We all want to run away with the circus! First, let's perfect those skills so we'll fit right in.
Swap name: Run Away With the Circus
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: thelastkodama
Co-organizer: blupaisan, if over 25
Sign-up date range: 6/10/10 - 6/30/10
Date to send item by: 8/2/10
Limited to a certain number of people? no
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? no
If so, which country?
Age requirement? no
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Is not secretly a potato: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old, or has been swapping before the rule change and has moderator approval: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
Original idea thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=342694.0
Details of swap:
This swap is for those learning any sort of circus skill, be it juggling, clowning, unicycling, tightrope walking, hooping, poi (poiing? does it work like skiing?), Spanish web, etc. If you've been practicing for years, great! If you've only gotten so far as watching other performers and drooling, great! All skill levels are welcome.
For this swap we will be sending six points
worth of goods, with a minimum of four points that you crafted yourself. Here is how the point system works: Large = 3 pts, medium = 2 pts, small = 1 pt. Below are the guidelines for item size.
Large = 3 or more hours
Medium = 2 or more hours
Small = 2 or less hours
Large = A shawl, a shirt, a skirt, a set of jewelry with four to five items, a purse
Medium = one single necklace or bracelet, a scarf
Small = Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks
Large = $30 or more
Medium = $10-$30 dollars
Small = $10 or less
If you have any questions on this, or on other swap topics, check out the Swap Info Guide
What can you make? Equipment, learning kits, themed household decor and clothing, anything you can make well as long as it fits with the theme and applies to your partner! Check the original thread for inspiration and brainstorm here with your fellows.
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO thelastkodama
VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer: (Feel free to be as erudite as need be!)
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Run Away With the Circus
Your real name:
Are at least 16 years old (yes/no)?
IF NO TO ABOVE QUESTION, have you been swapping before the rule change & have swap mod approval to continue (yes/no)?
Read the Swap Info Guide and rules/guidelines for this swap (yes/no)?
Have access to a camera to post what you received (yes/no)?
Do you have any allergens in your home?
Do you have any allergies? If YES, please list them.
Any favorite or abhorred color schemes?
What skills have you practiced?
In what capacity (shows, clubs, at home)?
What would you like to learn?
What crafts do you do or would you be willing to try?
Is there anything you aren't interested in learning right now?
Name a few things that you would love to receive in this swap:
Do you have a wist or other stalkable site?
Anything else your partner should know about your circusy life and/or aspirations?
Things you want your partner to know but I left off the questionnaire:
---> Lady Lovecraft
(See sending status in the gallery)