A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,558
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Diaper Stacker\Storage  (Read 6170 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: May 30, 2010 01:28:42 AM »

Being a new grandmother brings new things into my life constantly and it's wonderful.  My kids got us a used crib for the new GS so of course I've had to go craft for the new addition to the room to our family.  In order to have some place to put the new diapers, crib sheets, shoulder bibs, flannel blankets, etc I had to come up with something.  Then I remembered that I had one of these for my eldest.  It's been years since I've seen one so with help from the internet I kind of winged how to make one.  The only thing I would change\add is some type of tape\ribbon on the front seam going across at the top because the tension from the weight exposes the thread. This now hangs on the new crib.

Just after sewing them.

Close up of the design I copied from the bed bumper.  I cut out felt pieces and just glued them on.

I hope it looks right.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2010 01:34:57 AM by Jinjeet Phoenix » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Purpley Goodness

Increase The Peace!

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010 01:58:53 AM »

Looks great, I really like the colours you chose and the tree motif is lovely too  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jinjeet Phoenix

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010 02:04:56 AM »

Thank you so much Purpley Goodness.  I am aiming for neutral colors since this is at my home. (I can always wish for more grandchildren.)  Thought these colors would work best for both genders.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raennn
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010 11:00:02 PM »

Lovely! If you get a chance, I'd love to see some pictures of them in use. I think I know how it works, but I'm not sure. Or maybe I just need sleep lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is confusing, just when you think it's over it throws you a view like this and you don't know where you are.
- Evy in Driving Lessons
Jinjeet Phoenix

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010 12:52:32 AM »

I'd be glad to take pics of it in use.  Since I have zero storage space for his things I just put all of the sheets and flannel blankets and those smaller sheet things for protecting the sheets from the stuff that comes out of his mouth...forgot what they're called.)  The other one is full of about 3 dozen diapers. Don't know why I bought so many.  I barely used them but they were extremely helpful.
Right now I'm at the kids house taking care of the baby (he's asleep now) so when I get home this afternoon I hope to take some pics and post.

BTW all of the fabric came from my stash and the trees, grass and dragonfly are copied from the crib bumper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jinjeet Phoenix

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010 09:54:18 PM »

Lovely! If you get a chance, I'd love to see some pictures of them in use. I think I know how it works, but I'm not sure. Or maybe I just need sleep lol.

raennn, I apologize for not getting pictures up.  I'm having some issues with my ancient camera.  Hopefully kids to the rescue today.  So frustrating.  Thank you for your patience.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jinjeet Phoenix

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010 12:17:47 PM »

Sorry for the delay.

I hope you can see how it is fulled with diapers, sheets and so on.  I just hang them on the crib since it's convenient for us.
Please excuse the unstaged picture.  I really wanted to post the picture sooner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IdlersDesign

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010 12:25:42 PM »

Fabulous! I really could use something like that for our babyroom. Did you use a pattern?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
Jinjeet Phoenix

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010 01:08:27 PM »

I googled all over the place at first.  Looked at various pictures, got the general idea then went for it.  I did find a great tutorial that helped a lot.
http://www.trishscrafts.com/diaper_stacker.html
I don't have interfacing and didn't use ribbons or piping. I would suggest that you do use something to cover\reinforce the seam that connects the top part with the clothes hanger and the storage part.
It was fairly easy to put together after I figured out what I was doing.Hope you make one.  They are so convenient for storing close to the baby.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raennn
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010 02:29:59 PM »

Thanks for the pics! I see now, that does seem really useful. I may have to make some!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is confusing, just when you think it's over it throws you a view like this and you don't know where you are.
- Evy in Driving Lessons
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
CFDA Fashion Awards Winners And Red Carpet Style
Get Trendy In Sporty Chic Shorts
Finding the Perfect Summer Dress
Angelina Jolie Makes a Sexy Statement at Her First Post-Surgery Red Carpet
Pretty Savvy: Beachy Chic
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...