A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,556
Currently Running With Scissors:
602 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: June 2010 Birthday Swap - LISTS ONLY - Join in all month long!  (Read 3384 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.

View Profile WWW
« on: June 01, 2010 10:14:19 AM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO. THERE WILL BE A QUIZ. REALLY.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED.

Questions? Please post here in the discussion/gallery.

Swap name: June 2010 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: barbolot
Sign-up date range:  June 1 June 30
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you make a claim

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap, however it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday Craftsters list that is posted, rather than only being able to pick from the last one posted like in the OWS.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon, etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of Store Bought Items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new.) However you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in swap's current month, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval. While you're waiting, be sure to post in the discussion thread:  
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=349287.0

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section. Please see "Tips to Creating a Good List" below

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread:  
Please be sure to post here so that you can be part of the discussion and receive. You will not be approved until you have posted in the discussion thread.

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, unless you are an FOC or a first time swapper, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. FOC"s may have 3 outstanding claims at a time. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail thank you card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both the organizer AND the chosen Craftster.  At that time, please request the address from the receiver for where to send it.  After that you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  If you do not send the appropriate pms you will receive poor communication feedback.

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. (It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM me by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

13. *New Rule* If you are flaked on in this swap you will receive an angel, but only in the amount of packages to which you also sent out. For instance, if you send out 2 packages, and are claimed for 3 packages but are flaked on once, you will not receive an angel because you already received 2 packages, which is equal to what you sent. If you send 1 package and are claimed for 1 package and you are flaked on, you will receive 1 angel.

Please make sure to put June Birthday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications. The most important thing to me is communication. Please PM me when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner.  

If you format your pm's like this, I'll love you forever.  
Format for PM's:

Proper label:
"June Bday Swap" and either "Sign-up," "Claim," "Sent," "Received," or "Question"

When sending sent and received pm's include the send-by date, listed in the second post of the main thread, your user name, their user name and the item. Just copy and past the info from the second post if you want!:

Send by June 14
MareMare to kittykill--handmade soap and lotion

Outstanding claims allowed:
FOC's: 3 at a time
First time swappers: 1 at a time
Everyone else: 2 at a time

Become an FOC~
http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

TIPS TO CREATING A GOOD LIST
It seems that every month there is someone whose list languishes for a while. I want everyone to get picked so here are some tips for a well-round list:
--Make sure your items are actually mediums and smalls. Quilts are not mediums. Large painted portraits are not mediums. Hand knit sweaters are not mediums This isnt to say that you cant have any large items on your list (some generous soul may have the time and the inclination to choose one of those!), but the majority of the list should be smaller items
--Listing A surprise plus a well filled out Craftster profile and a link to your wists (with a decent amount of items on it) is always helpful in getting chosen
--Make sure to post a variety of crafting techniques. If you list appliqud t-shirts in various themes, that more like one item for someone to choose, not ten. Having sewn, knit, crocheted, paper crafted, jewelry etc, various methods is going to make it easier for people to choose you.
--Check out other lists in past Bday swaps and the Ongoing Wishlist Swap for ideas for things you never knew you wanted!

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap-  June 2010 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 16 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting? If you do not know yet/it's the beginning of the swap you have 1 week after being approved to claim someone:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No
I have already posted in the discussion thread and will keep up with that thread via "replies to your posts (you will not be approved until you do: Yes/No
Quiz: What do you have to do if someone who is a non-bday swapper sends you a gift?
Quiz 2: How long do you have to sendout after making your claim?

If it is NOT your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- June 2010 Birthday Swap (Non-Bday Craftster)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address, including country and properly formatted for shipping:
Chosen craftster and item (if you know):
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap.  Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates
:

Previous rounds of the Birthday swap
:
May 2010 Birthday Lists
May 2010 Birthday Gallery/Discussion
April 2010 Birthday Gallery/Discussion
March 2010 Gallery/Discussion
March 2010 Birthday Lists
February 2010 Gallery/Discussion
February 2010 Birthday Lists
January 2010 Gallery/Discussion
January 2010 Birthday Lists
December 2009 Gallery/Discussion
December 2009 Birthday Lists

« Last Edit: August 02, 2010 07:40:36 AM by barbolot » THIS ROCKS   Logged

barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010 12:57:50 PM »

