A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,171
Currently Running With Scissors:
602 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: $4.95 Swap AKA Fill a SMALL Flat Rate Box R2 Signups CLOSED Send 6/30  (Read 20648 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2010 08:34:16 AM »

Do paper crafters like funky gift wrap and odd lots of ribbon, book pages w/ excellent drawings, etc.Huh
Help me figure out what I'm looking for while out trampin' the thrift shops!!! PLS!

I do, I do! I'm always looking for some funky stuff to use in paper crafting (except for ribbon right now, as I have oddles of it!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2010 08:52:36 AM »

Thank you to the responses to my ninny-ditz questions  Grin  I must love paper and other fibers...got enough of it around!!  I would love to see some examples of the journals and other things mentioned here for using the paper.  I do limited scrapbooking with my sisters and mom, my sis is a CM consultant and we have a scrap planned for later this month!!  I could totally see beeing more crafty with the paper and other findings.  Will be rolling up small samples of my paper goodies for a potential partner...if I get one w/that interest!! 

And about books, I am a book fiend...since moving, A Lot of them are on the scappn' pile to be sold or donated...I do have a good bunch of colorful story books with gnomes, fairy tales, Beatrix Potter(not sure if I'd cut that one up, etc...as well as art and gardening books to play with(heeheheehe) anyone like any of the above for various reasons???

I'm thinkin' a personal swap may be in order!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
malmow
« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2010 09:13:30 AM »

I did that, and then it started asking me where my package is going and how much it weighs? When I clicked on the Flat Rate things it said I had to order 10 boxes or something...I think I'll just brave the PO again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2010 12:45:28 PM »

malmow - Hmmm...don't know what that isn't working??  Sounds like you may have gotten to the postal store to order supplies?  I dunno.  You can just go to www.usps.com and click the SIGN IN link at the top right corner and then click the sign up option at the right.  I did it just now and it asks me to create a username and password, etc., but I'm already signed up so I don't know what it will ask me after that cuz I don't want to register with another name.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
YumJello01

Cats make for furry crafts

« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2010 09:49:34 PM »

This is a new kinda swap for me, but I'm really looking forward to it!

I feel like "crafts I do" should now be "crafts I don't do"...as in I've tried my hands a lot of stuff and have found that I'm just not very good at sewing and knitting and "artistic" painting and ATCs and that list could go on...
So what I DO do now is I just got into resin casting, and candle making (my BF enjoys this too) and the kind of painting that's "decorating" not art.   Undecided If you catch my drift.

I work at a hospitality purchasing firm, and we get A LOT of fabric samples.  Now, these are mostly upholstery weight, I have a lot of velvets, some linen and traviata drapery fabrics - originally I thought of patchworking some of these very shi-shi 4x4 to 12x12 samples but I pretty much suck at sewing.  If it weren't for the random repairs I'd probably sell my machine.  
I also have a bunch of buttons, safety pins (you can never have too many but I think I honestly do) NOTEBOOKS/JOURNALS (a bazillion) some wool yarn and knitting needles.  I am totally willing to send a larger box to send several yards of some black and white upholstery fabric and I think I have some...what we called "raccoon" (but it's faux) fur that wasn't flame treated so we couldn't use it in the hotel.

What I'd like is resin/candle making supples (molds, scents, dyes/pigments), jewelry findings, anything that would look cool cast into resin, things that can be "upcycled" (am I using that word right?) or reworked (plain picture frames, wooden boxes, etc) and if you wanna throw in some cat toys that'd be okay by Punim, Kamikaze, and Evil-lyn.   Grin

What I do not want (and I think this goes without saying if you read above) is fabric or yarn.  I quit - I can't sew and I can't knit.  Also no religious items please.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010 10:18:52 PM by YumJello01 - Reason: Added things I don't want » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for book page paper flowers for my sister's wedding!  Will do personal swaps/swaps for supplies (available listed here) Thanks!

http://pinterest.com/yumjello01/
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2010 05:07:32 AM »

yumjello...love the kitty names!! 

Does anyone use corrugated cardboard pieces to wrap candles and the raffia-like stuff to tie it with...or is that too-too....Huh what's the word?

Have raffia-like stuff at the old house...can get it!  still sorting boxes and craft stuff.
I take in my own recyclables and can spot some good clean cardboard stuff, too, sometimes...cause right around the corner from that stop is a fav. resale shop..hehehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vampedangel14

Easily craftstracted!

« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2010 05:23:01 AM »

Looking forward to stuffing that box as soon as we get partners ^.^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2010 06:03:24 AM »

I have raffia that I have never had a use for, I've never thought about trying to swap it away! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42

« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2010 06:42:11 AM »

I have raffia that I have never had a use for, I've never thought about trying to swap it away! lol

Me too.  That stuff just finds its way in the house and refuses to leave.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

YumJello01

Cats make for furry crafts

« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2010 06:56:40 AM »

yumjello...love the kitty names!! 

Thanks!

Does anyone else use raffia also as packaging material when shipping?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for book page paper flowers for my sister's wedding!  Will do personal swaps/swaps for supplies (available listed here) Thanks!

http://pinterest.com/yumjello01/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe InDesign CS2 - When Not to Turn on Allow Pages to Shuffle
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Saving a Document
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Using Preview Modes
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Placing Guides on Multiple Pages
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Customizing Guide Colors
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...