A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,467
Currently Running With Scissors:
483 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My placemat purse  (Read 2137 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ShannonMB

I aim to misbehave!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010 09:52:18 AM »

Fantastic purse!!  I just recently made myself a purse from placemats, but I used the vinyl "animal skin" looking stuff.  I adore that purse, but sadly the vinyl didn't hold up to my undying love and one of the handles is trying to break free!!

You purse looks great!  Are you new to sewing or just a new sewing machine??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I run with scissors.....it makes me feel DANGEROUS!!
Crafty_Kat
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010 07:42:23 PM »

Fantastic purse!!  I just recently made myself a purse from placemats, but I used the vinyl "animal skin" looking stuff.  I adore that purse, but sadly the vinyl didn't hold up to my undying love and one of the handles is trying to break free!!

You purse looks great!  Are you new to sewing or just a new sewing machine??

Thanks, Shannon!

I am newly new to sewing...if that makes sense.

I was new to sewing for the first time 3 years ago...I made a raincoat for my dog (out of a vinyl tablecloth), and a few doll bodies, and that was it. 
That machine died so I bought a new one...one that can be serviced here in town if it breaks down.  I can't believe what a difference a sewing machine can make.  I absolutely love my new machine...I keep telling people that if it was a man, I'd marry it, lol.

I bought some of those vinyl look placemats too, thinking they'd make a cool purse and wallet set.  If I add interfacing, do you think they'd hold up?  They're really cool placemats.

Take care,
Kat
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ShannonMB

I aim to misbehave!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010 07:35:28 AM »

Look at you all crafty and recycle-y *L*!!  A dog coat out of a tablecloth is BRILLIANT.  Now, I will copy you!  I have a delicate little boston terrier who hates to be cold and wet.

The placemat started to come apart where I had actually stitched it....so maybe if you used interfacing and/or fabric it would help hold it together...maybe?  I haven't tried to fix mine yet.

A good sewing machine makes all the difference.  I've been sewing since I was about 6...and let's just say I'm a whole lot older than 6 now *L*.....and I adore my sewing machine.....HOWEVER, my grandma was a big sewer and she left me her Viking sewing machine and holy cow is that a niiiice machine....it does everything except the dishes.  Now I know why everyone says they want one.  I would in fact marry it if it was a man.  *L*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I run with scissors.....it makes me feel DANGEROUS!!
Crafty_Kat
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010 06:55:25 AM »

We'll have to start a new trend...marrying our sewing machines, lol.

Here's my Mac wearing his tablecloth rain coat.  Doesn't he look impressed, lol?

He loves clothes, but he didn't like the sound the fabric made when he walked.
I didn't line it, so maybe that's why. I'm making 3 more of these now, for all of my dogs, but I'm lining them this time, so I'll let you know how they turn out.

Hugs,
Kathy

PS:  by the date on the pic, I can see that I started sewing 4 years ago, not 3...but I only made a few things.  I've made more in one week on the new machine than I did in 4 years on the old.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
People Try Minecraft for the First Time
Shadow of Mordor Delayed on Xbox 360 and PS3
CGR Trailers - SKYLANDERS: TRAP TEAM Kaos Doom Challenge Video
US 3DS XL Smash Bundles Leaked by Walmart
The Sims 4 Gay Filter Fix Is on the Way
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...