Birthday Swappers
(claims made/claims in transit/claims received)

nostephot  FOC  (0/0/2) 0 Gifts Coming, 4 Gifts Received
samigurumi  FOC  (0/0/2) 0 Gifts Coming, 1 Gift Received
Dancer4Ever  (1/0/1) 0 Gifts Coming, 2 Gifts Received
Spoopy  Welcome swap newbie!  Smiley (0/0/1) 0 Gifts Coming, 2 Gifts Received
dharma_rebel  FOC  (0/0/2)   0 Gifts Coming, 2 Gifts Received
Feast Your Eyes  FOC  (0/0/1)  0 Gifts Coming, 1 Gift Received
doyouloveanapple  FOC  (0/0/2)  0 Gifts Coming, 3 Gifts Received
blupaisan  FOC  (0/0/1) 0 Gifts Coming, 3 Gifts Received
kartiana  FOC  (0/0/2)  0 Gifts Coming, 3 Gifts Received
MICHELEIGH34  (0/0/2)  0 Gifts Coming, 1 Gift Received
RobbinZombie  (0/0/1)  1 Gift Coming, 1 Gift Received
trebleclef  (0/0/1) 0 Gifts Coming, 1 Gift Received

Non-Birthday Swappers

barbolot  FOC  (0/0/1) ---> Thank you card _______.
LolaandBean (0/0/1) ---> Thank you card received.
Ewulotta  FOC (0/0/1) ---> Thank you card received.
Strawberryh  FOC  (0/0/1) ---> Thank you card received.
heini  (0/0/1) ---> Thank you card received.

blue = sent
green = received
orange = late with communication
feedback given
contact organizer asap!

CLAIMS

Send by Mon, June 14:
Dancer4Ever to nostephot -- fabric buckets
samigurumi to nostephot -- amigurumi

Send by Tues, June 15:
nostephot to Dancer4Ever -- Embroidery Frame and cross stitch supplies/starter kit ---> face-to-face swap (6/18)
nostephot to Spoopy -- pin cushion and a carved stamp
Spoopy to dharma_rebel -- wisty surprise and some buttons
dharma_rebel to samigurumi -- guitar strap
doyouloveanapple to dharma_rebel -- tee shirt
LolaandBean to nostephot -- something Audrey Hepburn and a plushie

Send by Thursday, June 17:
Feast Your Eyes to blupaisan -- beaded peyote cuff bracelet

Send by Saturday, June 19:
bluepaisan to kartiana -- cow themed kitchen item
Ewulotta to Feast Your Eyes -- Sirius Black shirt

Send by Monday, June 21:
kartiana to Dancer4Ever -- jewelry
samigurumi to kartiana -- a wist package

Send by Saturday, June 26:
dharma_rebel to doyouloveanapple -- something sheepy for craft room
trebleclef to doyouloveanapple -- ??

Send by Monday, June 28:
RobbinZombie to doyouloveanapple -- dangly polymer clay squid to hang from car mirror

Send by Thursday, July 1:
MICHELEIGH34 to Spoopy -- some beginning sewing books
MICHELEIGH34 to blupaisan -- odd earrings and some fabric paper towels

Send by Sunday, July 4:
Strawberryh to RobbinZombie -- for 2 Pillows and then some stuff
Dancer4Ever to RobbinZombie -- a wisty surprise

Send by Monday, July 5:
trebleclef to nostephot -- cuff bracelet

Send by Tuesday, July 13:
heini to kartiana -- Finland themed surprise (Thank you card mailed 7/23)
doyouloveanapple to Trebleclef -- hair clip and some needle felting supplies

Send by Wednesday, July 14
kartiana to blupaisan -- odd earrings
barbolot to MICHELEIGH34 -- messenger bag
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010 10:44:10 AM by barbolot » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nostephot
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010 03:28:11 PM »

About me:

-I will be 37 on June 19 but I really feel much closer to 25!

-I live in Austin Texas now but I am from New Orleans and I miss everything about NOLA everyday!  I love all things New Orleans!!

-I have a wonderful dog named Koda.  He is a blue heeler and it is just he and I in the apartment.

-I work from home as a Medical Social worker.  I love my job and am totally spoiled to be working at home.  My wardrobe most days consists of comfy pants and a t-shirt.  (for some reason I dont wear that out and always have to change if I am going in public)

-My hobbies mainly center around crafting.  I have been on the board for over a year now and I am still learning and wanting to learn new crafts.  I spend a lot of time crafting and it has been one of the best things that I have done!  My other hobby is couponing!  I am pretty vigilant about it and have a binder I use to hold everything. I get stopped often in the stored with comments about my coupons.  I save a lot of money and have fun playing the game.

-My favorite colors are green (chartreuse), yellow, orange and combinations of these!  I do not usually wear these colors, I dress in basic blacks, whites, brown and the like.  I usually try and accessorize with color in my bag, bracelets and my glasses are kind of fun too!

