A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,504
Currently Running With Scissors:
610 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Teeny Tiny Polymer clay flip flop charms ***Page 2 is two Tutelicious***  (Read 9372 times)
Tags for this thread: charm , flip_flops , mini_clay_purses  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kaleesi
Craftaholic

Rae'Lynn Grace - 5 months old

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010 05:13:12 PM »

OMGosh Gina these are soooo cute!! The bottoms are made of different canes you have made???  The colors are so bright and beautiful - they look like flipflops people would love to buy in the store - and the texture on the bottom is the perfect touch! I love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a gorgeous granddaughter Smiley

Not allowed to craft without supervision Wink
God is big enough.....
beadizzygrl
Tutorial Contributor

My Perty Thangs......If the green light is on, I am home!!

MONSTER good luck coming my way!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010 06:08:05 PM »

Yes small canes since they are reduced even smaller when complete.  Tiny enough for barbie if her toes were apart lol.
 Grin

Thanx Kaleesi!!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gina
I am not obsessed with Perty Thangs, I am disciplined...

I have alot to share, all you gotta do is ask.

Crochet, x-stitch, Ribbon embroidery, plastic canvas, beadwork, polymer clay, wire work, and now TATTING!!  Please help me learn to knit, then I might be complete.
nougatgee
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010 08:28:53 PM »

oooh - the flip flops are fabulous!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HippieKender
The most precious thing one can make is a friend.

I tend to lick circular things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010 08:32:31 PM »

HippieKender--I missed that episode, I am HUGE That's Clever fan.  I just gave these a good guess, I wonder if they are made the same way....hmmmm.....Did they use beads for straps too?

I couldn't remember so I searched out the episode. It looks like, yes she used beads for the straps.
http://www.hgtv.com/crafting/washi-tin-gift-box-and-flip-flop-earrings/index.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beadizzygrl
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010 09:51:39 PM »

Thank you  nougatgee!   Grin

Wow  HippieKender, I do think I remember that one!! My mind remembered enough to end up doing it this way.  I did mine with multiple bake times and used tigers-tailish wire with crimps instead of fishing line.  I feared my fishin line would melt in oven with baking it.

For those interested:
I cut out small flip flop sole with index card and cut around it instead of like she did with bent cookie cutter.  I thought perfection in my shoes by flipping the card sole over for left and right shoe.  I made my canes, placed slices onto clay sheet med thickness for ALL the soles,(roll roll roll flat) cut around card soles.  I put three holes for strap placement and baked them flat.  After baking I arranged my wires with crimps behind each hole after adding beads.  (two bead at toes join the wires then split with 6 seed beads on each wire then thru the other two holes)  Use the card sole to cut around two more soles per shoe for middle and bottom layers.  I used multi colors for layers.  I textured the bottom cut outs before assembly.  I stacked the two remaining soles to help "bury" the crimps inside.  Pinch gently the soles as to not mess up your bottom impression.  I had the impressions more messed up to give them a worn out sole in the areas I notice wearing out first on my real flipflops.   Roll Eyes
I used figure 8 bent wire over the toe crimp but between first and second layers to have a bail out the tippy top.  Bake flip flop again.
  Charm your charming charms on a chain.   Cheesy   Cool

Thanks so much  HippieKender for findin the original tute for US!!   Kiss
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010 10:31:17 PM by beadizzygrl - Reason: Because I forget things to say the way they need said. : / » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gina

Crochet, x-stitch, Ribbon embroidery, plastic canvas, beadwork, polymer clay, wire work, and now TATTING!!  Please help me learn to knit, then I might be complete.
beadizzygrl
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010 10:00:28 PM »

Yes I made up new word TUTELICIOUS or is that already used in here? lol I bet it is somewhere.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gina

sweetpetunia
Say No To Drugs, Say Yes To Tacos!!!

Veggie Tales!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010 08:42:59 AM »

Thank you  nougatgee!   Grin

Wow  HippieKender, I do think I remember that one!! My mind remembered enough to end up doing it this way.  I did mine with multiple bake times and used tigers-tailish wire with crimps instead of fishing line.  I feared my fishin line would melt in oven with baking it.

