A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,575
Currently Running With Scissors:
657 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: $4.95 Swap AKA Fill a SMALL Flat Rate Box R2 Signups CLOSED Send 6/30  (Read 20940 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2010 08:36:19 AM »

pixieval is totally right, don't forget about using the flat rate envelope for flatter items like paper goods and larger cuts of fabric.  You can still send small items, but for safety in the post put them in a ziploc (buttons, beads, etc.) instead of loose in case the envelope gets a tear or something on the way.

I TOTALLY scored from craigslist again!!!  MASSIVE amount of fabric, bits n bobs, and I still have 2 garbage bags stuffed with stuff I haven't even sorted through.  I know there will definitely be items from this haul included for parts of my 2 boxes...definitely some of the patterns (I got a whole COPY PAPER BOX FULL!) and I got a TON of elastic so some of that will be shared as well.  Who knows what else I'm gonna find!  I spent over 3hr going through half of it with onegroovyday after I picked it up yesterday...she took some hella cute cow print fabrics and some other misc items.  OH!  I got a TON of safety eyes in green, so possibly some of those will get passed on as well.  I can't wait to get home from work today so I can sort through all the rest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2010 08:57:41 AM »

totally jealous of your score!  Smiley

i need to start perusing craigslist.  on thursday i might get to check out SCRAP, its portland reuse store.  tons of random stuff; lots of well scraps (metal, leather, fabric, paper, etc)... last time i went i got a large lunch bag full of leather scraps, a 1/2 yard of some shimmery fabric, a road map, some junk jewelry, and other small bits and bobs for 1.00.  love that store, its definitely a "you got to dig to find what you want/need" but you can find some goodies. 

i ordered my boxes and got some envelopes too just in case, they came yesterday.  thanks for the heads up on that one, thesapphiremoon.  much nicer than going to the post to get it.

can barely wait til partners so i can figure out what im stuffing into those small little boxes.  its like a challenge.  heh. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2010 09:05:32 AM »

I actually put up a WANTED ad asking for people's unused craft supplies...think 'relative passes away and what the hell am I gonna do with all this craft stuff?'  That is the target reading audience of my posting.  Put one up, can't hurt!  margiej gave me the idea and I have TOTALLY reaped MAJOR benefits with THREE donations from people around here Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2010 09:25:40 AM »

OH!  I am totally doing that right now!!!  holy cow!  great idea.  i mean the worst that can happen is no one replies...right?  well okay i can think of worse things but they are unlikely.  brilliant idea.  *scampers off to local craigslist page. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010 10:24:42 AM by rlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

margiej
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2010 10:19:08 AM »

Yay on the latest score!  I guess I need to do it again too, I got so much fabric last time I felt greedy!  I hope other craftsters will try this, and if you don't get a response the first time, wait a week and put it on again.  It works!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
flower
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2010 12:15:13 PM »

Sooo....I'm a giant dork.  I forgot to include the goodies I have to send in my original questionnaire.   Roll Eyes  So, I'm reposting my info.  Hope someone wants some of my loot.   Grin

Supplies you have to send:
Fiber for needle felting or spinning I just got some new fiber in the mail and Id love to share!  
If you would like to try needle felting, ID LOVE TO MAKE YOU A STARTER KIT!
Stamps
Chalk for scrapbooking
Rub-on words for scrapbooking
Fabric scraps
Beads
Sequins
Tapestry needles
Ribbon
Bulletin board letters

Supplies you would like to see in your package:
#1 request: wool fiber or other needle felting items!
Lovely, fun, or funky yarn for Rapunzel scarves
Glittery stuff
Fabric scraps
Miscellaneous crafty goodness I love surprises!
Stickers or other goodies for my three little boys (ages six, four, and seven months)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oops Creations
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2010 06:13:22 PM »

Just unearthed a MASSIVE amounts of ATC from Open Studios Walks featuring great local artists in Boston.  Perfect for adapting for your own ATC, framing, scrapbooking or card making.  Lots of more ephemera if any one is interested.  This is going to be one jammed packed flat rate box.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Finally on the Wist Bandwagon:  http://wists.com/OopsCreations

I have loads of good quality CIGAR BOXES available for trade.  Great for purses, shrines, jewelry boxes.  PM for Pics.

Fill a Box is Back
Avesthel

<3 birds <3

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2010 07:16:27 PM »

I think I want to join in on this one, but I need to go through my stuff and see what I have to part with and that will fit in the box too.   Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

panthermoon
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2010 07:39:19 PM »

things I have to send... paper, I'll be sending mostly smaller pieces that will fit in the box. I can send inchie or ATC backgrounds as well, paper ephemera- map pieces and other stuff, game pieces, unmounted clear or red rubber stamps -possibly even a small acrylic block if I can find it, misc. postage stamps, buttons, stickers, ribbon- some wired, jewelry findings & beads, playing cards or tarot cards (no complete sets), possibly feathers and leather-small pieces if I can find it, possibly some small wood ornaments, some scrapbook items... jingle bells, I think.... can anyone use colored staples? lots of other stuff... I'm sure I'll think of other things when I know what my partners want  Smiley

things I could use... I love handmade paper, but printed, tissue or other paper works too. I do a lot of altered journaling and ATCs when I can, so anything that works for that is good... stamped images or rubber stamps, ink, charms and beads, tarot cards, vintage stuff/papers, ribbon & fibers for my journals

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2010 08:35:20 AM »

It's fun to read all the stuff everyone has to offer! I thought I would chime in (there's more here than in my questionaire already!):

Stuff I have to send: yarn, ribbon, scrapbooking stuff (lots of this stuff, my SIL works at Creative Memories!) fabric, buttons, jewelry making supplies, beads, misc goods for altered art (ephemera, feathers, etc) some wool roving for felting

Stuff I'd like: fabric (even sraps are good) thread, paper ephemera, beads, jewelry stuff, soap or candy molds, scrapbooking stuff, zippers

I do not need any more yarn or ribbon (I have so much it's taking over!) Wink I can't wait for partners!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easy Ways to Play Up Your Shape
FIRST LOOK: Dolores Cortes - Miami Swim Spring/Summer 2015
Priceless Advice From Stylist Kate Young That Will Cost You Almost Nothing
Teen Vogue’s Online Fashion Editor’s Personal Style Tips
Things You Need to Get Rid of by 30
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...