A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,690
Currently Running With Scissors:
759 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dotees - Mini Art Dolls - Round 10 DISCUSSION Send out 7/19/10  (Read 15473 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Rosie1981

Wanderlust.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: July 03, 2010 08:24:42 PM »

I had a brain bubble and forgot about this holiday weekend.  Dotees will be in the mail on Tuesday.  I'll PM my group with their DC numbers that afternoon.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shelichan

Fashion designer for hire in NYC!

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 03, 2010 08:51:01 PM »

Okay! Ive been awayyyy and got a dotee with no name! But after checkin this thread I realized it was from Mamarose! Thank you! omg I love it!!! Ill try to have a picture up in a day or two! The potpourri smells sooo good!!! Thank you for my first ever dotee!

As for mine... still workin on em! Been kinda busy recently... as usual with myself and swaps Ill probably end up sending *on* the deadline (between being busy and procrastinating!  Undecided )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Childrenswear & womenswear designer for hire in NYC!
SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: July 04, 2010 08:57:22 AM »

I'm still here....just have one more to finish. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
mamarose22
« Reply #153 on: July 04, 2010 09:09:34 AM »

Okay! Ive been awayyyy and got a dotee with no name! But after checkin this thread I realized it was from Mamarose! Thank you! omg I love it!!! Ill try to have a picture up in a day or two! The potpourri smells sooo good!!! Thank you for my first ever dotee!
Yup, that was from me.  That's why I don't get rid of the mailer right away.  I like to keep the dotees with the mailers so I know for sure who sent them.  (As a matter of fact, I sometimes recycle those mailers.) 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.wists.com/mamarose22
pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #154 on: July 04, 2010 09:37:51 AM »

Just checkin' in, and sayin' hey, and whatnot. If you're State-side, have a lovely 4th and be safe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vampedangel14
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Easily craftstracted!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #155 on: July 04, 2010 10:03:53 AM »

I just finished my Dotees! I'm actually happy with them too so I really hope my partners enjoy them. I'm actually going to make one for my grandmother too. Cheesy  I'll be sending out Tue or Wed I think depending on when I can get to the bank to cash my check.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

strwberrytart

Red hair, Pink dress, and rockin a Pink guitar!

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 04, 2010 02:06:07 PM »

Just checking in! Love the dotees so far! So jealous and excited at the same time. I have 3 started and none finished because every time I think I got it figured out, something goes wrong. I tend to have high aspirations every time i start new crafts and then have to play trial and error instead of just starting out simple. oh well, they will be lovely when done. I am having a ball figuring, configuring and revamping to make every thing perfect. have a wonderful 4th of July to all the Americans and to all others I hope that your 4th is just as fun.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just wondering...Does crafting cause more stress than it relieves?

My Wist List: http://www.wists.com/strwberrytart
Shelichan

Fashion designer for hire in NYC!

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 05, 2010 03:18:04 AM »

Yup, that was from me.  That's why I don't get rid of the mailer right away.  I like to keep the dotees with the mailers so I know for sure who sent them.  (As a matter of fact, I sometimes recycle those mailers.)  

Oh I know! I horde bubble mailers. Like, my boyfriend thinks I have a problem. I have probably 50 of them! So now that I am sure that its yours, thank you so much! I love it! I love how you drew the face and hair! I would never have thought about drawing on fabric! And it seems to repel my cat? BONUS! I have it hanging over my bed atm!

And I received from pollyprissypants today! Omg!!! A SUPER cute turtle dotee! Felt with embroidery and beading! Thank you! Its so amazing (and the face is so not creepy! In fact she noted on the mailer that she tried not to make it creepy cause... I dislike creepy faces lol) I have no idea how you had the patience to hand sew all of those details!

Im taking pictures in an hour when the sun has fully risen, and Ill have them up later today! Cheesy

In my sleep deprived state (Im exhausted but I have bad insomnia..) Ive come up with what I think is a really great and unique idea for everyones dotees! Granted this is my first dotee swap and I didnt go through alll of the galleries - but I havent seen it done yet! Im excited to give it shot once the sun rises enough to have good enough light to do it! Otherwise I fear Ill go blind! Smiley

Now time for sleep... maybe?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010 03:21:14 AM by Shelichan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Childrenswear & womenswear designer for hire in NYC!
pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #158 on: July 05, 2010 08:41:38 AM »

So glad you like it! And I really did try super hard to not make it one of those vaguely human faces (and yes, I can understand how faces can creep one out). Huzzah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

titaniumhip
Titaniumhip Sews

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #159 on: July 06, 2010 07:46:55 AM »

I am almost finished my 2nd one...it kept evolving but I hope my partner likes it...
All my Dotees are completely different this time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lingerie Store La Perla Takes Down Dangerously Thin Mannequin
Abbi Crutchfield at NYFW: Street Style Wisdom
Selena Gomez Sizzles in Lanvin
3 Totally Different Ways to Wear Cutoffs
5 Hottest Swimsuit Trends for Summer
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...