A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,363
Currently Running With Scissors:
456 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Over 30 Fine Wine Geezer Swap Round 3 Gallery  (Read 36187 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2010 07:02:47 PM »

Hey guys! Sorry I am so late in posting the wonderful package that kaz814 sent to me.

I asked for and received the most awesome car organizer. She managed to pick a girly yet graphic pattern for the backing. Pink and black are my all time favorite colors. Check out the white detail on the ribbon, so cute. Oh, and check out the D-rings. Have to respect a fellow Craftster who is not afraid of the hardware. Smiley

Of course, she spoiled me greatly. Not only did she send the organizer, she sent a trash bag to go with it. She lined it with a plastic material so I could just wipe it out if, er, when it gets dirty.  Can you see it over on the right hand side with the blue paper still in it? Cheesy Even the boys wanted to claim this part. The size of the organizer is perfect, there are tons of little pockets across the top to hold my audio tapes, Zunes, and boxes of raisins. The large pocket on the bottom is a great size to hold two of my many atlases. Most of the time, I spend a ton on atlases just to have them destroyed. Not any more.

But the part that really and truly blew me away was that little statue in this last picture. I happen to know she spent way too much on it but she truly touched my heart by the sheer amount of tenacity she spent just looking for it. I have never seen a Buddha statuette like this. He helps me to focus as I meditate with the added feature of holding my incenses.

I really can not overstate just how wonderful Kaz814 is and how patient she has been while waiting on me to post.

Thank you for everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2010 07:16:53 PM »

She also told me that she had spent some time in New Zealand, and had had an encounter with a weta (like a giant brown cricket - google weta if you dare!)
I promised not to put a weta in her parcel, but I found some fabric with weta on it, and I couldn't resist making a pouch with secret weta lining.

Oh my gosh! Those wetas make my camel crickets look sweet and cuddly!*warning:not for the faint of heart* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhaphidophoridaecamel crickets

And I <3 the robots!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beeker
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2010 07:23:17 PM »

My package has been received, I can't wait to see pics posted  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
Christmas Stocking Swap - crafting Smiley
kaz814
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2010 07:53:29 PM »

Hey guys! Sorry I am so late in posting the wonderful package that kaz814 sent to me.

I asked for and received the most awesome car organizer. She managed to pick a girly yet graphic pattern for the backing. Pink and black are my all time favorite colors. Check out the white detail on the ribbon, so cute. Oh, and check out the D-rings. Have to respect a fellow Craftster who is not afraid of the hardware. Smiley

Of course, she spoiled me greatly. Not only did she send the organizer, she sent a trash bag to go with it. She lined it with a plastic material so I could just wipe it out if, er, when it gets dirty.  Can you see it over on the right hand side with the blue paper still in it? Cheesy Even the boys wanted to claim this part. The size of the organizer is perfect, there are tons of little pockets across the top to hold my audio tapes, Zunes, and boxes of raisins. The large pocket on the bottom is a great size to hold two of my many atlases. Most of the time, I spend a ton on atlases just to have them destroyed. Not any more.

But the part that really and truly blew me away was that little statue in this last picture. I happen to know she spent way too much on it but she truly touched my heart by the sheer amount of tenacity she spent just looking for it. I have never seen a Buddha statuette like this. He helps me to focus as I meditate with the added feature of holding my incenses.

I really can not overstate just how wonderful Kaz814 is and how patient she has been while waiting on me to post.

Thank you for everything.

I'm so glad you like everything, rlb!  Cheesy  WOOT!  You were awesome to craft for!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2010 08:22:42 PM »

I am hoping to send yours on Wednesday......... I am loving what I did for the boys!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yelutci

Gus, don't be a giant snapping turtle.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2010 09:53:35 AM »

Wow! I finally had time to sit down and go through this awesome gallery, so many amazing crafts! I'm in love with the felt alphabet & matching items (I homeschool my kiddos and may steal that idea for the youngest on-the-way), the bird's nest jewelry is so cool, the april showers embroidered pic is so sweet, the ceramic bird feeder is lovely, I think the seasonal tree hanging is beautiful, Lana's green & blue dress is so pretty and I love how the monster bag matches, the car tote and matching organizer are pretty and so practical (I totally need to make one for each of my kids) I adore the robot designs, and the matryoshka embroidery is just beautiful. You're all awesome crafters, and I love seeing the wide variety!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010 03:24:47 PM by yelutci » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've heard it both ways.

I'm looking to swap some knit &/or crocheted crafts for handmade CP/HP soap.
beeker
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2010 02:07:08 PM »

I am hoping to send yours on Wednesday......... I am loving what I did for the boys!!!

I am very excited!!!!  Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
Christmas Stocking Swap - crafting Smiley
Lunanne

Being organized interferes with my creativity.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2010 06:00:33 PM »

I received my package from theballandskein today! She totally spoiled me! Everything is just fantastic and totally me. Grin

Here it is all together:

First, two skeins of gorgeous handspun and hand dyed 100% apalca yarn. Isn't it just yummy!

Then a neck plush made of ribbon yarn. The color is just so fun!

And a pretty shrug made of hemp and sock yarn. I love the colors and it's so airy, it's perfect for summer.

And a fantastic wall hanging. The fabric is so pretty and the colors are perfect. There's a bird and cherry blossoms with buttons. It's totally my style. Here it is on my wall, and some close-ups of the three panels.

Thank you so, so much theballandskein! I love everything!  Kiss Smiley Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Warning: Wisting can be addictive...

...so does Pinterest-ing!
kaz814
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2010 06:11:49 PM »

Oooh, what a great package, Lunanne!  I don't know if I can pick a favorite part of it - it all rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2010 06:13:40 PM »

oooh...lovely goodies.  i dont do yarn crafts but that yarn is gorgeous!  i love the green scarf thingie ma jig and the wall hanging!  all the colors of everything she sent are just beautiful!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Open an Image in Photoshop CS3
How to Paint With the Brush Tool in Flash CS3
How to Position Text in Photoshop CS3
How to Print an Image in Photoshop CS3
How to Put an Image Inside of Text in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...