A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,057
Currently Running With Scissors:
786 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Doctor Who Swap - Round 2 Gallery  (Read 23742 times)
Tags for this thread: doctor_who , dr_who  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Whistley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Adventure is out there!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2010 04:33:53 PM »

I have left the first round of feedback. If your partner has posted pics then I left feedback for you.
Almost everyone has sent! Thank you for all of the PM's when sending and receiving, AND for posting pics when you receive. You guys have been great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
varifiresis
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2010 05:43:50 PM »

I received my box of awesomeness from idignerfherders today!

There was a  beautiful  River Song-esque journal, 3 pins, 2 gorgeous sheets of stickers, a T- shirt, a crocheted Weeping Angel, and a Ten Plushie!!!!!!

the T-shirt front

and back

The Doctor and the Angel really deserve close ups-

She did such an amazing job, I love everything so much I can't even pick a favorite! (Although my 10yr old son chose the Angel right away, and after an hour of unsuccessfully begging me to give it to him, he offered to buy it from me with his report card $!!!!!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whistley

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2010 05:50:34 PM »

What a awesome package! Shocked The weeping angel is fantastic!
idignerfherders - Did you use a pattern or did you make it up? (If you made it up did you write it down? If you wrote it down would you be willing to share? Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
Pixiefirefly
In and out of consiousness

Life can be so random

« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2010 06:11:08 PM »

Cool stuff so far!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RikaHeart

" If the world is made of light and darkness..."

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2010 06:27:34 PM »

I LOVE! the Crotchet of the Weeping Angel!!! I hope I can find a pattern of that for my Aunt to create one for me.

Oh! Since my Partner will post! She may have better ones. I sent her a CD of Paper Crafts and a few small Bookmarks, but the BIGGEST Projects because I had to redo the Suit TWICE it got frayed so bad after I was washing it that I had to restitch it.

Now. This was Hand-stitched, my VERY First Poppet ever....... Only used was my hands and fabric glue. Sadly, I forgot to make his glasses before I sent it off. This was the biggest Project ever.

The 10th Doctor:

The Doctor is Golfing!

I hope everyone likes him. hehe My Partner gunna need to make a Cyberman, K-9, and adipose for  the Doctor so he won't be so lonely xD. I could had made a box of a Tardis to put him in to ship, but I ran out of time. Oh well xD
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010 06:37:25 PM by RikaHeart » THIS ROCKS   Logged

RockDragon
Slayer of Dragons with Rocking Crafts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2010 08:32:37 PM »

Ahhh the crochet angel and the journal are both awesome!!  RikaHeart, I love the Dr's golf outfit Cheesy 

OKIES photos!!  I received my package from our fearless leader, Whistley, last night.  Seriously, I started bouncing around the house as I was opening it (my sister can vouch for this, I dragged her in to show stuff off:)).  I saw my box on the counter when I got home from work last night and kidnapped it and walked around the house hugging it until I had a chance to open it up.  Cheesy  (Mom saw it and said "Box from one of your crafty friends?"  Dr Who stuff "Uh-oh" XD)  And when I did open it, I saw....THIS!  :O!

EEEEEE I have a bag that's going to turn into an angel!!  The text is the "Don't Blink" instructions.  The back has a picture with the Dr on the computer, the graffiti-d wall, and Angel Bob (heee what looks like him anyway) with 'Don't Turn Around...'. 

Under that was the cutest packaging idea ever (in mini form, click to see larger Smiley)

"It's bigger on the inside" and

Geronimo!

The bag bigger-on-the-inside contained:

A snap wallet in pinstripe material with TARDIS-innard insides!  And a really cute appliqued TARDIS on the other side (Sorry I was way too excited to get detailed pictures... Cool).  It contains some GORGEOUS stitch markers with all 3 Doctors, the TARDIS, and an angel.  There's also a scrabble tile TARDIS pendant (which I plan to wear pretty much....forever!  It got broken in today Smiley).  The wallet and insides came with...

My own ship?!  What could this be??...

It looks quite promising so far, with lots of pictures and pockets!....(BTW the text is the text from the Family of Blood/Human Nature- he's like fire and ice and rage...).  Could it be....

A TARDIS sewing kit/book/envelope of AWESOME!  There's a picture of Nine on the underside of that left flap, which is a few pages of felt for needles/pins...lots and lots of pockets....the obligatory banana Cheesy for stabbing, and even MORE pockets!  I do love pockets.  Especially Time Lord ones.  And there's even scissors!!  The ribbon ties in just the right spot to hold them in Smiley 

And finally....from the Geronimo! bag...comes a hero for our time.....

ELEVEN IN TINY HUGGABLE FORM!!!!  Isn't he just the cutest?!  His hair is so perfect...his clothes even velcro down!!!  Here's a shot of him guarding my sewing machine Smiley

Smiley Smiley  I was starting to think he was going to be my doctor, and as soon as he emerged from that cake, it was decided.  So it was lovely to find him hiding in my box!  I sent a picture to my former roomie, who's also a fan, and she said "Cute!  When you get the real one, will you share?".  NO Wink

And the best best best part about all of this?  It came two days before I take my first quilting class (which starts in about 9.5 hours now), and it's full of crafty goodness for crafting!!  The snap wallet is already holding supplies, and the TARDIS sewing caddy is waiting to be put to good use.  It's just as though Whistley is psychic Smiley

THANK YOU WHISTLEY!!!  YOU ARE THE BEST!!!  REALLY, REALLY FANTASTIC!!!  And you're a totally epic organizer too Wink  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
PS Geronimo! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fontiua
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2010 09:16:05 PM »

I love all of the plush's  that everyone did they are all amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creating something from nothing is the most theraputic thing in this world for my soul.
aneyhall
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2010 12:20:22 AM »

My package from Leafy_Lane was delivered at 7.30 this morning.  Can't wait for you to see what she made!  Will post pics ASAP.  Smiley   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wanderluster

give a hoot- don't pollute!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2010 07:09:57 PM »

So, I haven't been home at normal hours because of work this week & my parents stashed all my mail in a corner of the kitchen. Cue today when I'm finally home during human hours and I realize that my package has been here for a couple days!!

So I immediately ripped that bad boy open and Goodmorningshine- THANK YOU! It is an amazing and beautiful package that I love to pieces. I'm glad I'm sending late (Monday since I got off work too late to get the post office today) because now I can try to sneak some extra stuff in there to say thank you!

I have to go search for my camera now so I can show you all the great stuff I just got but I wanted to make sure you knew that I got it and LOVE IT ALL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...and what I have seen is beautiful."

http://themargaritaglassishalffull.blogspot.com
goodmorningstarshine
Your face, your race, the way that you talk, I kiss you, you're beautiful, I want you to walk

Addicted to craft stores...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2010 05:49:39 AM »

I'm so glad you liked it! I tried to make the things I included a bit more general; I know the necklace doesn't exactly look like the key to the tardis, but it was a stylized piece. It took for flippin' ever to crochet! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My brain hurt like a warehouse, it had no room to spare
I had to cram so many things to store everything in there
And all the fat-skinny people, and all the tall-short people
And all the nobody people, and all the somebody people
I never thought I'd need so many people
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jon Kolko on Career Advice For Young Designers
What Gets Easier and What Gets Harder
What It Means to Be a Strategist
Why a Psychologist Chooses Design Career
Design An Arts Education
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...