A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,795
Currently Running With Scissors:
760 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbie Swap Round 13! (Signups CLOSED, Sendouts 7/26)  (Read 12794 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nicegoing
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2010 07:55:21 AM »

I guess I'll go next! Cheesy

Hello! My name is Heather, I'm 18 and  I just graduated high school. I'll be going attending college in the fall about 3.5 hours away from home. I'm extremely excited, but sad to leave my family, boyfriend of over 1 year, and my cat behind. My major is currently undecided but I have interests in psychology, art, sociology, graphic design, interior design, nutrition, Spanish, and environmental studies.

I've lived near a very small town in northeast Nebraska (USA) my entire life. My dad was a farmer and my mom is an elementary school teacher. I have 4 siblings as well as two nieces and a nephew who I just adore.
In the past I've dabbled in jewelry making, sculpting, and card-making. Although now I mostly sew (handbags, clothes, toys, etc.), paint, and draw. I also love to henna. I've been sewing for about 5 years (it was actually Craftster that inspired me to purchase my first sewing machine!). I basically fell in love with it and have not stopped sewing since I was 13-14. Smiley

I also enjoy photography, reading, cooking and baking, origami, going for walks, watching movies with my boyfriend, drinking tea, and trying adventurous new foods. I also dabble in gardening and keep a small herb garden to use for recipes. Oh, and I LOVE to travel. Some of my favorite destinations have been Canada, California, New York City, and the UK. In the future I hope to travel to Mexico, Japan, Hawaii, France, Spain.. okay, anywhere really. Grin

So that's me! Who's next?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annie220588
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2010 11:22:28 AM »

Hello everybody :-)
Im Annika. Im 22 and I live in Germany near Frankfurt. Im going to move to Connecticut for one year beeing an AuPair in August. Im totally looking forward to this. So I can do alot of swaps and getting crafting stuff (like Freezer Paper) you dont get here in Germany. Im a professional photographer by job so this is one of my main hobbies. I own two rats, a dog and 2 Auqariums. So as you can see pets are a big part of my live as well. Im totally into crochet at the moment, mostly into amigurumis. I also like to draw and paint on canvas. I like to read thriller whenever i can. And i like to watch series like Bones and Heroes. I also like to hang out with my friends at movie nights or game nights. I love to play point and click adventures and i like stuff in 8 bit style. Im currently working on some perler beads 8 bit projects. Cooking is another thing I love to do. I like to cook italian, german (except sauerkraut :-/ dont like it at all) and asian.
Oh and i like to travel as much as i can. Currently i have been to Florida, Thailand, Sweden, Italy, Spain, France, UK, Netherlands, Boston, New York oh and much more i cant remember :-p
Somehow you can say Im a Girly. I love pink and orange and Im addicted to Hello Kitty. Oh and Im a Fan of fluffy Tigerskin printed fabric.
Please excuse my english. Im going to work on that when Im in Connecticut :-)
Im so excited about this swap!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010 02:24:51 AM by Annie220588 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

that1girl
i want to learn every craft there is

crafting for the fun of it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2010 12:13:34 PM »

I'm Dominique

I grow up in Toledo,Ohio. An moved to Ypsilanti ,Michigan when i was around 19. my mother had me when she was 14 so i was mostly raised by my grandma. I have one sister by my mother (Kayla), and my father is somewhat of rolling stone so i have 4 brothers and sisters that he claims. I'm only close to my Kayla.

I have been into art/crafts since i was very young. I even went to college for a little while to be an art teacher. but i realized i wasn't great at anything but art. i wasn't a great leader, and was bad at every other subject. so i dropped out. i was going to go back to be a social worker, but i never had the money to live and go to school.

I'm queer/ pansexual. I've known since i was 5. my boyfriend is FtM he came out to me three months into our relationship. we have been dating since 2004, after a friends birthday party got canceled . and we spent the night talking, i asked him out. we now live in Ypsilanti with our cat . we had a dog named Rosco, but he died. we had him for four years and he was always sick a few times a year

I was really into painting and drawing a few years ago. Then i was really into scrap booking. Then i was really into knitting. Now I'm really into crocheting. i also make jewelry, and things out of polymer clay. I've been trying to learn to sew but that's not clicking like everything before it. and I'm going to try to learn to embroidery.

