A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,502
Currently Running With Scissors:
584 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Steampunk Charm swap gallery  (Read 13230 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cindibee
Oh no, zombies!

Clumsy but cute

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2010 10:42:19 AM »

I've quickly proven myself a horridly unreliable person when it comes to posting photos..... I've just been extremely busy with work and tons of projects, including my swaps. So here I am, with apologies, bearing colorful gifts!

I had a philosophy when making my charms that I would use primarily found objects, limited to what would have been available in a steampunk world. These were not necessarily charms in the STYLE of steampunk so much as charms made IN THE WORLD of steampunk. Imagine these charms on display in a tiny little jewelry shop, viewed by the Victorian-esque upper class walking down the gritty cobblestone streets, petticoats and shawls covering small blasters or clockwork gadgets worn about the waist. Sorry, I've gone off on a tangent.....

Here are the six charms I made:

-Lady Lovecraft mentioned she liked bone, so I made her charm out of some washers, a black bead, and wire-wrapped weasel bones.
-aprilagain said she liked watch faces and time. I happened to have the perfect blue watch face and I combined it with a scrap of zipper, old chain, and a watch cog
-yardenxanthe gave these inspiration words: wings, gears, broken jewelry (among others). I made my charm out of a broken earring that had a wing and chains on it, a watch cog, a broken rhinestone pendant, and a nut.
-doxie247 requested mixed metals and purple. I used purple beads, a little metal tag with numbers on it, a gold watch face and a rusty metal gear, all wrapped together with wire.
-Krafty Karasu talked about gothic steampunk, keys, black lace. I used two safety pins (the kind without the end coil) a spring, some old chain, a scrap of ink-stained green lace, and a bead.
-Ralph was a little vague on what she wanted, so I let my right brain take over. I used a piece of metal that I found on the lot at my work, and laced a piece of velvet ribbon through the slots. Then I added some more old chain and a washer.

And now, for the charms I've received:

Doxie made an adorable charm with an owl! I squeed with delight.

Lady Lovecraft made this charm and I absolutely adore it! It looks like she bronzed some Cheerios, honestly, and I think that's actually one of the coolest parts.

Krafty Karasu made this one and I love it! It makes me think if I had two of them, then a lovely Steampunk lady will want to borrow them for a ball.

Front and back view of the charm made by aprilagain. I love this one so much!

A bad shot of yardenxanthe's wonderful charm. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how heavy and SOLID this thing is. Heavy things appeal to me. It reminds me of antiques that were built to last. Heavy wood, solid joints, metal screws and fixtures instead of plastic and glue.