-I am a HUGE Audrey Hepburn fan!  I love her style and all of her movies!   My fave movie is Breakfast at Tiffanys and it is going to be showing at an old theater here on my Birthday!!!! That is where I will be for the day!  I am going to be making a vintage styled dress for the occasion!  Anything with her image on it would be coveted!!!

-One of my other favorite icons is Elvis.  There are several stuffies that have seen that I love and I usually dress like him on Halloween.

-I enjoy going to Ren fests and I want to dress us.  I have needed to make a corset but it intimidates me.  Once I get to make that I will be able to dress appropriately.  

-I love sugar candy and my fave is lemon heads!  I always have candy on hand!

My list
Sewing/Fabric crafts

Cuff Bracelet- I have several on my wist and have found such great cuffs done with just pretty fabric and some embellishments and stitching and others made with felt.   http://www.etsy.com/listing/38020325/dark-green-hand-embroidered-cuff?ref=sr_gallery_26&ga_search_query=cuff+bracelet&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=90&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Iron Board Cover and Organizer. Here is an example of what I found and fell in love with  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=309935.msg3557801#msg3557801  I would like this in any colors

Coiled Fabric Baskets and bowls  I can always use these I have one on wist that is Big Bucket and is beautiful   http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=292234.0

Fabric buckets of any size. I have seen these in linen, cotton and burlap and love them all!  http://www.etsy.com/listing/47033667/upcycled-burlap-storage-bucket   http://www.etsy.com/listing/48024338/linen-storage-bucket-polka-dot-trim  But can never have too many of these if anyone else interested

Throw Pillows I took the ugly back cushions off my sofa and now I can never have too many square throw pillows for it!  I love all sorts!  Color and pattern do not matter..

Hat I have been looking at these sewn hats for a while and found some great patterns but none were free I  would love to own one of these for summer.  There are several on my wist but this is my fave. The fabric and colors and style are all great!  http://www.etsy.com/listing/46683622/linen-flip-brim-newsboy-hat-sewing

Plushies I found some cute ones.. my faves are elvis, palmistry.  

Corset. I am not sure if this is asking too much but I have been wanting one for a while and making one intimidates me.  I need this so that I can complete my Ren Fest Outfit.  The lady at Ren said I am a size 30

Bags. You can never have too many bags. Clutch purse, big bags, lots on my wist to get you an idea

Fabric covered Journal I am almost done with my swap notebook and I could use a new one and I would love one that has a creative cover of any kind really

A wall hanging would be fun, I need more creativity in my work/craft space!

Crochet/ Knitting/ Yarn/ Fiber

Amigurumi I have several on my wist and think they are wonderful and would love to have any   

Knitted/Crocheted bag . I have several on wist and this is my fave http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/trio-knit-bag.html and felted ones are very cute too http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=326003.msg3764441#msg3764441

Hand spun yarn or art yarn these are my recent faves  .. the green is most my style http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=348982.msg4068121#msg4068121

Other Crafts
Stenciled T-Shirt or ANYTHING!  I am a large if it is flowing  and XL if it is fitted.. I like flowy dresses that are knee length for summer and wear this a lot

Wreath yarn ball, felt balls, crafty or just plan fun and eclectic!

Peyote stitch bracelet, something bright and fun

Carved stamps

Handmade soaps

Supplies

I would like to learn resin and working with it

I am working on a yo-yo quilt and some yo-yos would be helpful!  I am using the yellow maker that makes 60mm yo-yos

I would like to learn and start making things with polymer clay

Buttons, zippers and notions

Scrabble tile pendant starter kit

Vintage square scarves that I can use to put this bedspread together, I am collecting as many as I can find  -  http://www.etsy.com/listing/11282106/vintage-scarf-bedspread

Vintage Sheet Fabric and squares heck I would be excited with any new fun fabric!!!!  Who wouldnt?

I AM OPEN TO SURPRISES!  I love my birthday but I tend to spend it on my own so I am excited to know I will be getting a present that I did not buy myself!!!!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010 01:02:30 PM by nostephot » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/nostephot/

My Old Wist http://www.wists.com/nostephot

I am open to personal swaps!  I would love to do one for Halloween!
Spoopy
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010 07:36:59 PM »

Hi, my birthday is on June 7th and Ill be 23 this year. I live in New Brunswick Canada and own two cats one Siamese (Amy) and one grey (with white belly and feet) American shorthair (Lyra). I just finished my degree in Forestry and am having a horrible time finding a job. My favorite colors are blue (from sapphire colors to robin egg blue and peacock), green (deep forest greens to lime) grey/silver, teal, brown and deep crimson/wine reds. I love Nintendo video games like Mario and Zelda and the show Supernatural. I also love to read fantasy novels.

