A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,646
Currently Running With Scissors:
769 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Charleston?  (Read 10471 times)
Tags for this thread: charleston  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

quartney

the seam ripper is my friend.

View Profile WWW
« on: May 10, 2005 12:52:49 PM »

Just curious if there are any craftistas (or craftistos!) in the Charleston area.  I'm surprised at the lack of great craft stores in such an artsy area.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HHH
No, not the wrestler.

Happiness is a warm min pin...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005 01:30:45 PM »

Yeah no kidding! I'm in Charleston too and have to get most of my supplies when I go to Houston TX or Raleigh NC to visit family.

What kind of supplies are you looking for?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for a Miniater Pinscher? Try a rescue pup!
http://www.minpinrescue.org/

My Blog: http://everythingholley.blogspot.com/
quartney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005 09:06:39 AM »

I just hate having to drive to North Charleston to AC Moore's or Michael's.  Hmmm, I think there's a Hancock Fabrics in N. Ashley.  But I'm bummed that there isn't a Joann's around here.

I'm not looking for anything in particular, per se, but I have a bunch of ideas swimming about in my head, like sublime stitching, silkscreening, etc.  I like the cool art store on King St., but I feel like I can get all that stuff cheaper online.

I do like that there's an AC Moore coupon in the paper every Wednesday ... going now to grab it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HHH
No, not the wrestler.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005 10:43:07 AM »

Yeah I get a lot of stuff on-line too. Well at least the Hancocks, Michaels, and AC Moore is all right there together in the shopping centers next to each other and near Wal-Mart too for those other items.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quartney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005 10:50:21 AM »

I just need to figure out what time and what day when Ashley Phosphate is the least crowded, and go then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HHH
No, not the wrestler.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005 11:00:02 AM »

Good Luck! Twoish and 730ish seems the least crazy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jen lovely
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006 08:06:15 PM »

there is knit on wentworth downtown if anyone is looking for a good independent yarn shop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

____

jen.
mlwl
Wist Klepto

Wheeeee!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006 01:42:56 PM »

I just hate having to drive to North Charleston to AC Moore's or Michael's.  Hmmm, I think there's a Hancock Fabrics in N. Ashley.  But I'm bummed that there isn't a Joann's around here.
Seriously!  I'm not that happy with Hancock's selection, prices, help.... I, too, pick things up when I'm home.  I'm having the same problem with beading: I had a store very much like the Beaded Venus that I frequented in Ohio, and while BV has a pretty similar inventory, it's at least 1/3 more expensive.
I have had some luck with a little fabric store on Coleman Blvd, close to Patriot's Point, in a little strip mall.  It's mainly "home decorating" fabrics, but I've used quite a bit of their stuff for purses and a funky quilt I'm starting.  The best part: they have a $1 bin in the back for fabrics that they don't think they have enough to sell. It's all a buck, regardless of how much fabric there is or how much it cost initially.  Drat! I shouldn't tell you that!  Now I'll have less!  Wink  However, I couldn't tell you the name, but I can tell you it's in the same strip mall as the AAA office.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quartney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006 12:31:12 PM »

I have had some luck with a little fabric store on Coleman Blvd, close to Patriot's Point, in a little strip mall.  It's mainly "home decorating" fabrics, but I've used quite a bit of their stuff for purses and a funky quilt I'm starting.  The best part: they have a $1 bin in the back for fabrics that they don't think they have enough to sell. It's all a buck, regardless of how much fabric there is or how much it cost initially.  Drat! I shouldn't tell you that!  Now I'll have less!  Wink  However, I couldn't tell you the name, but I can tell you it's in the same strip mall as the AAA office.

oooh, thanks for the hot tip!  I know exactly where you're talking about ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quartney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006 01:44:00 PM »

I went there today (Decorator Fabrics?) and all they had were pieces for $4.50/yd.  Not a good deal Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 10 New Eye Makeup Products
College Graduate Seeks Professional Style
Burt’s Bees Encourages Catcalling with New Body Butter
Max Factor The Face Winner Behind the Scenes
How To Highlight and Contour Using Drugstore Products
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...