A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,567
Currently Running With Scissors:
554 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: leaf t-shirt, now with rough pattern on page 1  (Read 4850 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern_included , sweater , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kitschy-kitchen
finishes last

knits with elves

View Profile WWW
« on: May 14, 2006 10:37:23 AM »

for pdf version,use this link: http://www.filelodge.com/files/room28/759789/updatedleaft.pdf, the link to download will be somewhere in the center of all those annoying ads. sorry!

4 balls of debbie bliss cathay and 9 days of knitting = my new t-shirt

edited to include rough pattern
i've never written a pattern before. i usually knit freehand and take a few notes. if this is confusing or you just have questions, i'll check back and answer them here. thanks, melissa
Raglan Leaf T-shirt

This is an easy top-down raglan t-shirt with a lace leaf panel that can easily be customized to fit many sizes.

Gauge: 5 stitches per inch in stockinette
Materials:
4 (5,6) balls Debbie Bliss Cathay (I used almost exactly 4 balls for a size 34 bust, so you might want that extra ball, just in case)
US size 6, 16 and 24 circular knitting needles
7 stitch markers, 4 of the same color for raglan increases, 3 in contrasting colors to mark leaf panel and beginning of rounds

Before you start, measure the circumference of your upper arm, add 1 inch to this number and write it down.
*when knitting , remember that you will be doing the yarn-over increases every other row. During increase rows, you will be knitting all stitches in the lace panel. On opposite, non-increase rows, you will be working in the lace pattern and knitting all other stitches, including the ones on either side of the raglan markers.

This pattern is for a snug fitting garment. Finished, unstretched, measurements will be smaller than you actual bust size.
Using longtail method, cast on 125 stitches.
Place contrasting marker and join for knitting in the round (this is the center of the back of your t-shirt and will mark the beginning of all future rows.
-knit one full round
Next round: knit 22, place marker, knit 19, place marker, knit 13, place contrasting marker, knit 17, place contrasting marker (those last 2 markers are the beginning and end of lace panel in center front),knit13,place marker,  knit 19, place marker, knit 22

Begin raglan increases. Knit 22, yo, slip marker, k1, yo, knit to next marker, yo, slip marker, k1, yo, knit the next 43 stitches, slipping the lace panel markers as you go (remember, you are only working lace pattern on opposite rows), yo, slip marker, k1, yo, knit to next marker, yo, slip marker, k1, yo, k22

You have just completed 1 round of increases.

-Next row, knit all stitches, slipping raglan markers as you go. When you get to contrasting marker, slip marker, work 1st row of lace pattern, slip marker, knit to end of round.
-Next row, knit all stitches to each raglan marker, yo, slip marker, k1, yo. Repeat this at each of the 4 raglan markers for 1 row. Knitting all stitches in lace panel.
-Next row, knit all stitches, slip all markers until lace panel, work 2nd row of lace pattern, knit all stitches, slip markers until end of round.
Continue increase rounds, then lace rounds, until the pieces between the raglan markers measure the same as the circumference of your upper arm, plus one inch.

-On a non-increase row, and once the arm-area measures the required length, knit to first marker,remove marker, cast off all stitches between 1st and 2nd marker, remove 2nd marker, knit to next marker, work lace panel, knit to next raglan marker, remove marker, cast off all stitches to next marker, remove marker, knit to end of round.
Next round, knit all stitches.
Next round knit all stitches until lace panel, work in pattern, knit the rest of the stitches to the end of row.
Repeat the last 2 rows until shirt measures desired length.
Knit 3 rows, bind off loosely. Shirt will roll on bottom, if you are not a fan of the roll, add a few rows of ribbing, seed or garter stitch.

Leaf pattern :

Row 1: p2, k3, (yo,k1) twice, ssk, k3, k2tog, k1,p2
Knit all stitches on every other row
Row 2: p2, (k3, yo) twice, k1, ssk, k1, k2tog, k1, p2
Row 3: p2, k3, yo, k5, yo,k1, sl1-k2tog-psso, k1, p2
Row 4: p2, k1, ssk, k3, k2tog, (k1,yo) twice, k3, p2
Row 5: p2, k1, ssk, k1, k2tog, k1, (yo,k3) twice, p2
Row 6: p2, k1, k3tog, k1, yo, k5, yo, k3, p2

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011 02:35:17 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

80schick
Don't mess with the librarian

I love purple

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006 10:41:43 AM »

That is sooo beautiful. And Debbie Bliss Cathay comes in purrrrple. I'd really love one. Oh it's gorgeous. Wicked. I'm thinking about my summer wardrobe at the moment, and this could be near the top of my list!! Thanks for sharing.

Phyl
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rilana

Punk Rock Knitter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006 10:44:07 AM »

Oh, it's pretty. love the color and love the details down the front.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FluffyMonkey
i feel my fate in what i cannot fear

The creative mind plays with what it loves

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006 10:44:55 AM »

Really. Cool. Did you make that up yourself?

I may have to copy you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There are two kinds of strengths: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength to yield. There are two kinds of power: the power to strip another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked."
~Yaldah Tovah

On Ravelry! Look me up; there I'm baela.
PrincessJazz
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006 10:45:09 AM »

That's a beautiful shirt!  And I just read throgh your blog - you have a lot of neat stuff there! (and i like your elves.  they're cute Cheesy )

Jazz
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chihiro
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006 11:16:05 AM »

it's perfect!  i love the color and it looks like it fits like a dream.  enjoy it!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lulu Clyde

Making it in Brooklyn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006 02:40:35 PM »

That looks great. I was just thinking of starting something very similar.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeginnerKnitter
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006 04:01:33 PM »

That is beautiful. It looks great on you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knottyknitpicks
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006 05:59:12 PM »

that's a really pretty top!  great job.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evysmom
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2006 06:54:14 PM »

That is so pretty!  I'm not usually into knit tshirts, but there is something about that one.  It's beautiful.  Great job!  And I love the color.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kardashian Kids to Launch at Babies R Us
Hottest Kid Trends of the Season
Top 5 Fashionable Winter Looks for Kids
KIds Products and Innovation News
Four Fall Fashions For Kids
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...