A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
595 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altered Puzzle  (Read 1955 times)
Tags for this thread: altered_puzzle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ghanne
« on: June 01, 2010 11:52:45 PM »

I was so inspired by all the wonderful altered puzzles I've seen on this board that I had to make one myself.  It was a great experience and I really enjoyed getting to experiment with techniques.  This is also my first post on this board so I wanted to say thank you to all the great artists on this board that have inspired me to keep trying new things.  Now on to the photos Cheesy
First up is the box to keep the puzzle in it's pretty simple I may jazz it up a little but I was losing steam at this point.

This is the puzzle all done, sadly the pieces warped so it doesn't fit together as well as it should which disappointed me but I'm just glad that it turned out as well as it did

I'm so pleased with how this turned out I'm using it as a prize on my blog.  Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010 01:19:49 AM »

It does look so great! Too bad it doesn't fit back together Sad
What exactly happened? I've always wanted to make an altered puzzle, but now i'm scared of it not piecing together again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crendon
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010 06:58:32 AM »

This is really pretty...I made an altered puzzle a while back & even though the pieces didn't fit together all that well, I glued them down to a canvas board. That seemed to work out well...they all settled into each other.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ghanne
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010 08:40:02 AM »

It does look so great! Too bad it doesn't fit back together Sad
What exactly happened? I've always wanted to make an altered puzzle, but now i'm scared of it not piecing together again!

I think the problem was I used a really cheap puzzle from the dollar store and I like to use acrylic gel medium as my "glue".  That plus all the handling while adding embellishments just caused a slight warping.  It's really not a huge deal but I'm a bit of a perfectionist so it irks me.  Totally go for it with the altered puzzle it was worth it even if it doesn't fit quite perfectly Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
robingal1
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010 01:13:59 PM »

Wonderfully done! 
My puzzle came out warped too, so I turned them into magnets.
Now, whenever I have guests over, they spend most of their time at my fridge in deep concentration.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tristan14831
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010 11:14:12 PM »

Mine didn't fit back perfectly either. i think part of my problem was the fact that at the time, I didn't have an x-acto knife, so there was left over paper on the edges of the pieces and that made it difficult to fit back together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I write about my life, home, and projects at www.upcycleddownriver.com if you're interested in checking them out!
yellowducke101
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010 03:09:40 PM »

Wow. That's great! You are very talented!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovelyxmalia
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010 02:52:54 PM »

I have to say...I kind of like it with the pieces not fitting together!  It gives it a sort of "warped" look...really original looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

She sees shooting stars...
              & comet's tail
She's got heaven in her eyes.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Felted Fabric Sandwich
How to Create a Memory Map Board
How to Sew a Purse Organizer
How to Make a Patchwork Blanket Design
How to Make Card Paper Flowers
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...