A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 304,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Teeny Tiny Polymer clay flip flop charms ***Page 2 is two Tutelicious***  (Read 9558 times)
Tags for this thread: charm , flip_flops , mini_clay_purses  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kaleesi
Craftaholic

Rae'Lynn Grace - 5 months old

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010 05:13:12 PM »

OMGosh Gina these are soooo cute!! The bottoms are made of different canes you have made???  The colors are so bright and beautiful - they look like flipflops people would love to buy in the store - and the texture on the bottom is the perfect touch! I love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a gorgeous granddaughter Smiley

Not allowed to craft without supervision Wink
God is big enough.....
beadizzygrl
Tutorial Contributor

My Perty Thangs......If the green light is on, I am home!!

MONSTER good luck coming my way!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010 06:08:05 PM »

Yes small canes since they are reduced even smaller when complete.  Tiny enough for barbie if her toes were apart lol.
 Grin

Thanx Kaleesi!!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gina
I am not obsessed with Perty Thangs, I am disciplined...

I have alot to share, all you gotta do is ask.

Crochet, x-stitch, Ribbon embroidery, plastic canvas, beadwork, polymer clay, wire work, and now TATTING!!  Please help me learn to knit, then I might be complete.
nougatgee
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010 08:28:53 PM »

oooh - the flip flops are fabulous!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HippieKender
The most precious thing one can make is a friend.

I tend to lick circular things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010 08:32:31 PM »

HippieKender--I missed that episode, I am HUGE That's Clever fan.  I just gave these a good guess, I wonder if they are made the same way....hmmmm.....Did they use beads for straps too?

I couldn't remember so I searched out the episode. It looks like, yes she used beads for the straps.
http://www.hgtv.com/crafting/washi-tin-gift-box-and-flip-flop-earrings/index.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beadizzygrl
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010 09:51:39 PM »

Thank you  nougatgee!   Grin

Wow  HippieKender, I do think I remember that one!! My mind remembered enough to end up doing it this way.  I did mine with multiple bake times and used tigers-tailish wire with crimps instead of fishing line.  I feared my fishin line would melt in oven with baking it.

For those interested:
I cut out small flip flop sole with index card and cut around it instead of like she did with bent cookie cutter.  I thought perfection in my shoes by flipping the card sole over for left and right shoe.  I made my canes, placed slices onto clay sheet med thickness for ALL the soles,(roll roll roll flat) cut around card soles.  I put three holes for strap placement and baked them flat.  After baking I arranged my wires with crimps behind each hole after adding beads.  (two bead at toes join the wires then split with 6 seed beads on each wire then thru the other two holes)  Use the card sole to cut around two more soles per shoe for middle and bottom layers.  I used multi colors for layers.  I textured the bottom cut outs before assembly.  I stacked the two remaining soles to help "bury" the crimps inside.  Pinch gently the soles as to not mess up your bottom impression.  I had the impressions more messed up to give them a worn out sole in the areas I notice wearing out first on my real flipflops.   Roll Eyes
I used figure 8 bent wire over the toe crimp but between first and second layers to have a bail out the tippy top.  Bake flip flop again.
  Charm your charming charms on a chain.   Cheesy   Cool

Thanks so much  HippieKender for findin the original tute for US!!   Kiss
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010 10:31:17 PM by beadizzygrl - Reason: Because I forget things to say the way they need said. : / » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gina

Crochet, x-stitch, Ribbon embroidery, plastic canvas, beadwork, polymer clay, wire work, and now TATTING!!  Please help me learn to knit, then I might be complete.
beadizzygrl
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010 10:00:28 PM »

Yes I made up new word TUTELICIOUS or is that already used in here? lol I bet it is somewhere.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gina

sweetpetunia
Say No To Drugs, Say Yes To Tacos!!!

Veggie Tales!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010 08:42:59 AM »

Thank you  nougatgee!   Grin

Wow  HippieKender, I do think I remember that one!! My mind remembered enough to end up doing it this way.  I did mine with multiple bake times and used tigers-tailish wire with crimps instead of fishing line.  I feared my fishin line would melt in oven with baking it.

