A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,557
Currently Running With Scissors:
765 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Please tell me these images don't suck! (Pic Heavy)  (Read 6993 times)
Tags for this thread: image , craftster_best_of_2010  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

whitelilycreations
« on: June 05, 2010 11:51:08 AM »

I've been working really hard on a new style of images for glass tile pendants that I make.  Well I showed my two sisters (16 and 12) and they both said they are weird and only like one of them. Sad  So now before I go and get prints of these done, I'd like some opinions from the general public. 

Honest opinions are appreciated Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.whitelilycreati ons.etsy.com -Visit my etsy shop for custom banners, digital collage sheets, and other great graphics!

www.WhiteLilyJewelr y.etsy.com for my jewelry shop!
gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010 11:53:59 AM »

I have a bit of advice for you.  Don't take advice from your sisters!  I love every single one of your images.  Use them all!  I tried to pick a fav, but i honestly love them all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whitelilycreations
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010 11:56:40 AM »

Thanks gamemom That made my day! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.whitelilycreati ons.etsy.com -Visit my etsy shop for custom banners, digital collage sheets, and other great graphics!

blushingbluegrass

Bowl of Petunias: Oh no, not again.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010 12:01:05 PM »

Agreed! Your sisters may not have developed a mature taste yet... Wait a couple of years before asking their advice  Cheesy

I like all the Alice in Wonderland images especially..... Not a huge fan of flowers, but that has nothing to do with your images!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please.

wisting on a star....
sazzra

You have vampire in your cleavage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010 12:10:32 PM »

I'm the same - personally don't like the flowers, but love the rest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No longer swapping, so please ignore any expressions of interest in the Ideas thread

Heavens defend me from that Welsh fairy, lest he transform me to a piece of cheese!
Awesome McTastical
Pretty much amazing.

Live your life so the devil cries when you get up.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010 12:21:33 PM »

You know, I'm one of five kids - and four of us are girls. What I've learned is that the three younger than me like to tell me my music playing sucks, or is 'okay' or 'tolerable'. Or that my art projects are decent or fine. And through some simple snooping I discovered they'd written my lyrics on school binders, tried to replicate art I've painted and drawn. Which your siblings put you down its because they're wishing they could do something similar. And even if they're flukey and serious about disliking them, well, they're just two opinions. Craftster loves you and so do I! Your images are beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm an artist and crafter. I will privately (and happily!) swap anything I can ship in an envelope!
melissanorth
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010 01:00:20 PM »

They're all beautiful, especially the Alice in Wonderland and the green chandelier one. I love the poppy on the music notes as well. How did you make these? Photoshop? I can't wait to see your finished project :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whitelilycreations
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010 01:21:43 PM »

Thanks everyone! I knew posting here would make me feel better!  I made these images using GIMP which is like a free version of photoshop.  Most of the parts came from www.thegraphicsfair y.blogspot.com I love her!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spectrumsparksie
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010 03:15:55 PM »

They definitely don't suck.  They will have wide appeal.  I like the flowers the most, so based on earlier comments, it just goes to show, market research requires more than the opinion of 2 sibs.  Good luck with them, they are great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

erikau
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010 04:07:20 PM »

I think they're lovely.  There are only two that I don't much care for, and that's just a matter of personal taste (The rose/Eiffel tower and the 18th cent woman). 

Your designs are not overly cluttered, they are all of a style which lends itself to glass pendants.  They should be popular.  Ignore your sisters this time.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 15/28
How to Crochet a Sidesaddle Shell Stitch Part 6/6
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 13/28
How to Crochet a Sidesaddle Shell Stitch Part 2/6
How to Crochet a Sidesaddle Shell Stitch Part 3/6
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...