For those interested:
I cut out small flip flop sole with index card and cut around it instead of like she did with bent cookie cutter.  I thought perfection in my shoes by flipping the card sole over for left and right shoe.  I made my canes, placed slices onto clay sheet med thickness for ALL the soles,(roll roll roll flat) cut around card soles.  I put three holes for strap placement and baked them flat.  After baking I arranged my wires with crimps behind each hole after adding beads.  (two bead at toes join the wires then split with 6 seed beads on each wire then thru the other two holes)  Use the card sole to cut around two more soles per shoe for middle and bottom layers.  I used multi colors for layers.  I textured the bottom cut outs before assembly.  I stacked the two remaining soles to help "bury" the crimps inside.  Pinch gently the soles as to not mess up your bottom impression.  I had the impressions more messed up to give them a worn out sole in the areas I notice wearing out first on my real flipflops.   Roll Eyes
I used figure 8 bent wire over the toe crimp but between first and second layers to have a bail out the tippy top.  Bake flip flop again.
  Charm your charming charms on a chain.   Cheesy   Cool

Thanks so much  HippieKender for findin the original tute for US!!   Kiss

Thanks for the TUTELICIOUS!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Ashley

~ Amazingly helpful website!!: http://glassattic.com/polymer/contents.htm
Diane B.

GlassAttic --polymer clay "encyclopedia"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010 09:36:40 AM »

So cute... love them!  And how fun to make; I could definitely see the assembly line in my mind when you mentioned it  Grin.

I don't know if I ever saw the That's Clever episode, but making mini flip-flops (and other mini shoes and purses) has been done (invented or modified, etc) but various clayers in the past too.  Here's the list I have on my Miniatures page for flip flops... some of the links now dead, though still contain ideas or possible ID:
oops... I should be able to find the "new" link for the Polyform site Tongue and for Debbie's site now that geocities closed... hold on:
Pat S's lesson on making flip-flops (thongs, beach shoes)
... 2 shoe-shaped sheets of textured Skinner Blend for sole ...bale (sic) is 16 g copper wire looped twice around rod ( "legs" inserted between 2 shoelayers) ...cane slices of multi-wrapped bullseyes for thong
http://www.sculpey.com/Projects/projects_FlipFlops.htm
Kathy W's flip flop earrings with seed bead thongs
http://www.kathyweinberg.com/flip_flops.html
Naamaza's flip-flops with cane-slice sheet as top layer of shoe... solid color thong + doodad on top of thong, added
http://www.naamaza.com/site/detail/departAlbum/showPic.asp?depart_id=2431&category_id=13081&picture_id=139046
Debbie Anderson's flip-flops and slippers and other shoes ...don't know if Debbie has a new site since geocities went down, but here's at least one of her necklaces showing a number of her shoes (she's also a real leather shoemaker in real life):
http://www.rings-things.com/gallery/displayimage-46-9.html
http://www.geocities.com/thousand_canes/full/shoegarden.jpg
Janet Scheetz's beach shoes (thongs/flipflops) as beads on a necklace, some with stripes or gingham-type checks for soles... 2nd color for under layer of shoes
http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/ppcg/guild6.html (gone)
Jan's flip flops (rubber sandals with toe thong) with flower(s) on top of thong, etc http://drumdiver.com/janmade/new_page_28.htm (gone)

and more clay flip flops:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=flip+flops+polymer+clay

Diane B.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010 09:51:38 AM by Diane B. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

POLYMER CLAY "ENCYCLOPEDIA" 
http://glassattic.com/polymer/contents.htm
few of my photos
http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/DianeBB
(had to move them from YahooPhotos, so many now without captions)
HippieKender
The most precious thing one can make is a friend.

I tend to lick circular things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010 10:23:15 AM »

Thanks for your tutalicious tut! Cheesy  I am definitely going to try to find some time to play with clay today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beadizzygrl
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2010 10:13:49 AM »

Yay DianeB is rocking again with even more Tutelicious links!!  TY!!

You are very welcome  sweetpetunia!
 Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gina

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Setup Preferences in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use Advanced Adobe Photoshop CS3 Series
How to Save and Share the Actions in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Use the Button Mode in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Work With Playback Option in Adobe Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...