A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
552 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Diaper Stacker\Storage  (Read 5759 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010 02:48:43 PM »

No problem.  I'm glad to help if I can. I hope you do make one.  I don't know what people use today for those that use the disposable diapers.  Maybe just the bag they come in?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raennn
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2010 07:38:53 PM »

I have mine stacked on the shelf of his changing table. But I like the look of the bag, and could hang one on the side, freeing up more shelf space for other baby bits, which are taking over my bedroom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is confusing, just when you think it's over it throws you a view like this and you don't know where you are.
- Evy in Driving Lessons
Jinjeet Phoenix

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010 01:51:43 AM »

If you still have your baby in your bedroom this is really a great and pretty space saver.  Holds loads. Like I wrote.  I put fabric diapers in one (about 3 doz I think, Will hold more if they are disposable) In the other all of his bed sheets, flannel blankets, duvet cover (they are so cute.lol they are so small) wagon sheets and anything I could.lol  It looks nice and tidy and it's ready "to go" without hurting anyones feelings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melthegiftgirl
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010 03:37:45 AM »

I haven't seen a diaper stacker in a very long time. I forgot about them! Brings back memories of washing out my little brothers and sisters cloth diapers and folding them later to put back in the diaper stacker.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jinjeet Phoenix

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010 01:05:42 PM »

Actually, I hadn't seen one since I acquired one for my first child.  That is what gave me the idea that this was a perfect solution to zero storage.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aliasgracie
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010 01:56:36 PM »

OOooo Those are the colors I picked!  I just found out that we are expecting (of course I had the colors for the baby's room picked out already!!)  I tried the link that you provided and it is dead.  But thanks for the idea, it is a great one Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Common sense is the collection of prejudices
- Albert Einstein

50 things 6/50
Jinjeet Phoenix

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2010 09:24:09 PM »

First of all aliasgracie, congratulations. Best news in the world. You're right. I don't know where the site went. If you like, I'll look to see if I still have the instructions in my computer. I'm almost positive that I printed out instructions. It's really a pretty easy and fast project and I'm so happy with the results since it holds everything from diapers to blankets to bibs etc.
Just found another site that is just as good. She made an incredible tute.
http://sewdangcute.blogspot.com/2009/12/diaper-stacker-tutorial.html
Hope this helps. A very good idea that I didn't do is to put something reinforcing in the seam between the top (rounded) fabric and the body. I sewed the stacker with an overlock and there is a lot of stress on that seam from the weight. A nice rick rack would be nice (or lace etc.)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010 09:32:07 PM by Jinjeet Phoenix » THIS ROCKS   Logged
aliasgracie
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010 07:32:31 PM »

Thank you, thank you!!  So far I adore being pregnant!  I can't wait to make the this diaper holder... and my SIL and Cousin are having babies too.  We are all 3 months apart Smiley  I might have to make 3!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Common sense is the collection of prejudices
- Albert Einstein

50 things 6/50
CynthiaButterfly

Love is being stupid together

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010 06:57:31 AM »

I drew up a pattern and made one of these just from memory of the one my mom had when I had my first son.

The only problem I had was finding something to reinforce the bottom of it- I tried using cardboard but it ended up buckling in the middle from the pressure of all the weight, so the bottom was always sagging, and I was always adding in a new piece of cardboard.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.
Jinjeet Phoenix

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010 09:57:05 AM »

aliasgracie, I hope you continue to enjoy your pregnancy. I loved all three of mine. The only time I could eat.lol. I hope you post pics of the stackers you make.
CynthiaButterfly. I made a sort of mini pillow case thing to hold my carton and used 2 pieces of carton. Putting one one way and the other the other way. (If that makes sense.) Think: the stripes going one way and put the other carton in the other direction. I found that doing it that way gave the bottom more strength.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Scallops and Rice Recipe
Rock Fish in Cilantro Sauce Recipe
How to Make Chili Cinnamon Salmon with Mango Salsa Part 2/2
How to Make Smoked Salmon Hash Part 2/2
How to Make Smoked Salmon Hash Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...