A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,720
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 36 boring frames ( lots of fotos)  (Read 9460 times)
Tags for this thread: frame , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jodilee
« on: June 09, 2010 07:25:33 AM »

Ok so I collect 'stuff'' small plastic things, odd earrings, parts off my old clock. If its small and cute its 'mine'  I also visit the recycling center quite a lot that has lots of stuff which is factory waste................Its dangerous place for the creative amongst  us.

For years I have been adding to my stash and decided I had to 'do' something so i went to Ikea and bought 36 small boring frames  5 x 7 inches in size. I wanted to make each frame decorated in a different way using not only my stash of stuff but also the ideas that have been buzzing about in my head for a long time.

I call this one Amsterdam beacause i live in Holland where there are millions of bycycles....

side view of bicycles

work in progress

completed and on the wall

I covered a piece of MDF in a sheet of tin from the recycling center and then attached a small piece of tin to the back of each frame with some small but very strong magnets and so I can rearrange the frames and remove the pics and put new ones in etc.........

Thanks for looking and any comments or tips are very welcome. Cheesy

« Last Edit: August 11, 2010 09:28:40 AM by jodilee - Reason: picture host reshuffle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010 07:48:57 AM »

wow!
I am beyond impressed, there is so much to look at!
This is an inspired idea beautifully executed, and did I say wow!
S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
http://wists.com/scrappysue
working on the Teesha Moore craftalong
Destashing the craft room
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010 08:59:15 AM »

Wow! That is impressive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SierraPapaCharlie

Be more awesome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010 09:51:08 AM »

Wow, how long did this take you? They look very striking all grouped together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed. L. Frank Baum

http://sierrapapacharlie.wordpress.com

http://www.wists.com/sierrapapacharlie
jodilee
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010 10:04:18 AM »

Thanks for the replies folks......... Grin

This project has taken me a couple of months on and off. I use craft as a sort of relaxation technique and so i drift along in my own sweet time...I didn't want to rush and i re arranged a million times and once again this morning but i'm justhappy that i can do this now that they are attached with magnets.

I like them together too and i often think that when i see stuff i like in shops........I'll have to buy one of each colour to get the same effect at home Shocked lol.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010 11:32:24 AM »

This is so cool! Really great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010 03:13:25 PM »

These, it? not sure since technically they're all part of a whole, are so awesome.

Very cool concept.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skankamaggot
It seems that different people have an idea of what I am, and what I should be. And then there's me.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010 08:14:21 PM »

WOW! That's amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jodilee
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010 02:13:36 PM »

WOW! That's amazing!
Cheesy

These, it? not sure since technically they're all part of a whole, are so awesome.
Cheesy

This is so cool! Really great idea!
Cheesy

Glad you liked them, They took a ages to make because I took my time but they were easy to make and for me I love that I still own all my clutter but now it's a bit more organised plus I can see it all unlike when it was in boxes under the bed. Roll Eyes

THIS ROCKS   Logged

shelayla82
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010 07:18:23 PM »

What a great way to display different things you like.  I especially love that they can be moved around.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maidofspades
Bumblebeetuna.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010 02:18:39 PM »

That is so awesome! Great, great work. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jodilee
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010 06:50:28 AM »

What a great way to display different things you like.  I especially love that they can be moved around.

Thanks it was an inspired idea from my husband to use the magnets because he uses them at work. I remembered i had a sheet of tin and voila..........problem of moving them about was solved. Roll Eyes

That is so awesome! Great, great work. Grin

Thanks i really appreciate your appreciation lol  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riechan
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010 07:36:37 AM »

those are really cool! Love the one with the bicycles!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog
My Shop @ fb
Junque journal Along!
50 Projects in 2014!
Anyone interested in a postcard swap? I have too many... PM me! ^^
CleanFeelin

Crafter's Block = My worst enemy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010 01:05:48 PM »

I looove the one with the flowers coming out of it.  I was inspired by this one and will surely have to try it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
wists.com/CPhelan
Pinterest
pinterest.com/cphelan318/

Current Swaps:
Mini 12 Days of Christmas - Crafting!

Personal Swaps Welcome
jodilee
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2010 06:07:05 AM »

I looove the one with the flowers coming out of it.  I was inspired by this one and will surely have to try it!

So glad you like it, i've uploaded a close up of the one i think you mean so you can get a better idea.......It's just some shop bought felt made into flowers and hand made felts swirls for centers with an old bead for decoration.

those are really cool! Love the one with the bicycles!

