A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,791
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: kitchen curtain confusion!  (Read 1486 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jo_mama
call me jo.

no stone throwing regardless of housing situation

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 22, 2011 09:34:32 PM »

hi!

my name is jo and i cannot figure out my kitchen curtains.

i have 3 windows in my kitchen.  one large one where our kitchen table is

(please note these are images from before we moved in, so anything on the wall or the table/chairs are not in there.  our table is a natural stain and has more straight lines)
one small one above the sink

and we have a door leaving the kitchen going into a breezeway that is 75% window.

all three are currently covered in the previous owner's delightful seafoam green curtains that are a bit 'old lady' in style (my opinion).  i'm looking to change that.

i have the fabric picked out and purchased:

one i tear off all the wallpaper i intend to paint the walls an aqua that's a few shades lighter than the one in the fabric.

i need help.  i want the house to have a fun/modern/casual vibe to it, so what style of curtains should i do?  we do not have a formal dining room, so this is the whole deal.

a couple contenders:
http://pinterest.com/pin/130393351680833773/
http://pinterest.com/pin/130393351680833793/

oh, and last note . . . the directions these windows face gets the evening sun (dinner time), so there does need to be significant coverage.  the blinds have to stay.

thanks for your help,

jo
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011 12:40:22 PM by jo_mama » THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my pins pinterest.com/josasser
and my websites josasser.com and splendidhandmade.com
MaryJane024
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011 02:01:29 PM »

Very cute kitchen!  You're right though, those curtains have to go.  They are really bland looking.  It makes the kitchen look dated and boring.  I would pick a bold color or something with a pattern.  
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012 02:19:02 PM by MissingWillow - Reason: To comply with Craftster rules » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChipNClancysMom

Where Martha Stewart meets Martha Raye!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011 12:00:51 PM »

I would stick to the cafe curtain look...similar to what is already there in the first picture, with a valance and lower curtain. The fabric you have picked (which is so cute!) will take away any old lady look about it. I would also hang them using a fun rod and clip hangers like the ones in the first link you posted.

I have a glass french door off my kitchen, and I wasn't thrilled with having a curtain on it, so I bought some artscapes window panels and used that for privacy instead of a curtain. Mine looks like stained glass, but they have lots of options. If I get tired of it, I can always peel it away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jo_mama
call me jo.

no stone throwing regardless of housing situation

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011 12:27:33 PM »

I would stick to the cafe curtain look...similar to what is already there in the first picture, with a valance and lower curtain. The fabric you have picked (which is so cute!) will take away any old lady look about it. I would also hang them using a fun rod and clip hangers like the ones in the first link you posted.

I have a glass french door off my kitchen, and I wasn't thrilled with having a curtain on it, so I bought some artscapes window panels and used that for privacy instead of a curtain. Mine looks like stained glass, but they have lots of options. If I get tired of it, I can always peel it away.

i considered a window "covering" like this, but the door will show damage from removing the curtain hardware, and there's no budget for a new door for vanity reasons right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my pins pinterest.com/josasser
and my websites josasser.com and splendidhandmade.com
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011 08:34:51 AM »

I'd love to see pics with the new furniture.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AhuraFarouk
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012 10:44:49 PM »

Apart from classical curtains and blinds, what do you think about net curtains?? They are enough good to leave funky look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Wrapping Paper
How to Create Your Own Napkin Ring
How to Gift Wrap a Bottle
How to Decorate Your Gifts
How to Decorate Your Gift Wrapped Bottle
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...