I crochet and am starting to get into polymer clay and trying to learn o sew. The only thing Im not a fan of is jewelry. Im really excited since this is my first swap! Cheesy I figured my own birthday month swap would be a good debut. Thanks in advance for claiming me!

CRAFTS

MY NUMBER ONE WISH!! A sewn bag of some sort (look at my wists for design ideas).  Id love one in brighter greens (the color variations that have been popular the last year or so, kinda darker lime green) or light silver grey, Ive been looking everywhere for a purse that goes well with brown and dark purple ( my jacket colors) Im a really short person so I dont need a huge purse or it looks like Im carrying my house with me Tongue Around 13-15 inches wide and 8-10 inches high is good. I would prefer it to have a shoulder strap and for it to snap/button/Velcro closed. Having cherry blossom flowers somehow associated with it would also be a bonus.  Smiley

Other things I would like:

A sewn dragon, black, green, purple or blue (or a combo of those colors) preferably a non cartoony looking one.

A turtle! I collect ones made from different materials/styles. I have yarn ones so Id like a type I dont have for example a figure that is sewn/sculpted or beaded. Wallhangings, pottery and vases/glasswork are cool too.

Something tree related (since Im a forester) like a little figure thing to put on a shelf or something to hang on a wall. I like all trees and leaves are cool too. (I really love cherry trees and cherry blossoms though)

Some homemade soap. I like flowery scents like lilac, lily, orchid, cherry blossom ect.

Some crafted stationary cards so when I do other swaps I have nice cards to send to people! Any of the themes/animals mentioned above along with fish, birds or cats would be fine or just a design in my favorite colors.

Handmade stamps Thanks nostephot!

Mario themed coasters! Like in my wists. Legend of Zelda is even cooler.

A pincushion, I have a few in my wists but any of the themes/games/animals mentioned above or something funny like a cactus or a piece of pie are cool too. Im completely
open!
Thanks nostephot

A stenciled/painted  t-shirt/tank top of a tree, Im usually an adult medium or small depending on how fitted the shirt is. PM for size discussion. I love cherry trees/blossoms and other deciduous trees. A cherry tree/tree of life kinda design with many branches and/or leaves/flowers is perfect. Please not a white shirt though, I have many of those.

Cute felt or sewn plushies! Anything themes/animals mentioned or really anything super cute.  Grin

NEW! A tote bag. Can be yarn or fabric based, even stenciled. I need a bag for carrying my in progress crafts around.

Something from my wists! http://www.wists.com/Spoopy

Supplies

NEW!!!!! I would love a Bento lunch box and other bento supplies, we don't have japanese/chinese stores around here that sell bento supplies and I would love to make them instead of regular boring lunches.

Some carons simply soft yarn (you cant get this here anywhere!)
Any kind of cotton worsted/dk yarn (not bernat handycrafter or cotton thread)
thinner yarns (fingering/sock) of any type preferably in colors besides white/black/beige
Really love some Mohair type yarn
Larger colorful buttons (have tons of black/grey/beige ones need some colors!)
Fabric! Any type/pattern or color.
thread to start sewing with
Beginner sewing books
Fabric paint
Ribbon in my favorite colors
Perler beads

Extras
any gummy candy that isn't sour, chewy taffy things like saltwater taffy or caramel chews or any chocolate that doesn't have nuts, jams, waffer, rice crispies or cookie (caramel, peanut butter, nougat, peppermint are my favs). you can see I hate bits of things in my chocolate. Tongue

If any local candies or local favorites fall under the above list please include them! I love trying new gummy flavors and things!

some favs are
Fuzzy peaches
Peppermint patties
skittles

Herbal,green or white tea
Cat toys
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010 04:53:38 AM by Spoopy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010 08:16:36 PM »

Hello! My name is Rachel and Ill be 32 on June 10. Im lucky enough to work from home, which allows me to  spend my days with my 2 year old daughter. We love gardening, picnicking, bike rides, arts and crafts, cooking, yoga and fitness, reading, napping. Were pretty laid back and get to have a lot of fun together! I love nature trees, birds, owls, squirrels, deer, skunks. My favorite flower is a Chinese poppy both the flower and the pod. My favorite color is green I wear mostly green, brown, black, navy and dark grey. I love citrus scents grapefruit is my fave.  I love receiving Craftster made items for my kitchen. Its orange and turquoise. I love coffee  and sewing and listening to records.

