A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
786 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tips and Tricks for Craft Rooms!  (Read 15137 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_room , inspiration  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Craftsunderground
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010 02:38:32 PM »

Hanging seems like a good idea; and I think I could mount a hanging bar on the wall, but how about dust and pests? That might still be a problem. Maybe I should invest in a bunch of those large zip lock bags and hang them up with the clip-on hangers.  Hmmm. Thanks for the suggestions; ideas are flowing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
SkyyAngel
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2010 03:26:59 PM »

The same thing you do when they're sweaters I would think. Wink

How about these for the dust? http://www.amazon.com/VINYL-ANTI-DUST-CLOTHING-SHOULDER-COVERS/dp/B000L1KN2I
THIS ROCKS   Logged
querencia
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2010 01:48:42 AM »

for bulky clothing for reconning or dismantling later for the fabric i tend to roll it then tie it with twine/ribbon/whatever is handy. for wool stuff i'll include a chunk of untreated cedar from a lumberyard in the center of the roll. sometimes you can pick up the scraps of it for free Smiley
i like the idea of using a shoe organizer but i think it would take up too much room for me Sad
once things are bundled tightly though alot of them will also fit into a bottle/wine rack..  or the preslotted cardboard boxes from liquor stores that you can cover with fabric/paper... on their side with the open top facing forward it makes nice easy to see storage but upright and you can stack them, yippie... those boxes also work pretty well for yarn....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Craftsunderground
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2010 12:23:09 PM »

Good ideas from everyone and thanks for spending your time thinking about my situation. Some of the smaller ones I can roll up. I like the cedar trick. I happen to have some cedar I saved from an old chest. For the bulky ones, I can make or buy the dust covers (why didn't I think of that). I have room above some bookcases for a wire hanging rack (takes advantage of unused space), which will give me great visibility. After all, out of sight, out of mind. I need to see my stuff to keep inspired. Thanks again, Craftsters, you always come through. I will post pics when I finish.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blushingbluegrass

Bowl of Petunias: Oh no, not again.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2010 05:32:31 PM »

I will post pics when I finish.

Can't wait to see your pics!!

On a personal note, I picked up these at IKEA

and could not be more stoked about them! They were super cheap ($5 for the basket and hanging rod) and are just over a foot long. I think they give an awesome functional, industrial feel. LOVE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please.

wisting on a star....
margiej
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2010 06:50:35 AM »

I amaze myself at how quickly I can go  from presentable to total chaos in my sewing room!  Right now it is getting quite a bit of use, so is a disaster.  But after I get the Christmas crafting done, I have to figure out some way to be neater in here!  I have those plastic drawer things on rollers, but don't think I organize them efficiently.  There are just so many odds and ends that are hard to categorize but bulky, like lace and packages of trims.  But when you NEED them, it is good to be able to go to just where you have them stored, know what I mean?  I love having a big stash!  But it sure is hard to keep straight!  Maybe we can have a clean-up challenge or whatever after the first of the year?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
SkyyAngel
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2010 11:20:03 AM »

Maybe we can have a clean-up challenge or whatever after the first of the year?

I'm in! I need a major overhaul/cleaning out. I've used some craft supplies that used to have a perfect spot for them that no longer need space... it's kind've become a vacuum that various bits and ends have fallen into. It's all very bleh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Craftsunderground
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2010 11:09:53 AM »

I love the idea of a January craft room cleanup. I am already planning some projects. And, I have a few tips to share as soon as I can get the photos taken. Too busy with Christmas crafting right now. I am looking forward to some cozy winter evenings crafting after the holidays.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imbettinonalice

Zydrate comes in a little glass vile...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2010 03:31:39 PM »

I am just jealous that you all even HAVE craft rooms not to mention the amazing ideas for keeping them organized.  I dream of one day having a space for me and my crafts to call our own.  Until then, everything is (sorta) neatly piled in the corner of my living room....

I'm definitely taking notes from here if that day ever comes Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ohmigoodness, Ohmigoodness!"- Man V. Food

"This is serious, Dean! The voice is telling me that I'm almost out of minutes!"- Castiel, 'Supernatural'
www.twloha.org
Hope85
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2011 06:44:37 PM »

Don't feel bad! I love my deep freeze to cut and iron on. In fact, you should see all the cut lines on the top from going off my rotary mat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Ghost Costume
How to Hem Pants
How to Make a Sock Puppet
How to Make a Nun Costume
How to Make a Thanksgiving Cornucopia
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...