When I found out about this challenge, I ran out to savers and found the perfect game for my idea: a Disney edition of Trivial Pursuit. The box and board were pretty beat up and a couple pieces were missing, so I focused on using the cards.
I wasn't really inspired by anything specific, but I had seen and liked the dresses made of cards last round so I thought I'd give it a shot with a different game/method/style of dress.
The top is taken from McCall's 5232 cut off right under the bust so the dress would have an empire waist. The bottom is box pleated clear vinyl, with the cards sewn between two layers so that I can flip it up and read both sides. I had to sew around each card so they wouldn't shift - such a pain!
Alright, on to the pictures!
Close up of the front, including the matching necklace I made from one of the pieces:
back close up, sewing the zipper into the vinyl was quite an experience
full lining in white because it shows through the clear vinyl:
You can see what the cards look like here (plus a few of the hundreds of threads I ended up having to tie off):
And finally, a couple more action shots. I was trying to pose like Mickey here...
You can see here how the pleats open up so I can move. It's still pretty stiff though.
So that's it! I hope you like it! oh and, in case anyone was wondering (I know you were
) The capital of Djibouti is Djibouti.