The gallery for Round 10: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=352058.0
"Crafty Girl" Dotee made by me for Round 9
Swap name: Dotees - Mini Art Dolls - ROUND 10
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Smmarrt
Sign-up date range: 6/09/10 - 6/18/10
Date to send item by: Monday July 19, 2010
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 24
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?
Additional Age requirement?
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
Details of swap:
DOT-ees or DOE-tees, however you prefer to call them, these little dolls are charming and addictive. Look through the past galleries and you will see that you can use any type of material or medium to make these art dolls.
Round 1 - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=250388.0
Round 2 - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=257571.0
Round 3 - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=273862.0
Round 4 - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=295530.0
Round 5 - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=304600.0
Round 6 - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=313711.0
Round 7 - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=322303.0
Round 8 - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=334100.0
Round 9 - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=343255.0
The requirements for a dotee doll usually include a loop for hanging, a face and a tail. I do not use tails myself each time but there are some makers who must add one - you know who you are. The dolls can be animals, people, creatures, critters, famous or infamous. I think the best part is to collect an eclectic assortment of unusual little dolls that most of us display on the wall for constant viewing.
You can choose a USA-only group or an international one. The groups are usually 3 or 4 people and you make one doll for each partner in the group. It is recommended (by me) that you make one for yourself to keep as well.
YOU MUST send the doll in a bubble mailer (or another sturdy type of envelope or box) and YOU MUST get a DC# which costs an additional 70 cents. The second MUST is a Craftster rewuirement for all swaps.
So let's begin!
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER: Dotees - Mini Art Dolls - ROUND 10
Name of swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Please list 5 things/colors you like:
Please list 5 things/colors you DON'T like:
(Remember, these likes and dislikes are not a guarantee that you'll get what you ask for, it is just a starting point for your partners.)
Anything else you'd like your partners to know?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find other rules about participating in a swap.