Im allergic to cats, but thats not really a deal breaker unless your cat has been sleeping on the item youre making. I get terrible headaches from musky scents, patchouli, things like that.

Happy Birthday, June Babies! Thanks in advance to anyone who might pick me!

Crafts
Yoga socks
Sewing machine cover
Thread catcher
Armband for my zune PM me for measurements
Crochet market bag
Handcarved stamps especially forest animals, sewing machine, trees, mushrooms, record player, needle and thread, surprise me!
Some kind of cool outdoor (electric) lighting
HUGE WISH a lined picnic basket http://wists.com/dharma_rebel/2572945eefe9c8105b82a2fda78e5e8b?offset=60
Placemat/napkin/silverware rolls to go in said picnic basket
Functional ceramics coffee mugs, soup mugs, bowls -  lots of examples in wists
Bath/body with citrus scents (especially if its good for really dry skin)
Stenciled/screenprinted tee inspired by my wists/kaboodle
Art inspired by my wists/kaboodle
Knit/crochet slippers
HUGE WISH a hammock   
Lightweight pullover hoodie knit, crochet, jersey, stenciled, screenprinted, Im open. XL or I can PM you measurements
Mixed paper journal/blank book
A ring (would love for my middle finger size 9)
Any kind of awesome surprise from my  extensive wist or slowly becoming extensive kaboodle (see links in my siggy)

Supplies
Colored sharpies
Buttons
Embroidery thread
Anything for sewing pins, thread, seam ripper, measuring tape, Velcro, etc.

Extras
Cool office supplies (file folders, paperclips, pens/pencils, storage)
Coffee!
Fake tattoos
caramel

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dancer4Ever
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010 09:29:34 PM »

Just a little bit about me I guess. My birthday is June 29th and I'll be turning 22. I live in Austin, Texas and have since I was two weeks old. I graduated with a BA in Theatre with a focus on costume construction and technology and have had absolutely no luck in finding a job, but I'm still looking. I am the owner of a rescue cat (Tangie, Angie with a T) who I'm convinced is slightly nuts, but I guess most of our pets are.  Wink  My favorite colors are greens, blues, purples (jewel tones of all three are very favs) and earthy colors. I like other colors in small quantities. Other than crafting, I dance ballet mostly these days, I love my horror/fantasy/true crime books and movies. As much as I hate dealing with the phone, I have now started weekly 1+ hour long conversations with my birth mother who I just meet three weeks ago and this will be the first birthday I will be having with her and my little sister (who I haven't meet yet).  And as of this coming Saturday I will be the proud owner of a spinning wheel. And I don't have any allergies that would be important unless for some odd reason you feel the need to send me bug spray, so no bug spray. If any of this sounds weird, I don't suggest typing under the influence of pain killers, I'll double check this in the morning. And thank you in advance to anyone who claims me!

Crafts:
- Kanzashi hair clips/pins.
- Handmade journal- maybe one for keeping track of finances. The regular store bought ones just arent as pretty and dont make me want to use them.
- Handspun yarn
- (This is my big wish)Cleaves! http://www.wists.com/Dancer4Ever/37a085b7aab2adbc796f84e6252b9cbb?offset=0
- Handmade bath products (But no melt and pour soaps please. I have a ton)
- Resin jewelry
- Jewelry of any sort (wear lots of earrings and necklaces, not so much on bracelets as they tend to snag on fabric) Thank you kartiana!
- Fun wallet http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=335066.msg3875232#msg3875232 something like this but with more card pockets and a coin pocket that zips closed
- Swap Journal
- Thread catcher for my sewing machine   
- Tree of life pendant
- Some cloth pads almost like panty liners
- Crochet stitch markers
- A surprise from my wist: http://www.wists.com/dancer4Ever

Supplies:
- Jewelry making supplies- swarovski crystals, glass beads, focal beads and charms, please no plastic beads
- Some black cotton fabric maybe a yard or two
-Shirring elastic
- Spinning fiber/batts anything really
- Big, funky or fun buttons. Or a combination of all, I have so many buttons, but they are 99% neutral colored
- 2.5 inch fabric squares in different colors/patterns/what have you for quilting, because yes, I am crazy enough to tackle a queen size postage stamp like quilt for my little sister. It's going to be a birthday gift for her (early or late depending) when I get to go meet her!
- Resin How to kit- Ive always wanted to learn, but have no idea where to start and a kit would be lovely
- Lip balm kit
- Fine tipped Sharpies
- Bias tape maker (used is fine)
- Embroidery frame/larger hoop (used is fine) Thank you nostephot!
- Spinning books-ideas, how tos, etc cause Im getting a wheel soon! (used is more than welcome)
- Cross stitch kits/patterns that you don't need or want any more or unused cross stitch thread Thank you nostephot!
- Back issues of Spin Off magazine used is AOK by me
- Whimsies maybe in a cute little container

