A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,589
Currently Running With Scissors:
812 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Death by Yarn  (Read 3329 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tarzioo
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010 12:09:27 AM »

I am not sure where the humor you claim to find in death is displayed here. If you've ever witnessed someone shoot themselves in the head, I assure you that this is not "deep", "funky", "artsy" or "humorous".

i do not try and find humor in death but in the fact that an item made of yarn caused it. I apologize if it offends you but perhaps you can see the underlying point. The point is that people are the ones that cause harm and not the weapon. It takes something as harmless as yarn and makes it harmful because that was how it was molded. The point is not to glorify death but to examine the cause. Obviously someone that was shot in the head is gruesome and horrible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010 01:21:52 AM »

Please, MadelBlue, while I am not a fan of blood and gore as a genre myself, I can see how it works. She's playing with genre typical codes, and yes, the ambiguity of them being code and attempting for realism IS what it's all about. We can't really go into a deep discussion of horror art here, but of course there will be art about scary stuff.
And attempting a realistic horror scenario with yarn and I guess felt is awesome in itself, and yes, funny for the implied absurdity of it.. Maybe we craftsters are already so used to awesome projects that we don't recognize them easily, and of course we know that yarn is only as harmless as the one who uses it Grin
If you don't like the genre itself, and get the scary picture without the subtext, that is okay, but you can't say there is no other level to it only because you don't see it. That every viewer should decide for themselves.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ecuadoriana
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010 06:43:05 PM »

LOL!!!! Anything with the tag "This project includes mature content" always gets a double click from ME!!! 'cause I am so nasty like that I just have to see something naughty or at least not nice!   Cheesy

Yours is a triple click worthy!!!  Cheesy

I am "old school" horror flick genre- grew up watching Saturday afternoon Creature Double Feature back in the 60's (and you'd better believe I was sober enough to not only enjoy those days, but remember them, cause I was still under 10 years old! LOL!!! and I watched that stuff on our monster Zenith black and white TV!)

Alfred Hitchcock Presents? Couldn't get enough! Twilight Zone? Oh yeah, baby! One Step Beyond, Outer Limits, Dr. Shock, Hammer Horror, Creep Show, Tales from the Crypt,... give me more!!!  Tongue

and guess what? I turned out perfectly fine!!! (Bwwwwaaaahhhhhaaaah hhaaaa.... Tongue)

Anyway, I love this! It is like classic Hitchcock in Yarn!!!

Death is part of life (the end part and, oddly enough, also a beginning), and yeah, sometimes death is gruesome, cruel, and macabre. But it's real, it's here, and it's not going anywhere soon. So, we may as well have fun with it where and when we can- while we can!!!

Good job, Tarizoo!  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010 08:54:42 PM »

This is freakin AWESOME!!!!!! I love it especially the pills and water spill. Gurl u r talented.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
AttieNichole

Welcoming Spring!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010 10:28:58 AM »

I love this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

attienichole.etsy.c om
ecozombie.etsy.com
pinterest.com/aimeetraveler
I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010 11:09:55 AM »

This really makes you think... guns don't kill people... people kill people.

Great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Featured Blogger: Olivia Lopez of Lustt For Life
Slip Into Spring With These Must-Have Leather Jackets
Kirsten Dunst Is the First to Wear Proenza Schouler Fall 2013
Street Chic: Smart and Casual Office Attire
4 Ways to Refresh Your Denim For Spring and Summer
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...