A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
707 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Handmade Rubber Stamp Swap 3 (SIGNUP 5/29/10 - 6/24/10 ; MAIL BY 7/21/10) CLOSED  (Read 22469 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bellazeus

Crochet pattern illiterate.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2010 11:03:39 PM »

Print out an image with a laser printer (found out the hard way that mine isnt!!) cut out image.. put face down on your rubber and lightly dab the back with a cotton ball dipped in nail polish remover (with acetone) ... then lift paper.... image will be on your carving medium!! great for letters as you then carve our whats on your stamp and then it stamps the right way!! great for a doofus like me!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seriously in awe of the craft stashes that are on this forum.
I bow down to your awesomeness.
Sarcastra
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2010 11:39:02 PM »

I'm sorry if it came out that way, I wasn't meaning to "put down" anyone's choice of medium! I just wanted to share my experience because I have had speedy-cut pieces dry out after some time and I hear it's common. But of course trying some different ones is a good idea.
It's okay.  We all have personal quirks with our mediums!

Yeah, me too - wasn't trying to be difficult, just wanted to mention how different each material is for each person and goal.  When I started researching materials, I really thought I'd figure out 'the best' from everyone's reviews and that didn't turn out right at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IdlersDesign

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2010 12:19:47 AM »

Print out an image with a laser printer (found out the hard way that mine isnt!!) cut out image.. put face down on your rubber and lightly dab the back with a cotton ball dipped in nail polish remover (with acetone) ... then lift paper.... image will be on your carving medium!! great for letters as you then carve our whats on your stamp and then it stamps the right way!! great for a doofus like me!! Smiley

Thanks, I'll have to try that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
astrangeone
The Paper Alchemist

Fueled by the scent of rubber shavings....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2010 06:51:46 PM »

If I finally get paid, I'm going to purchase the sampler pack from stampeaz.com  and a #1 staedtalder.  I've been carving too long with stuff that doesn't want to take my acetone transfers!

Acetone transfers, how does that work?
I used to transfer with mod podge, but then a very thin layer of paper had to stick on the stamp and sometimes while carving it was damaged and my image was gone. Now I simply use pencil for transferring the image.
Ah, pencil.  It's the best of both worlds, I guess.  I don't have the patience to do pencil at all!

How do you do mod podge transfers?  The paper thing sometimes happens with acetone transfers, but that's for images with a lot of "black" space - the raised areas.  The solution to that is to lighten your image - I've done some with basically line drawings of stuff.  (Also good is coloring books that you can find online - for a video game swap on here - I did one of Master Chief from Halo - it's a lot of detail, man!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I handcarve stamps, knit and have organic catnip.

Got shopping?:  http://www.shophandmade.com/Store/Madstamps

Personal Swapping...activate d!

Looking for:  ATCs, some dry non-sanded grout mix

Got a 3DS?  I can clear save data from your games!  (Including RE Mercs 3D.)
kayrun
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2010 12:40:03 PM »

Oh man!! I can't carve stamps at all, but love em soooo much!! We need to have a swap where we trade something else I can make for a stamp in return....

chiming in to say I totally agree!
I can't carve, only knit  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lindag35
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2010 01:42:16 PM »

I tried some erasers for the first time yesterday and they are just perfect. They carve easily and give a good clear print. (so much better than the carving block I had)
So I made my username and a simple Mario item:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/145391_05Jun10_IMG_2230.jpg
Just went to the dollar store to buy more erasers (25 cents!) so I can practice more this weekend, yay!  Cheesy

OMG!!! I love the stamps!! I love Mario stuff...and I love how your name came out too!! I really gotta research this and try it out sometime. (I did some in HS and it was sucky!!)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010 02:02:24 PM by Phizzychick - Reason: please don't quote photos, thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
JessySihk
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2010 08:45:25 PM »

I got my carving stuff last week in the mail, im doing ok so far on it =] Cant wait to get my partners!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The craft swapping community! =] Check it out!
http://whoopdwhoop.com/

You can get my jawbone necklaces in my shop!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CavePunker
http://www.wists.com/JessySihk
IdlersDesign

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2010 12:34:36 AM »

How do you do mod podge transfers? 

Sorry for answering so late...
You can just take you image and put a thin layer of mod podge on it. Glue it onto the rubber and let dry for some time. When it's dry you can carefully remove the paper by using some water (or saliva  Tongue) and rub it.
You should have a very lean image on your rubber now. Sometimes a very thin layer of paper stays on it, so be carefull when carving.

I made some more stamps this week and am so addicted to it. Can't wait till partner time  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
puzzler
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2010 05:27:32 AM »

Can't wait till partner time  Wink

Me either.  I wish June would hurry up already and move along.  I am ready to start carving.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JessySihk
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2010 03:40:13 PM »

I wish june would hurry along for many reasons =S
School starts beginning of July
I get my partner for this swap so i can carve.
A month down and several more to go before i move to Cali. and see my love again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The craft swapping community! =] Check it out!
http://whoopdwhoop.com/

You can get my jawbone necklaces in my shop!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CavePunker
http://www.wists.com/JessySihk
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Vampire Eyes With Makeup
Vampire Makeup Contouring
Vampire Makeup Foundation
How to Make a Personalized Christmas Stocking
How to Make a Milk Carton Bird Feeder
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...