Extras:
- Any fun sweets, nothing too sour please or too hot
- Fun cookie cutters or ice molds
- Any handmade cookies or whatnots
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010 06:16:40 PM by Dancer4Ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bento Swap Round 4- Sent
MAF Round 6- Working on package 2
All Things Hayao Miyazaki Swap- watching movies and gathering ideas
June 2010 Birthday Swap- Crafting for a fellow June baby
Post Secret Swap- crafting away my secrets
samigurumi
The keeper of the Jam

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010 11:48:38 PM »

Hi i'm sammy and this year I turn a whole 29, thats almost bordering on the verge of having to be sensible....okay maybe not.  I live in England in the UK, I have no allergies which is just as well as I have 2 cats.  I have a husband and I work with mud all day for a living.

Being a gemini I have serious split personalities when it comes to my likes.  On one side im a goth/punk lolita type person, on the other side im hippie/folk and very much still a little kid at heart LOL  This makes my list quite ecclectic.

Theres only 3 things in this world I dont like.  Lavender, custard and wasps. So a lavender flavoured custard filled wasp would be my worst possible gift.  i'm pretty confident I wont be getting that in the post though

Things in bold are what I would love most of all.

**CRAFTS**

I would love:

PLUSHIES of any kind or variety, I have quite a soft spot (no pun intended) for made up monsters.

I'm a bit of an RPG nut so any craft revolving around the final fantasy series would make me your friend for life, other games I love include the monkey island series, Tales of symphonia, Fallout, grandia, and morrowwind.

I love all things japanese, I'd love a bento box, or anything along the insanely cute strange theme that most of japan seems to follow. (mameshiba bean dogs are my new obsession)  I love all things lolita, I border on sweet lolita and goth lolita depending on my mood hehehe.

I love rockabilly things so big bows on headbands would be great, skulls, cherries, and general punk rock themed jewelery would be greatly appreciated.  Although I dont have my ears pierced so earrings would have to be clip ons.

I love all colours (see thats the hippy part of me shinig through) Rainbow coloured crafts make me extremely happy. Im a very bright person (in terms of what I wear, not my intellegence) I would again love you forever if someone was to make me a cute kiddy happy design on a pair of trainers/baseball boots or a goth design (im a uk size 3,I believe thats a US size 35-36 I have teeny feet)

I collect Ball jointed dolls.  I have one thats 12cm tall (OD Vampire ji)  and one thats 43 cms tall (BB sprite) any clothing or accessories you could make for my dolls I would be eternally grateful. especially my 43cm sized doll  

I also have 2 pullip dolls (they're roughly barbie sized)  they could do with some fake food and random accessories if you happen to be handy with fimo or clay they need feeding up a bit (Same goes with my 2 BJD dolls)

Stickers?  Are you able to make stickers?  I need loads of crazy stickers of hyper looking things to stick on my pink guitar. I sing comedy folk/punk songs around britain and my guitar is a bit of a work in progress.  So i'm always on the lookout for new stickers for my guitar  and A new guitar strap thankyou dharma_rebel would be more than I would ever dare hope for as while alot of care and work has gone into my actual guitar my strap is still the shoddy rubbish original one i've always had.

I have quite a collection of oldskool cartoons from thundercats/uylesses 31/bagpuss/smurfs/fraggles/carebears/she-ra/jamie and the magic torch/the wurzels/fingerbobs/button moon.  Anything made with those characters would really bring a smile to my face. Also sesame street and peppa pig are pretty cool

SURPRISES.  At the end of the day I love getting mail that isnt bills.  I dont get non-bill mail very often so if someone made me something I'd be excited in its own right.  I now have a wist thingumy that everyone else seems to have so anything along the wist lines would be fantastic http://www.wists.com/samigurumi/

*****Supplies*****

Wool.  Im a crochetter first and foremost and a crochetter can never have too little amounts of wool.
Crochet hooks

Jewerlry making stuff (its next on my list of hobbies to start I have no jewerly making things so anything would be appreciated

Fabric the weirder/funkier the better

Cute happy Notepaper, So when I send swaps and stuff I have cute notepaper to write on

Thimble, I dont have one.