When we moved to our trailer it had three bedrooms. It was one of the cheapest places we could get with the dog. an i got to keep one of the rooms to craft in. will crochet is a portable craft so i don't stay in that room unless I'm sewing. and yet it always get messed up. I get a lot of yarn donated to me, people find it and give it to me. so i have three large totes full of yarn. I make alot of charity items with it. but i just can't use it fast enough.

I like to make non use full items, cute things that just you just set up on a shelf. not like doilies,no. like clay foods, barbie dresses, game pieces glued to a pillow case. I like to change subject, my mind, and crafts often. i get bored with things if it doesn't happen fast enough. I don't really like kids, and I'm non-religious, but i like Christmas the fun parts.

I'm a very shy person, i don't talk much i mostly use my blog to talk for me. so when people meet me in real life they are very shock about this. I have two jobs, but still somehow craft more then other people. I think about my hair more then other people, i used to be obsessed with it

sorry its so long i ramble sometimes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wewilltaketothesea
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2010 01:54:23 PM »

Hi everyone! It's so nice hearing all about you. I'm looking forward to the newbie swap so much!

My name is Katie and I live in Baltimore, MD, a city made famous by John Waters movies and an adorably terrible baseball team. In my day job, I work for an organization that assists craftswomen in Darfur, Sudan with marketing and selling their crafts to fair trade shops in the US. It's really rewarding and I love being a part of the international arts and crafts movement!

My family has been in Baltimore for two generations, ever since my grandparents' families arrived here from Ireland. It's a beautiful and diverse city, and it inspires a lot of the crafts that I do! I live right by the water and it's a great spot to escape from busy city life. Accordingly, I also get a lot of inspiration from the sea, and I love all things water-related, like tugboats, and pirates, and marine life, and sailors.   Kiss

My grandmother taught me to sew and embroider when I was really young, and I am completely in love with it. She's no longer with us but I feel connected to her when I craft! I love making clothes and accessories, and I also love painting. So sewing and needlework are my first loves, but I have been learning to knit recently, and it is so much fun! I am totally not a good knitter and can pretty much only garter stitch little squares. But it's awesome and I can't wait to learn more so I can make pretty sweaters and scarves and those cute little amurigami things. They melt my heart. <3

In my free time (when I'm not making things), I also enjoy ballet and contemporary dancing, walking around in the woods to look for cute woodland creatures, watching Mad Men, reading Garrison Keillor and Agatha Christie books, and listening to music. My arts-and-crafts role models are Jenny Hart and Carson Ellis!

I am really excited about the swap and I hope you all have a lovely day! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krissy-poo
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2010 04:45:52 PM »

My name is Kristiana, most people call me Kris. I'm 23. I live in Halifax, NS (Canada). I work at a nursing home. I live with my boyfriend and our 4 (yes 4!) cats. I have 3 younger sisters. I have 10 tattoos and 4 piercings. And I change my hair color about once a month. I was brought up by my grandparents in a very small town not far from here. I moved to New Brunswick after graduating and did a year at University then decided it wasn't for me. Someday I hope to go into nursing.

I mostly crochet and cross stitch. I am self taught at crocheting, and my grandmother taught me how to cross stitch when I was very young. I recently got my first sewing machine, so I hope to do more sewing in the near future. I actually just bought a pattern to attempt to make my own scrubs for work, since I'm unusually tall and most of them are too short in the legs! I also like to re-con and stencil t-shirts. I have dipped into jewelry (mostly hemp) and scrapbooking in the past. I also want to make some button art really soon! I don't throw anything away, because I always think...hey, I can make something out of that! I also want to learn how to knit as well as spin in the near future. I will be selling at my very first craft fair this Christmas.