Thats also one of my favourites...........look closely and see if you can find the ONE bicycle thats facing the wrong way..........there is always one awkward one. Grin
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010 09:30:06 AM by jodilee - Reason: picture hosting reshuffle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

michkoro
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2010 09:27:40 PM »

You did an amazing job!  I totally understand your need to collect 'stuff', I do it too and now you've inspired me to do something with it!  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love giving homemade gifts.  Which one of my kids do you want?
jodilee
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2010 09:47:00 AM »

You did an amazing job!  I totally understand your need to collect 'stuff', I do it too and now you've inspired me to do something with it!  Thanks!

Cool glad i can help lol. Grin.................I love the fact that i can now see my stuff all the time much better than  having it in boxes gathering dust.. I also made some beaded curtains using more old beads and jewellery and 'things' i'd found over the years, i just threaded them onto fishing line (nylon) and they now hang the length and breadth of my large picture window. They are on my slideshow.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010 04:09:42 AM by jodilee - Reason: spelling » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bexieboo
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010 07:16:47 AM »

It's a great idea, and it looks just beautiful. Makes me want to do the same with all the bits I've got hanging around not doing anything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jodilee
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010 10:05:16 AM »

It's a great idea, and it looks just beautiful. Makes me want to do the same with all the bits I've got hanging around not doing anything!

I looove the one with the flowers coming out of it.  I was inspired by this one and will surely have to try it!

If you make anything using your stuff or stash or whatever  don't forget to post us some pictures.  I would love to see what you come up with and I have plenty more junk and so would welcome new ideas too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010 02:50:05 PM »

I love this! And I love that you used tin and magnets. Fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jodilee
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2010 01:36:07 PM »

I love this! And I love that you used tin and magnets. Fantastic!

Thanks I enjoyed doing it and solving the problems and using the things I already had at home. I just 'knew' that the tin would come in handy someday  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mlheran

Jack of all trades

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2010 09:42:47 AM »

That is SO AMAZINGLY AWESOME!! Shocked
The random-thing-collector in me is just squealing with delight and awe! That is just perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest
swaps: -
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2010 04:49:12 PM »

So freaking cool and so me and SO SO SO WISTED.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
jodilee
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2010 10:55:59 AM »

So freaking cool and so me and SO SO SO WISTED.
That is SO AMAZINGLY AWESOME!! Shocked
The random-thing-collector in me is just squealing with delight and awe! That is just perfect!

You're too kind folks I mean its just a load of junk stuck to or in frames..............BUT I know there are plenty of 'collectors' out there and this idea really appeals to YOU! and it's so 'do' able too.

One big frame covered in your junk would be a start and the best part is they would all be unique..........no two collections of junk and stuff are alike Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2010 04:38:26 AM »

As I am reorganizing my house, this might be a fun project for all that little stuff in my 'collection'.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2010 08:33:41 PM »

those frames aren't so boring anymore!  What a great use of stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jodilee
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2010 05:45:53 AM »

those frames aren't so boring anymore!  What a great use of stuff!

Thanks but they were! Here is my cat Billy staring at them in disbelief and awe of their boringness Grin

« Last Edit: July 12, 2010 07:59:59 AM by jodilee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2010 05:54:32 AM »

Rocks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2010 09:54:20 AM »

LOL!  cute Kitty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brookie5686
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2010 10:20:52 AM »

