A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,127
Currently Running With Scissors:
586 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Three different 2-pg baby scrapbook spreads (img heavy)  (Read 1926 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beekeebear
« on: June 03, 2010 09:57:21 AM »

I've recently finished the third of three baby-related scrapbook spreads. Once I completed the last bit of stamping on the last one and sat back to look at the three, I realized that all three of these babies were 21 inches at birth. How funny is that?

I printed the photos in sepia for all three in order to let the papers set the color-schemes. (Last names are blacked out for privacy where applicable.)

21-Inch Baby #1: The Nephew
This layout is "Elegant Context" (pgs. 16-17) in Cherish (Close to My Heart book).

Whole Spread

Close-Up of Page 1

Close-Up of Page 2

Close-Ups of Embellishments
One of my favorite parts of this spread is the little footprints stamped on the vellum tag. So cute! Eek!

21-Inch Baby #2: My Best Friend's Boy
When my best friend had her first baby, she waited until he was born to find out his gender. However, they had a gender-neutral name picked out that s/he would get either way. Brind'Amour, French for "sprig/bit of love," is also the last name of the captain-at-the-time of the Carolina Hurricanes. Adorable for a girl and rockin' for a boy, right? So I started this spread the day she went into the hospital to give birth, still not knowing whether he'd be a girl or a boy.

This layout is a modification of "Simple Contrast" (pgs. 28-29) in Cherish.

Whole Spread

Close-Up of Page 1

Close-Up of Page 2

21-Inch Baby #3: The Irish Twin
One day to the year after Brind'Amour was born, my best friend gave birth to Eulalia Frances. So that means big brother Brindy and little sister Eulie are Irish twins! And having two nephews, I was so excited to finally get to do a cute little girl layout! Hooray for pink!

This layout is "Leading Lady" (pgs. 16-17) in Imagine (Close to My Heart book).

Whole Spread

Close-Up of Page 1

Close-Up of Page 2

Thanks for looking!! Happy scrapping.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hlillie
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010 10:12:14 AM »

Great pages! When I looked at your pages. I first, noticed the pictures and then the beautiful layout and embellishments. Which is the way I like it! Also, I have a 12 year old boy who will still ask me to sit with him and look through his scrapbook. (Just something for you to look forward to.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beekeebear
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010 09:31:52 AM »

Thanks, hlillie! That's the best compliment a scrapper could receive  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
croonqueen
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010 10:22:52 PM »

I wish I had a friend that would scrapbook my kids pics.  My own scrapbooking skills are pretty pathetic.  Very well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beekeebear
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010 10:18:45 AM »

croonqueen -- the Close to My Heart books ("Cherish" and "Imagine") have totally changed my life as far as scrapbooking goes. I know I sound like an endorsement, but I'm not even a consultant or anything--just a really big fan! They give you blueprints to make each page, then recipes for how to cut up the paper to make each spread. So you can just worry about being creative with the papers and embellishments. Then as you get better you can modify their layouts as needed, or make up your own once you get the hang of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Reel Crafty Girl
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010 11:53:01 AM »

Absolutely beautiful layouts - love the sepia photos against the pastel color schemes - - very soft & elegant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to De-tangle and Cut Damaged Hair
Wedding Hairstyles - Updo
Wedding Hairstyles - Chignon
Hair Tips with Star Stylist Allan Avendano and Movie Star Joey King
How to Hide Thinning Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...