When I'm not working and crafting, I enjoy reading (just reading the Harry Potter books now). Favorites include VC Andrews books, Nicholas Sparks, Twilight, Coraline (also love the movie) and Stephen King. I love love love country music, but also listen to some Hip Hop/R&B/pop. Taylor Swift is a favorite of mine. I also play video games (currently working on Super Mario Galaxy 2 for the Wii). Favorite tv shows are Weeds, House, and Futurama.

Anyway I think I've rambled enough! So excited for this swap and to find out who my partner is!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GlinkS1063

I can make that...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2010 07:06:28 AM »

I am so excited to start the swap, can't wait to meet my partner!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yellowducke101
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2010 09:19:05 AM »

Hello everyone!

Lets start out by location and my general life. I live in Northern California in a little college town known for their parties. I have lived here all my life but come August I will be moving to the Bay Area for school. I am the first in my family to attend college so the energy around my house is very high and exciting. I'm the youngest in my family and the biggest craftster around.

I have tried various types of crafting but I have found that paper crafting is my area. I am not good at sewing and very rarely can I even draw a circle **giggle** but there are still days when I venture into the land of drawing or pull out my sewing machine. I adore scrapbooking because I have a passion for photography.  I enjoy card making and recently I discovered ATCs which I have now love to make...must stem from my childhood love for Pokemon cards  Wink

I am often described as the Good All-American Girl Next Door.  Something I am learning to love. I have a classic style and enjoy simplistic design and clean edges when I craft. I often try to leave my comfort zone when crafting but struggle to complete the project if I do. Equal to my love for crafting I love baking. My favorite dessert is brownies and am always looking for new recipes.

So that's me in a nut shell! I can't wait to start the swap   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GlinkS1063

I can make that...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2010 01:33:14 PM »

Introductions, oops, I seemed to have missed this part with my first post, it was great reading everyone elses posts! My name is Sarah Glink,I am 27 and I am a yankee living in North Carolina.  I have lived here for just over three years and absolutely love the fact that it is hot here all the time, to me hot = pools, iced coffee and a tan!  I am married to my sweetheart and have been for six years and last year we had our first daughter, Blair.  I have a one year old so I pretty much enjoy doing whatever she wants to do, ie tickle fights, spinning in circles while screaming and drinking chocolate milk by the pool.  I am also a full time student planning on graduating in 2012 with a degree in recreational therapy.

As far as crafting goes I love to work with fabrics; sewing, reconstructing, painting and anything else I can figure out to do with them.  I crochet like a fiend but have never been able to progress much beyond the simple scarf, hat and baby blanket (needless to say I have a few blankets hanging around my house).  I have recently gotten into paper crafts and especially enjoy origami.  I have always been a painter in one fashion or another and tend to gravitate toward painting when I don't know what else to do. 

I love to bake and cook, it seems like my whole day revolves around what I will make for dinner (that really is a good thing).  I enjoy going to the farmers market and almost every weekend I can be found at yard sales.  I have recently taken to crafting with strange things I find at yard sales, I've really gotten some interesting things out of old sheets and curtains! 

It is a pleasure to read about everyone else and I am so excited to get started, I have so many ideas running around my head right now!! 

Happy crafting all! ~Sarah
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CassandraChaos
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2010 04:27:38 PM »

Hello everybody!   
I'm Cassandra, I'm 17, and have been crafting my whole life.
I'm from a small town in New York, but I'm now living in Florida with my family and pets, and hope to move to California after college.
I dabble in pretty much everything, but I usually stick to polymer clay trinkets and jewlery, although I've been sewing alot lately.
My other hobby is music. I've played the violin for 5 years, and am currently in chorus at my school.
Another hobby of mine, which I'm almost more obsessed with than crafting, is make-up. I absolutely love it. I seriously have about 130 eyeshadows, and a whole kit of theater makeup. My dream is to do effect makeup for movies.
Cheesy

So, I guess thats me lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilley
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2010 04:01:30 PM »

I've just sent in my questionnaire-looking forward to playing along! Vicki x
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Crystal Clay and Swarovski Chatons
How to Make Chain Mail Jewellery
How to Find a Jewelry Making Class
How to Choose Jewelry Making Supplies
How to Choose Jewelry Making Tools
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...