A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 304,765
Currently Running With Scissors:
749 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: my "roll your own needlecases"  (Read 28790 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

darumah
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2004 04:32:23 AM »

Thanks to SNB, Hobby Lobby, a 50 year old sewing machine, and a dad who can sew like no one's buisness (thanks to the Army),

Hooray for sewing dads!!!

BTW- Your case look awsome. *robyn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AnjanaSofia
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2004 03:36:54 AM »

Love the Ikea fabric! And I agree with everyone, the second row is super handy - mine has dpns, crochet hooks, even yarn needles and stitch markers! I can't get the pics to show up in the post, but you can see them by going to http://www.geocities.com/anjanasofia/knitting.html and clicking on "Needle Case." I love these needle roll things - I think I'd die without one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For a good time, call http://anjanasofia.blogspot.com/
elysium
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2004 01:24:08 PM »

If you make the pockets wider for circular needles, does it still roll up?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AnjanaSofia
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2004 01:38:28 PM »

I don't have any circs in my case, but I imagine that even if you just made the pockets regular sized, you could stick one needle in one pocket, then stick the other a few pockets down, with the cord curled up in the middle. I think it would still work, since the cord is flexible anyway.

And yay! I finally got the pics to show up in the post, for easy viewing(I think...). Hope this works:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

For a good time, call http://anjanasofia.blogspot.com/
redbirdrae

David, by Hasselhoff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2004 03:48:18 PM »

On mine, I made all the pockets on the deeper (red) pockets narrow, but on the lower (blue) pocket, I skipped every now and then by just folding the blue over when I wanted a bigger pocket. So some of the blue pockets are two or three times as wide as the red ones. That's where I keep circular needles and scissors, and my case rolls up fine. I suppose I could roll it a lot tighter if all the pockets were skinny, but I can't see why I would need to do that.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
flip-flops615
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2004 05:18:34 PM »

I love the polka dots! I made one out of denim. I made mine A LOT smaller because I only have about 3or 4 pairs of needles. I didn't use the cover flap thing. And there was some room underneath where some of my smaller needles were so I added a few pockets for stitch holder, yarn bobbins and stuff like that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elysium
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2004 11:22:53 PM »

That's so pretty and brilliant. Now I need to make another one and dump my old one on someone else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
inu
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2004 01:11:14 PM »

I love my case.  They take a long time, plus I really can't sew.  I made one for my needles, resized the pattern for my DPN's and made the one for my circs.

Bronwyn
http://btothepowerof2.blogspot.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pickledkitty
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2004 09:36:42 AM »

Hee hee .... I just thought of something... a few weeks ago I bought a Brush Tube thingy from Micheals
It comes with two brushes one flat tipped and one rounded tipe in brush sizes 1 to 10, and it came rolled
up in a canvas holder in a tube. I just realized that the holder is almost the exact thing as these cases and
also that if I sharpen the ends of the paint brushes and smooth them out a bit, I'll have a whole set of
knitting needles for free! Hee hee hee Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafty mama
ooh. snap crackle poop.

I'm a llama's mama!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2004 08:52:44 AM »

I made the needlecase following the pattern and it was HUGE. So then I made a second one using just the "fat quarters" that they sell at fabric stores and it's a much more manageable size. And it's super fast to make, not cutting and measuring, just folding and sewing. And ironing. I love it anmd since I had all this extra fabric just laying around (thanks Kyri!!), I'm mow making needlecases for like everyone I know. It's so easy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Under my mattress
I keep boxes of beautiful dreams
And late at night
When no ones in sight
They come out and whisper to me - J,LC
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Take Wedding Photos
How to Turn Art Concepts Into Projects
How to Strike Your Best Photo Pose
How to Take a Fashion Portrait
How to Take Great Fishing Photos
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...