Such a cool project.  It reminds me of something I'd see in a really cool hipster house!  LOVE IT! It also reminds me of a project I'm working on that needs an old window frame.  Well done, my favorite part is the tin! A good idea to move them around and such.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thanks for inspiring me!

~~~~~~~~~Current Swaps~~~~~~~~~~~
Random Swap Round 3 - Waiting for Partners
jodilee
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2010 02:16:21 AM »

Such a cool project.  It reminds me of something I'd see in a really cool hipster house!  LOVE IT! It also reminds me of a project I'm working on that needs an old window frame.  Well done, my favorite part is the tin! A good idea to move them around and such.

This made me laugh.........."totally cool hipster house" ha ha ha........  In my dreams maybe.

I do try and decorate my place with things I have made if only because they are unique............thats not to say they are any good but definately one offs and THAT for me is what i loooooooooove. If i go to someones house i want to see their ideas or creations and see how they have adapted stuff to their own tastes. Cannot stand  houses where I could replicate the very same look by going to the local 'design' store or IKEA.

LOL!  cute Kitty!

Cry Cry Cry My beautiful Baby Billy sadly died on Dec 14th 2009  Cry Cry Cry He was  a great art critic and I miss him very much.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010 07:22:06 AM by jodilee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kattfanskap

I fail like a Pro and I make it look awesome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2010 05:34:20 AM »

oh wow, that's really impressive! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
http://craftykatt.blogspot.com
jodilee
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2010 02:09:36 PM »

oh wow, that's really impressive! 

Thanks, it was easy to do so why not have a go yourself...........don't forget to post pics. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waterbaby

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2010 11:09:38 AM »

Wonderfully creative and inspiring.  And now I can truly rationalize all the saved bits and bobs I feel the need to keep...as long as I get around to actually doing some with it all....  Thanks so much for posting and sharing these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
queenofstickynotes
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2010 02:44:21 PM »

You are such a talent!  Your frames are whimsicle, funny, colourful and gorgeous.  Bravo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You keep thinkin' Butch.  That's what you're good at."  from movie Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid
jodilee
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2010 05:07:47 AM »

You are such a talent!  Your frames are whimsicle, funny, colourful and gorgeous.  Bravo!
Wonderfully creative and inspiring.  And now I can truly rationalize all the saved bits and bobs I feel the need to keep...as long as I get around to actually doing some with it all....  Thanks so much for posting and sharing these!

Thanks...........yesterday I bought some more frames and shall be making another in the near future  Roll Eyes The frames cost 1.49 euros for THREE so not a  lot of outlay. The MDF I already have and the tin and the magnets I can get ( i hope) for free. Just gotta sort our my junk...............again Wink
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010 05:09:55 AM by jodilee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

darkladymajesta
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2010 07:32:12 AM »

I really love the idea of being able to replace the pictures when you want. I might make something similar after I move. How did you hang the piece on the wall?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jodilee
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2010 07:48:52 AM »

I really love the idea of being able to replace the pictures when you want. I might make something similar after I move. How did you hang the piece on the wall?

Thanks  Smiley

My husband screwed to pieces of wood to the wall they are about 2.5 inches by 1 inch thick and as wide as the MDF. Then he screwed right through the tin and MDF into the batons to hold the whole thing in place. So to remove it completely we'd have to take off the frames and undo 4 screws and the 'piece' would be gone then another 4 screws to remove the batons of wood.

Because the batons are behind the it the whole thing stand a little 'proud' of the wall.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

darkladymajesta
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2010 12:52:49 PM »

Thats a lot of holes in the wall for a rental place.  Undecided Perhaps I could make up some way to have a free standing version. That will have to be after I move though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jodilee
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2010 01:16:52 PM »

Its only 4 screws tholding the batons to the wall,  the other screws go into the batons but not through to the wall......... Undecided

But I know how it it with rental. Maybe you could just put it on a wide shelf or table and lean it again a wall or even on an artists easle.

I have some things hanging by strings from the ceiling because thats wood and so it just screw in hooks you need.

Hope you work something out or that you are moving quite soon.

Another idea is make a long skinny piece that would rest nicely ontop of the mantel piece....just like a plank with frames attached to it going from left to right and not upwards lol. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FoxyMama

So many fabrics, so little time . . .

FoxyMama loves her FoxyBaby!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2010 08:05:52 AM »

Shocked  WOW!!!  I love everything about this - the idea, the execution, the display - just everything!!!  It looks just amazing with all the colors and patterns.  Now I really want to try the same thing with the boxes of miscellaneous little "stuff" that I have lying around but can't bear to throw away.  What a great idea!

~Martha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In creating, the only hard thing's to begin; A grass-blade's no easier to make than an oak.
James Russell Lowell
jodilee
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2010 09:50:02 AM »

Shocked  WOW!!!  I love everything about this - the idea, the execution, the display - just everything!!!  It looks just amazing with all the colors and patterns.  Now I really want to try the same thing with the boxes of miscellaneous little "stuff" that I have lying around but can't bear to throw away.  What a great idea!

~Martha

Thanks FoxyMama remember to post some pics if you make something I'd love to see them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chocolate_Jo

Can I have some fishy crackers?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2010 07:17:54 PM »

This is SO UTTERLY AWESOME!
I want to try this!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jodilee
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2010 02:11:14 PM »

This is SO UTTERLY AWESOME!
I want to try this!!

Please do I'd love to see the results  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2010 10:22:28 PM »

This is so amazing. As a collector of "useless" stuff myself, I am storing this idea away!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
leslieyam
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2010 10:28:09 AM »

I totally want to do this now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My TTC blog with cartoons:
http://hanginthereforbaby.blogspot.com/
*Updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday!
jodilee
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2010 08:18:58 AM »

lol  Grin  have you started yet???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Allison Leotta Gives Her Top 5 Tips on How Women Can Stay Safe
Starglass by Phoebe North
Nano Surveillance by Mark Donovan
Impact of War on Children Photographic Documentation
Sex, Warfare, and Violence in the Merlin Prophesy Trilogy and the King Arthur Trilogy
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...