A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,061
Currently Running With Scissors:
667 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hippy Swap Round 4 (SIGNUP 06/08/10 - 06/26/10; MAIL BY 07/31/10)  (Read 30666 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

margiej
« Reply #420 on: August 03, 2010 10:52:49 AM »

I like her attitude, "Honey just call them up in a couple of weeks and see if they got it."  Yeah, okay, that should work.....  Undecided

(I don't know how to exact quote, so I guess that should about work on what she said, right?)  Kiss Kiss Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #421 on: August 03, 2010 01:58:56 PM »

Well, my experiences in my local post office are always a great deal less friendly...today I went in, waved my parcel at the post office guy, said, " Hi, can I send this second class please, large letter, inland. And can you give me proof of postage too please?" (I'm at the post office alot!) He scowls at me, and says "Put it on the scales". I oblige. "Is it UK?" I sigh quietly. "Yes, inland please." 30 seconds later....  "Do you want to send it first or second class?" *Deep breath...count to ten...* "Second class please". He quotes the price (forgoing the usual obligatory demand to shove it through the sizing mail gap to check it's size - today it's clearly a large letter size and not a package), gives me the stamp sticker, takes my money and turns away. I wait for my proof of postage...he looks at me and raises his eyebrows...."could I have proof of postage please?"....He scowls at me "You should ask for that at the beginning, then I can print it...." "Um, I did ask for it at the beinning.." he stamps a card by hand and shoves it at me, "Write the address on it and make sure you ask for it first when you come in next time". "Well, actually I did ask for it.." He continues to mutter, scowling at me and pointedly looks at the next person in line....I sigh and move out of the way, trying to fill out my proof of postage details with the only pen that's working, which happens to have a 6 inch chain and is attached to the front of the desk that he's serving from. 
He could do with a big injection of hippy happiness. With a really big needle. And maybe a hearing aid. And some customer service training. Lots of it.
Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ayanared

Mommy, Wife, Crafter

« Reply #422 on: August 03, 2010 02:22:41 PM »

LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #423 on: August 03, 2010 04:47:00 PM »

You wonder if people get that way serving the public or they were like that all along? He needs some hippy happiness in his life!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
riffsrevenge
« Reply #424 on: August 03, 2010 07:16:50 PM »

omg not only did i send today but I received yesterday and I loooooovee my package.. however I am exhausted due to dealing with rather exhausting land lord issues and will post pictures tomorrow. however its worth the wait cause i've been using so much of my swap goodies already!! they were too good to wait in a box to have pictures taken.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Giddiup222
« Reply #425 on: August 03, 2010 08:44:43 PM »

I will be sending off in the morning! Finally I got my peice back that i have been working on since the day we got partners! I hope its all worth the wait Gypsysoul Smiley I'll see about overnighting it so you don't have to wait too much longer  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pops

this kittens' nose demands kisses...

« Reply #426 on: August 04, 2010 12:30:41 AM »

oh samsara! in our house someone like that is known as  a  Stropapotamus Cheesy

our local p.o. is about 5mins walk from our house and run by a lovely sikh family, but the bigger one in town is crammed in the back of WHSmith (newsagent) and always queues out the door and full of staff openly squabbling with each other and humfing at the customers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

« Reply #427 on: August 16, 2010 12:43:33 PM »

Hello everybody, we're just waiting for three swappers to receive their packages and then we're all done!! It's been a great swap so far, and there's been some amazing hippy gifts being exchanged  Wink
I'm going on holiday for two weeks tomorrow so I've given feedback to all those swappers who've sent their parcels and they've been received. There are just three of you who are waiting for your parcels to be received and I'll update your status in two weeks when I get home again, unless I manage to find a WiFi connection somewhere!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Shonen Jump Panel with Stan Lee and Hiroyuki Takei
Marsha Bemko Talks About Antiques Roadshow
Meet Author Kamal Saleem
Corinne Smith and Lisa Strick Talk About Learning Disabilities: A to Z
A. J. Jacobs Talks About Books
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...