A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,682
Currently Running With Scissors:
722 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gluten free vegans? meal ideas?  (Read 902 times)
Tags for this thread: gluten_free  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MegPrice
« on: June 01, 2010 10:08:56 AM »

Does anyone have ideas/recipes for gluten free vegan meals that you make?

My husband has eczema on his hands and we are unsure of what the cause is. To try and figure it out, he has been eliminating possible trigger foods from his diet. He has eliminated wheat and gluten for the past couple months and his eczema has been improving, however it hasn't gone away completely.

We cook at home most nights and it is starting to feel like we are eating the same couple meals. I'm interested to see if any craftsters follow the same diet and what your favorite meals  are to make. Love to about hear about what your eating?

Thanks!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
pearlshaynea
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010 12:20:16 PM »

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/
this is an amazing site with recipes--i made her enchiladas yesterday and they're great!
i'm not a vegan, but i have a wheat and an egg allergy, am lactose intolerant, (among other things) and i don't really cook meat too much, so i look for vegan recipies (i'm mostly into baking, which doesn't require meat!).
the cookbook Babycakes is also great. i make the banana bread into muffins, then freeze them until i need them.
good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am an avid crafter, artist, Zumbist, reader, TV-aholic, pet-lover, photographer, digital scrapbooker, and much more!
Visit my blog! http://pearlshaynea.blogspot.com
I teach ZUMBA Gold! check out our blog for the class schedule: http://muevelodancefitness.blogspot.com
MegPrice
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010 07:50:54 AM »

Thanks pearlshaynea! That site looks like it has just what I am looking for. Beautiful photography too. I haven't yet checked out babycake's cookbook. We are close to the one in nyc and have become big fans of their cookie sandwiches! Those are amazing! (I think I will check out the cook book to see if that is it it Cheesy
Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
roymiller
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010 11:19:27 PM »

I can't deal with the better than cream cheese. It has an odd taste to me, but I really like the Earth Balance butter. We even use it on popcorn. I think it tastes good and similar to butter.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010 11:20:33 PM by roymiller » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mantis
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010 07:17:08 AM »

Maybe some Spaghetti Squash for when you and your husband are in the mood for pasta/spaghetti? You can flavour it however you want, so it won't get boring. I sometimes add stewed tomatoes with it, or a creamy spinach sauce... but I think it's palatable enough to just eat with some pepper and maybe a bit of vegan Parmesan or nutritional yeast. Then you can maybe steam some broccoli or beans or whatever with it and it makes a pretty fast and easy gluten free vegan meal. Smiley

Spaghetti Squash with Roasted Tomato Sauce and Kidney Beans

1/2 tsp pepper
4 cups grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 2tbsp olive oil
1 1tbsp red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
1 can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
3tbsp chopped fresh parsley

* In a glass baking dish, toss together tomatoes, garlic, oil, vinegar, hot pepper flakes and pepper.
* Roast in 400F oven for 30 minutes.
* Stir in beans and parsley; roast until heated through and tomatoes are shriveled, about 10 minutes.
* Spoon over squash.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010 07:18:59 AM by Mantis » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade Art & Oddities - SLINKYRA.COM
Art Prints - SOCIETY6.COM/SLINKYRA
schnerby
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010 09:22:01 PM »

I have a wheat intolerant friend, so we often just substitute rice flour in things.

Try your asian grocer - rice noodles can be amazing. You can use them in stirfrys/satays/noodle salads.

French onion soup can be made on rice flour (it only needs a few teaspoons) and is vegan if you substitute olive oil for butter as I do. Just make sure you add a little salt. Mmmmm

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Hugo Simpson - 49th Drawing
How to Draw Maggie Simpson - 28th Drawing
How to Draw Rainier Wolfcastle - 57th Drawing
How to Draw Bart Simpson - 3rd Drawing
How to Draw Homer Simpson - 1st Drawing
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...