For those interested:
I cut out small flip flop sole with index card and cut around it instead of like she did with bent cookie cutter.  I thought perfection in my shoes by flipping the card sole over for left and right shoe.  I made my canes, placed slices onto clay sheet med thickness for ALL the soles,(roll roll roll flat) cut around card soles.  I put three holes for strap placement and baked them flat.  After baking I arranged my wires with crimps behind each hole after adding beads.  (two bead at toes join the wires then split with 6 seed beads on each wire then thru the other two holes)  Use the card sole to cut around two more soles per shoe for middle and bottom layers.  I used multi colors for layers.  I textured the bottom cut outs before assembly.  I stacked the two remaining soles to help "bury" the crimps inside.  Pinch gently the soles as to not mess up your bottom impression.  I had the impressions more messed up to give them a worn out sole in the areas I notice wearing out first on my real flipflops.   Roll Eyes
I used figure 8 bent wire over the toe crimp but between first and second layers to have a bail out the tippy top.  Bake flip flop again.
  Charm your charming charms on a chain.   Cheesy   Cool

Thanks so much  HippieKender for findin the original tute for US!!   Kiss

Thanks for the TUTELICIOUS!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Ashley

~ Amazingly helpful website!!: http://glassattic.com/polymer/contents.htm
Diane B.

GlassAttic --polymer clay "encyclopedia"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010 09:36:40 AM »

So cute... love them!  And how fun to make; I could definitely see the assembly line in my mind when you mentioned it  Grin.

I don't know if I ever saw the That's Clever episode, but making mini flip-flops (and other mini shoes and purses) has been done (invented or modified, etc) but various clayers in the past too.  Here's the list I have on my Miniatures page for flip flops... some of the links now dead, though still contain ideas or possible ID:
oops... I should be able to find the "new" link for the Polyform site Tongue and for Debbie's site now that geocities closed... hold on:
Pat S's lesson on making flip-flops (thongs, beach shoes)
... 2 shoe-shaped sheets of textured Skinner Blend for sole ...bale (sic) is 16 g copper wire looped twice around rod ( "legs" inserted between 2 shoelayers) ...cane slices of multi-wrapped bullseyes for thong
http://www.sculpey.com/Projects/projects_FlipFlops.htm
Kathy W's flip flop earrings with seed bead thongs
http://www.kathyweinberg.com/flip_flops.html
Naamaza's flip-flops with cane-slice sheet as top layer of shoe... solid color thong + doodad on top of thong, added
http://www.naamaza.com/site/detail/departAlbum/showPic.asp?depart_id=2431&category_id=13081&picture_id=139046
Debbie Anderson's flip-flops and slippers and other shoes ...don't know if Debbie has a new site since geocities went down, but here's at least one of her necklaces showing a number of her shoes (she's also a real leather shoemaker in real life):
http://www.rings-things.com/gallery/displayimage-46-9.html
http://www.geocities.com/thousand_canes/full/shoegarden.jpg
Janet Scheetz's beach shoes (thongs/flipflops) as beads on a necklace, some with stripes or gingham-type checks for soles... 2nd color for under layer of shoes
http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/ppcg/guild6.html (gone)
Jan's flip flops (rubber sandals with toe thong) with flower(s) on top of thong, etc http://drumdiver.com/janmade/new_page_28.htm (gone)

and more clay flip flops:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=flip+flops+polymer+clay

Diane B.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010 09:51:38 AM by Diane B. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

POLYMER CLAY "ENCYCLOPEDIA" 
http://glassattic.com/polymer/contents.htm
few of my photos
http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/DianeBB
(had to move them from YahooPhotos, so many now without captions)
HippieKender
The most precious thing one can make is a friend.

I tend to lick circular things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010 10:23:15 AM »

Thanks for your tutalicious tut! Cheesy  I am definitely going to try to find some time to play with clay today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beadizzygrl
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2010 10:13:49 AM »

Yay DianeB is rocking again with even more Tutelicious links!!  TY!!

You are very welcome  sweetpetunia!
 Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gina

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mireille Giuliano Talks About Women, Work and the Art of Savoir Faire
Dr. Herbert Benson Talks About Relaxation Revolution
Meet Author Kathleen McGowan
Nana Ekua Brew-Hammond Talks About Powder Necklace
Emily Gould Talks About And the Heart Says Whatever
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...