I found this recipe in a magazine (Favorite Brand Name Recipes Vol. 3, No. 15, April 20th 2010) a few weeks ago and finally tried it!!!
It doesn't look fantastic, but the taste makes up for it!!! I LOVED it!!!
Anyways, here it is!!!
*1 Pound Ground Beef
*1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
*1/4 tsp Salt
*1/8 tsp Black Pepper
*1 Tbsp Chili Powder
*1 tsp Ground Cumin
*1 tsp Dried Oregano
*1 Can (10 3/4 oz) condensed Nacho Cheese Soup, undiluted
*1 Cup Milk
*1 pkg. (8 count) refrigerated crescent roll dough
*1/4 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
*Chopped, Fresh Cilantro (optional)
I also added Green Onions, Jalapenos, Olives and Sour Cream to mine even though the recipe doesn't call for it.
1) Preheat the oven to 350 Deg. F
2) Cook beef and onion in large skillet over medium-high heat; Drain and return to pan.
3) Stir in the next 5 ingredients.
4) Combine soup and milk in a lightly greased 13x9 baking dish.
5) Separate the crescent dough into 4 rectangles; roll out to 8x4 inches and cut to form 8 (4 inch) squares.
6) Spoon approx. 1/4 cup of the beef mixture into the center of each square; Pull the 4 corners over the filling and pinch to seal.
7) Place in the prepared dish and bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Sprinkle with cheese; melt in oven. This is when I add the green onions, olives and sliced jalapenos
9) Serve with cilantro and salsa if desired. And sour cream/quacamole if you like that stuff lol
Right out of the oven, not the best picture sorry. It tastes much better then it looks.
And this was after I attacked it with Jalapenos, Olives and Salsa lol (a little too much salsa but oh well)
Another quick note, I had a hard time finding "Nacho Cheese Soup"... I found cheddar cheese soup in the normal soup section at the store, but then I found a Nacho Cheese Sauce in the section that has salsas and stuff like that for mexican food. Either one works (i tried it both ways) it just has a very slight taste difference.