A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,596
Currently Running With Scissors:
785 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Le Sac Nouveau  (Read 2511 times)
Tags for this thread: reusable_grocery_bag , shopping_bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hat-and-bag-lady

Too lazy 2 work, too honest 2 steal, jst rt to sew

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2010 11:51:25 AM »

Hello.

Welcome to my latest completed project.

This is  Kwik Sew Pattern #3749; Bag B (on this envelope photo, it's the one on the top right)

It claims on the envelope that it's supposed to be 16"H X 18"W. I'm not certain what it's finished dimensions really are; but it looks a lot bigger than that ...  Cheesy

Here's the inside; It was supposed to have only one pocket inside, but I put two.

And, something else that I did, I sewed in the top centre a Magnetic Clasp. It holds the top shut if you're just carrying it about.

On its "maiden voyage", I used it for 2 bags of chips, a large can of Coffee, and a 2Kg box of dog treats

It carried them easily, with room to spare.
I was really impressed.

The fabric is a cotton/poly sheeting material and a poly broadcloth interior.

Comments are welcome, as always.

{Oh, FYI; the title's translation is: The New Bag  Grin)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010 12:54:35 PM by hat-and-bag-lady - Reason: additional info » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A.T. Morel
ravenztarot
YOU WANT WHAT? WHEN? YOUR JOKING!

I <3 my rotary cutters.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010 01:44:51 PM »

kewl Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The best stories start with "ok officer I am going to tell you what happened"

Personal Swaps. LOVE fabrics & Vintage sewing  patterns and sewing books, tea, sewing notions, books, music, tarot anything, dragons, vampires and weres.

wist list: http://www.wists.com/ravenztarot
hat-and-bag-lady

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010 03:51:46 PM »

Thank you, Ravenstarot.

I was surprised that this bag carried those items, not because I thought it would be too small to do so, but because of the type of material it's made out of.

I have trouble trusting non-Nylon material when it comes to shopping bags. There was one that I'd made and posted, but I ended up giving it to my "Fabric Lady" because I just never trusted it.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=311421.0 (It's the cotton/poly one, the brown one with maps on it; shown towards the end

She has trusted it for everything, including putting a bunch of cans, and bottles, and lots of other heavy stuff into it.I hadn't trusted it for much more than a couple large bags of chips.  There was no reason to NOT trust it, I had sewn it, and knew how strong the sewing and the fabric was; I just ... didn't trust it to carry heavy stuff.
 Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A.T. Morel
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010 04:59:31 AM »

What a pretty way to go shopping!
I'm also a fabric shopping bag fan - in fact, I'll be buying garbage bags (decomposable) from Earth Fare from now on so I can completely get away from store bags all together.  I just despise the things and wish they would be outlawed!

I also added a link to your Morel shopping bag to my site... I'm a list maker lol.  Great tutorial!!  I am going to make some over the summer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
hat-and-bag-lady

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010 01:06:52 PM »

Thank you, Yarn or Fabric;

I'm glad that you like the look of this bag. I now have an "addiction" to making shopping bags.

The most popular ones are the "Morel Grocery Bag"s. I had a thought for them! I was thinking, I could take the pieces that get cut out of the bottom (The 3" Squares!) and use them as the Bag-Rack Tabs. The 3" cutout on the fold could be cut in half, then they could be attached to the corners on the top. (Where the bag-rack tabs are already, but each one with a smaller sized one on the corner... Does that even make sense?)

Purchasing decomposable garbage bags sounds sensible. I, personally, do not use re-usable cloth bags for any eco-reason. I use re-usable bags because I have a bad allergy to plastic. It makes me welt up really badly. But, I still don't use Plastic Bags, whatever the reason. So, that makes me ... an Accidental Environmentalist, I guess.

Enjoy making the Morel Grocery Bags. They're very sturdy (They won't last 500 years, like Plastic, but that only means that you can make more  Grin )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A.T. Morel
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Misa Amane from Death Note
How to Draw Milla Jovovich from Resident Evil
How to Draw Flame Princess from Adventure Time
How to Draw Mr. Bean from the Animated Series
Merging HDR Photos in a New Way
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...