Now I'm only waiting on Ralph's charm, and I'm sure that's on its way. It has to come all the way from Australia.

~~~~~~
I also did a side-swap with hgddm and received this wonderful steampunk ring. I LOVE IT!!!!

« Last Edit: June 27, 2010 03:53:51 PM by cindibee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like owls. I am forgetful and clumsy. Zombies are cool. My life is filled with awesomeness and yours should be too. ^.^
6 Ideas Before Breakfast - My Pinterest
mandy9351
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2010 04:31:31 PM »

Wow!

These are awesome. I didn't even need to read the steampunk title!

Mandy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lique
My Motto: If you can't find it, buy another one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2010 08:02:01 PM »

Squatting here. Smiley

Sorry, my computer crashed and we bought a new one so I am up and running again. I lost so many things, it's so depressing to lose kids pictures, emboirdery designs that I spent a lot of money on and so much more.  Cry

Anyway, here are the last 3 I received from habitat-lady

ceemonster

Emo Penguin Toast  drew an amazing picture. I love it. Thanks.

Here are the ones received from  hgddm and sweetyetevil.

I received these two great charms from loopylamb, although my bottle cap charm had an accident in the mail. Sad  

« Last Edit: July 01, 2010 07:47:38 PM by Lique » THIS ROCKS   Logged

FeedMeACat
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2010 09:21:19 PM »

OOo! Ooo!  This spot's mine! 

Wait, I'm not in the swap... oh.  Well, erm, carry on then.  ::shuffles off::
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweetyetevil
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2010 05:35:07 PM »

SYE's spot

Received from hgddm aka Linsey

What a cute idea making clay holders for the cogs, charms etc...My fav color was used too! I thought maybe the resin was damaged but when you look at the charm in the light it is actually embossed with a symbol! Very nice Linsey, thank you!

received from loopy lamb

a great bottle cap charms with a dangly bead. Very cute!

a golden colored charm with gears. I love this shape, I have a resin mold shaped like this. I think the charm is made out of clay but I am not positive on that! I dop love them both though and will more than like use them on a necklace!!
Received from lique

a really cute pendant filled with resin, watch bits, a wishbone and other items. The pic did not come thru very good with the resin reflection but it is very cool. I am going to wear this on a necklace!! 
made by habitat-lady

Love the heart she put on it with the lil watch pieces and of course my initial B. Perfect fit for me!!
Made by emopenguintoast

A old watch piece layered with a cog...Love the mix of metal colors! Reminds me of a pilot ship wheel
made by cece monster

My fav thing on this is the little blue crystal on the key. So cute and it just makes it pop! Again love the mix of diff metal colors.

Thanks for such a unique bunch of charms!! Sorry some of my pics are not that great...the sun is coming down here right now and I even tried taking them outside but that did not help!
Thay are all great pieces though and I cannot wait to show them off!!!!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010 05:21:23 PM by sweetyetevil » THIS ROCKS   Logged

habitat-lady
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2010 06:18:51 PM »

Well buggars - they are all my favorites.  Love them all!!

The Coopered Lushingtons

1. ceemonster - Sent 6/18, Rcvd
2. emopenguintoast - Sent 6/18, Rcvd
3. loopylamb - Sent 6/18
4. sweetyetevil - Sent 6/18, Rcvd!!
5. hgddm - Sent 6/18, Rcvd!!
6. Lique - Sent 6/18,

Received from hgddm today. Thank you, I love the color and the gears.

The bubble wrap stuck to the resin, but I think with another thin coat of resin, I can fix it.

From Sweetyetevil  A delightful charm with a wasp. So pretty! Please whisper where you got the watch face parts. Thank you.

And from Emo Penguin toast - This charm looks so dainty and delicate, yet made of metal.  How cool is that?  Thank you.

From Ceemonster, so awesome, it reminds me of a directional cartographic symbol for air travel.  And the card was a bonus gift.  Thank you.

From Loopylamb, these are so cute. Love the bottle caps.  And the love the extra charm.  Thank you.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2010 10:34:15 PM by habitat-lady » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'll fix dinner right after I _______ this!  You fill in the blank: sew, hammer, glue, tack, press, cut, etch, tie, paint, draw, color, iron, solder, grout, saw, cross stitch, bend, stain, wire, build, weave.

http://www.wists.com/habitat-lady
onecrazymom
different day, different craft!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2010 07:40:54 AM »

*Looks around, a little lost....didn't read the memo!!!*

Ok, I'll take this spot- last but not least!!!!

.Nibbed Mobsmen.:

