A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
695 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Charleston?  (Read 10439 times)
Tags for this thread: charleston  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SeeJaneSew
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2008 01:56:33 PM »

Anyone else going to the 2008 Charleston Fashion Show coming up later this month? I'm going to one night of Ready to Wear and one night of Emerging Local Designers. Laura Bennett from Project Runway is going to be there again this year - should be fun! Can't wait to go. Have no clue as to what to wear though - fretting already over that!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008 02:38:26 PM by SeeJaneSew » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do the best you can, then to hell with it!" Eunice Kennedy-Shriver
arrhythmia
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2008 03:55:46 PM »

How was this event, SeeJaneSew ?? I'm moving to this area soon and wondering if this is a fun event for next time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aeanderson
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2008 06:34:48 PM »

Hello. Smiley
My family and I moved here a few months ago from Florida. I'm military and just finished my first school a few weeks back so now I have oodles of free time to spend on crafting again. Just wanted to see how many other people there are in the area interested in the same things.
I've tried my hand at quilting, but haven't been able to actually complete a project yet. Crochet and making children's clothing seems to be the only things I can manage to finish. Probably because I can immediately play dress up with my daughter right afterwards.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
blissfactor
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2009 10:56:35 AM »

There is a great scrapbook store in Mt. Pleasant on Coleman Blvd.  The owner has a great paper selection-lots of stuff you can't get at the big box stores.  As far as fabrics...main Street in Summerville maybe a 1/2 mile from Target I think It's called sew and sew.  they have some great fabrics at pretty reasonable prices. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wenwengirl
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2009 07:01:58 PM »

Isn't there a place downtown called Beads on Cannon?  I saw a job posting on Craigslist when I was job hunting, but that was months ago.

Also for scrapbookers, Scrappin' at the Pink House - used to be on North Rhett, moved to Goose Creek about two months ago.  136 Redbank Road - www.scrappinatthepi nkhouse.com - they do midnight crops, monthly Bunco nights for scrapbook prizes, theme page contests, etc.  Fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mienna
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2009 02:37:53 PM »

I went into two Summerville stores today, I went into Keep 'Em In Stitches and The Village Knittery - both were nice! You can find all the stuff cheaper online, I"m sure, but it's so nice to have a store locally. I bought some goodies! And I can see going back to them quite often.

P.S. I wanted to mention that both places (and all the people working in them) were very nice to my Mom, who has trouble walking. They went out of their way to help her and make sure she had a good time. Thanks to everyone in these stores!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greenfaerie
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2009 09:33:37 PM »

Hey, another Charleston area craftster here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big collection of Kenmore presser feet to swap/trade/sell!!  Ruffler foot, etc.  Please PM for details!
Wist!
arrhythmia
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2009 12:00:47 PM »

I'm finally here and reopening my sewing studio...so I'm looking a fabric. So far mostly I've bought from the Walmart and Hancocks near the mall off Ashley Phospate area. Sorry, I forgot the mall name. I am so relieved to find walmarts with fabric !!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Quick Cheesecake From Scratch
How to Make a Brownie à La Mode
Vegan Chocolate Avocado Pudding Recipe
How to Make Pop Rocks Firecracker Cakes
How to Make Patriotic Cupcakes
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...