Buttons, big chunky and bright.

Extras:
Sweets
Chocolates
Little random toys
1/6th scale (barbie sized) accessories for my dolls
Anything japanese-y
cute happy kiddy things
bright shoelaces
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010 06:45:02 AM by samigurumi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Its only when the power of love, overcomes the love for power, will the world know peace.
My Wists
My facebook music fan page

I'm always up for a swap
Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010 08:33:09 PM »

Hi, I'm Medley, and I'll be 32 on June 12th. I currently live with mom because I lost my job a little over a year ago (well, the architecture profession dried up) and I'm working on what to do with myself from here on out. We live in a cool bungalow in Indiana with Mom's golden retriever/lab mix Buffy, her fluffy grey & white cat Kitter, and my 3 dogs, Lily, a redtick English coonhound, Westley, a black and tan 100 lb. mutt, and Blue, a female beagle. All of our pets are rescues. I spend my time doing websites, volunteering for animal rescue, crafting, and babysitting. I also enjoy reading, watching a few tv shows on Hulu, and a movie here and there.

Crafts:
any surprises from or inspired by my extensive wishlist: http://www.wists.com/Medley_b
feminine tank tops, size women's 2xl or 18/20, with straps wide enough to cover bra straps
Rose petal beads: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=284812.0
ironing board cover in some combination of black, white, red and/or apple green
thread catcher that hangs off the table in some combination of black, white, red and/or apple green
fabric boxes in some combination of black, white, red and/or apple green
altered, painted, stenciled, or bleached rock & roll t-shirts (prefer a more feminine fit, 2xl or 18/20)(would love Johnny Cash or Led Zeppelin especially)
Sirius Black shirt http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=240352.0
Thrifted size 18/20 average bootcut or flare jeans or capris painted with tattoo flash
soaps & lotions - Amber is my favorite, but I like patchouli, sandalwood, ylang ylang, chypre, jasmine, honeysuckle, hyacinth, lilac, nag champa or about any earthy or floral scents. Food scents make me hungry.
pajamas, stretch knit (size 2xl or 18/20)
Tiny boxes such as altered altoids tins
NEW! Christmas stockings for 4 dogs and 1 cat

Supplies:
rings for chain maille, especially saw-cut, any sizes, materials, or colors!
Alexander Henry Fabrics especially with tattoo or skull designs
bias tape, store bought or home made
black lace, especially thinner widths, flat or gathered, stretchy or rigid
glass, crystal or natural stone beads and cabochons
pearls
altered clothing / t-shirt surgery type books or magazines, especially Altered Couture

The Princess Bride
Twilight & Sookie Stackhouse books
Pin-ups
old school tattoo flash (Ed Hardy, Sailor Jerry)
Rockabilly style
Dogs, especially with adoption or rescue themes
Exotic style, such as Middle-eastern, Indian & Japanese
Muppets
Rock & Roll
Chain Maille
Purple! Also greens, blues, pinks, black, brown, burgundy...
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010 10:18:19 AM by Feast Your Eyes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
blupaisan
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010 03:38:04 PM »

Hello, and happy june (which we all know to be a superior month, ahem...)
My name is Meg. My photo shows me with an eyepatch becuz I am organizing the currently-signing up (hint hint) One Tiny Pirate Thing Swap. Pirates are fine and dandy, but not as much as cats, which is my true obsession.  I am about to turn 47 and live with a sometimes-at-home 21 year old daughter and 12 kitties, hence the obsession. But wait! Only three of them are ours... the rest are registered with the local shelter as feral or semi feral beasts and apparently I am the only one in the area that can tame such wild creatures.  so, as my volunteer job, I rehabilitate them until they are fit for duty as they say, and can be adopted out.  verrrrrry hard to let them go, as I tend to fall in love with most of them.
My mom taught me how to draw and my dad taught me how to write, so this is how I am an artist.  and in my own right, i like to think up wild and wacky things on any plane. I make weird earrings and one day will try to sell them on Etsy. right now they are too odd for my local market. you can see a few of them in the Craftster challenge, cuz I made an earring holder for them out of a Scrabble board.
I am currently jobless and most depressed about it.  i have applied everywhere and I dont know what is so wrong with me that I cannot get hired!
the crafts i do are atcs and inchies, thanks specifically to Craftster, lampshades, especially nightlights, altho I just lost my source for cages, arg!!, wall art, sculpy stuff, hand dipped candles (how I put myself thru college) and some verrrrry basic sewing ( i really stumbled thru an apron swap, but i did it!!)
I do not own a tv, so I am totally ignorant about tv shows and commercials.  i think i am glad. I dont even have a vcr or anything, so I do the computer thing like Youtube for my entertainment, other than watching my bf's baby chicks make fools of themselves.
I can haz wist -     
http://www.wists.com/blupaisan
and some others items I would love to receive are
embroidered or friendship bracelet in turquoise and other superbright colors
coiled bowls
embroidered tea towels
anything that is superminiature
odd and i do mean odd earrings
any fabric that you would consider from the 60s
handkerchiefs, cuz i actually use them to blow my schnoz
terrycloths that i can use instead of paper towels.  i like bright yellow, as my kitchen is this color.
brown , esp. dark brown throw pillows, as we have no sofa and we just sit on pillows on the floor in our den.
thank you for reading.  do you not think that chipmunks are just too too adorable?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
doyouloveanapple
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010 06:31:40 PM »