ok- finally able to get these uploaded!  So sorry it took so long...I so loved getting these- they are all very different, and there is something wonderful about each one!  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them all!

1. the_trademarks- great bottlecap with gears in resin and a silver key! 

2. Pogo - watch face, w/gears, copper coil, and the back has a beautiful silver scroll type charm- wearable on both sides! 

3. Jillrbassett- bottlecap with 3 dangles- silver key, bottle of small beads, and watch face- love it! 

4. Lourapalmr- a key colored red (favorite color!), with gears set in a circle with resin- fabulous!   

5. aisy- cork wine stopper (creative!) with a brass charm and red crystal dangle- adorable! 

6. monty-  fabulous large watch hand with watch face on front, and two chains with red and blue beads on the ends- very victorian looking! 

7. onecrazymom (ME!)

« Last Edit: June 26, 2010 09:55:37 AM by onecrazymom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My ETSY shop! www.designsonawhim.etsy.com
My WISTS! http://www.wists.com/onecrazymom
My PINTEREST! http://pinterest.com/onecrazymom/

...even if the voices aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas....
Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2010 07:38:31 PM »

certainly not last!  Cheesy  that may end up being me!

I was trying to look for a picture of the gulls from Finding Nemo that said "Mine", but I couldn't find it.  Sad  I should have saved it when I saw it.  oh well.

MINE!  Cheesy

The Glocky Blue Bottles
1. aprilagain (received 6/18)
of all of the pictures I took of my charm, the group photo came out the best.  Roll Eyes  but you can still see it pretty well since the picture is kinda big.  front of charm with extras:

back:

I seriously love this charm!  I am a huge fan of Scrabble tile charms and pendants.  Grin
THANK YOU APRIL AGAIN!!!!!

2. Doxie24_7 (received 6/16)
*squeee!!!!!!*
I love this charm!  it's so cute!

I need that key charm!  like, hundreds of them!!  I have a thing for keys and the tiny one on this charm makes me all kinds of crazy giddy!!!
THANK YOU DOXIE24_7!!!!!

3. cindibee (received 6/23)
I received from cindibee today!  but there was a boo-boo.  Sad  I still have the key charm though.  Wink

the key one did come off of the backing, but it's still in one piece.  Smiley
and look at the little bag of goodies there!  beads, stickers, lace...fantastic.  Grin
THANK YOU CINDIBEE!!!

4. Lady Lovecraft (received 6/21)
more charms!  first one from Lady Lovecraft.  very cool, and no, the key isn't too gold for me.  Wink

5. yardenxanthe (received 6/21)
second one from yardenxanthe.

I love them both so much!!!  thank you so much girls!

6. Krafty_Karasu (yours truly)

7. Ralph (received 6/28)
my last charm.  Sad  but what a great way to end a totally awesome swap!!!  Grin

look at the beautiful charm and all the nifty little goodies!  I'm even going to keep the little envelope and note pictures because they are so cool.  Grin

Side Swapper
jennieingram (received 6/14)
got my items from jennieingram today!  Grin  I just love everything!

great yeah?  I think so.  Grin  I also got 2 little things of Now and Laters.  Grin

THANK YOU JENNIEINGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!

1. aprilagain (sent 6/18)
2. Doxie24_7 (sent 6/18)
3. cindibee (sent 6/18)
4. Lady Lovecraft (sent 6/18)
5. yardenxanthe (sent 6/18)
6. Ralph (sent 6/18)
7. jennieingram (sent 6/17)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010 12:27:39 PM by Krafty_Karasu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
Monty

Summer Nerd Games! So Excited

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2010 08:18:54 PM »

:.Nibbed Mobsmen.:
1. the_trademarks (sent 6/16)

2. received from Pogo
A sweet heart with tiny little dragonflies and gears. Awesome!

3. received from Jillrbassett
I have a shot of the front and back. I like the steampunk dragonfly inside. He's cool.

4. received from onecrazymom
It's like having an x-ray machine looking in at gears! Neat.

5. received from Lourapalmr
I like the nest look and someone has been collecting shiny items!

6. received from aisy
Awesome green bead and dragonfly charm. Dragonflies I love! Aside from ladybugs those are the only bugs that don't freak me out. Oh and butterflies. 

7. me! I did make something for myself but yet to finish it. Only one side is painted.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2010 10:17:18 AM by Monty » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2010 10:03:44 PM »

I love the clay pieces and the eye (suereal) I'm getting really excited. (We're still suppose to post comments, thoughts, etc. on this forum correct? Or does that get things confused a bit?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Spraying and Curling the Hair - Jessica Simpson
Diagonal Sectioning the Hair - Jessica Simpson
Sectioning the Hair - Jessica Simpson
Get Jessica Simpson Hair
How to Arrange a Harajuku Hair Style
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...