A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 304,865
Currently Running With Scissors:
629 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rosette bubble top  (Read 902 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alliebeth
« on: May 28, 2010 03:34:32 PM »

A project I've had sitting around for a month or so..still needs about half the rosettes sewed on (pinned on currently). Self-drafted upper bodice pattern with a simple gathered bubble-skirt-type bottom.

Rosettes made by cutting strips of jersey into varying thicknesses and lengths, sewing a gathering stitch up the middle, ruffling, and then spinning into a circular flower shape and sewing together.

The upper bodice portion was sewn like a "bag" with a total of 4 pieces (2 front, 2 back pieces), turned inside out and sewed up with a whipstitch and pressed so no raw edges or hems would be visible. Adds a nice thickness to the fabric and lets me wear it without a bra!

Interlock knit in cream for the bottom part and rosettes, jet set knit in teal used for the upper bodice. I messed up when cutting the waistband though and it stretches vertically instead of horizontally....so I'm going to have to lose a bit more weight before I can wear this comfortably, lol. Yay, incentives. Also, I have since tweaked my pattern to make the back a bit higher and the shoulder straps a bit thicker and plan on making a top using the modified version soonishly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
solsticecusp
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010 01:31:17 PM »

Wow this is so cute! I love the bubble hem - i still have to attempt a top with a bubble hem, and I really like the way you did this one.  Would love to see a detail of the rosettes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mimi007
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010 12:11:17 PM »

this is too cute!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Buys to Join the Fight Against Breast Cancer
Gwen Stefani Collabs For OPI Nail Collection
How to Find Your Perfect Shade of Foundation
Thirty Seconds to Your Best Brows Ever
Allure’s 2013 Best of Beauty Breakthrough Winners
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...