Hello! Im Rose from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Im going to be 25 on June 10th. I am currently working on my master of public health degree at Simon Fraser University. I live with my one beautiful Siamese cat and my DH. I dont smoke, and the cat stays away from my crafting.

I have sort of conflicting tastes. I love things that are very natural in colour (eg. Beige, green, blue, brown) and form (eg. Leaves, birds, octopi). However, I also LOVE anything that is red or sparkly. My best friend says I have a Dorothy complex. Of course, I also love sequins. Im not really a fan of other bright colours, and especially not neon.

As far as themes go I enjoy:
- plants (especially green leaves and tree bark)
- Mexican folk art
- poppies
- cats
- things with a 40s- early 60s pop art feel (including pin up girls, astronauts etc)
- tastefully glittered things
- Danish modernism
- apples
- old anatomy diagrams and medical texts
- the colours leaf green, light pink and red, and polka dots.

Im not actually that picky, and I am usually happy with whatever I get, as long as its well made.

Allergies:

Me: I am very sensitive to smells, they give me a headache. Especially true for musky/incense smells. However I really like lavender scented things.

My Cat: I guess this isnt an allergy, but he is a wool sucker, which means he eats wool and other sorts of fibres that resemble wool. He also eats plants. I cannot have these sorts of things in my house for decoration. He also thinks that anything squishy (such as a stuffed bird for example or small cushion) is his to play with.

Wool is perfectly fine for wearables, however.

Crafts:

-A wist-y (or non wist) surprise! (I really like surprises!!!) My wist is also doyouloveanapple

-A nuno felted scarf or wrap (see wist)

-Pottery (especially mugs or small bowls)

-Crocheted toys for my cat made out of acrylic yarn (its a supervised toy)

-A painting or felt figure of a seal point Siamese cat

-Silver necklace or charm  (I like charms of random objects a lot ie. Fork, food etc., but anything not to large would be great)

-Silver rings- (I wear a 7.5)

-Something sheep-y for my craft room (small painting, little poly clay figure, Christmas style ornament) Thank you dharma_rebel!

-Quilted pot holders

-A lipstick holder (or decorated lipstick holder) to keep my lip gloss from getting on my purse. Its longer and thinner than a regular lipstick tube.

-Lavender scented candles

-Cloth feminine pads (small and dark colours)

-Embroidered tea towels or napkin set

-A dangly polymer clay squid to hang from my car mirror ( I saw one not too long ago on Craftster and loved it, but now I cant find the post) Thank you, RobbinZombie I found it... On my WIST.

-Magnets in themes I like (e.g. food.. I think food magnets are great) with strong enough backs to hold paper to the fridge

-Day of the dead ornaments or small shrine (especially ones with sequins)

Supplies

-Wool roving (little scraps of pre dyed wool are also nice)

-Savon de Marseille,  ( the best olive oil soap for felting) or any olive oil soap

-Any polymer clay

-Rotary cutter

-Acrylic paints (even the dollar store kinds)

-Glitter!

- Fat quarter fabric

-Any Martha Stewart craft supplies. They are so cute, and the green matches my craft room... that being said any craft supplies in Martha green would be great (e.g. fabric scraps bag, mouse pad, pin cushion etc.)

Extras:

- Any candy or other junk food  (especially anything that is regional for you. I LOVE tasting new candy!)

-Coffee (not flavoured or decaf)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010 12:30:59 PM by doyouloveanapple » THIS ROCKS   Logged

New items added to my Etsy!

doyouloveanapple.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Animal-Themed Towels for Kids
How to Silk Screen Your Own Designs
How to Make an Egg Cozy
How to Make Marbleized Paper
How to Make Terry Cloth Bath Mitts for Kids
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...