A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
395 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Pretty Puff Slouchy Hat" in Blue-Lavender  (Read 1292 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SilverRain
« on: May 27, 2010 11:37:24 PM »

It's been so long since I've last posted anything on Crafster! So here I am, thinking of posting this up. The first time I tried to knit, that didn't work out too well...but then I saw this really cute crochet hat by ArrghMatey, and that had me thinking I could try to crochet, and see how I like it.

This is my very first crocheted item, and I'm very happy with how it turned out! There are certainly mistakes here and there and I'm sure I could work on my tension a bit, but other than that, I love it! Crochet is actually really fun, and in my opinion, a lot easier than knitting. The pattern was very easy to follow once I got going,  so I recommend it to all beginner's like me, who want to take a stab at it. I'd also recommend keeping a strict count of how many stitches you've made, since that's probably why I had to redo serveral rows a few times.

Pretty Puffs Slouchy Hat Pattern

Thanks for looking everyone, comments are most welcome!

« Last Edit: May 27, 2010 11:45:18 PM by SilverRain » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bahookie
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010 06:56:20 AM »

YAY, good job on your first crochet thing, I love the colour too:)
That is my favourite smiley of all time, when I scrolled down and saw it in the second picture my face looked just like it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafty01_87

I make awesome stuff.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010 09:50:20 AM »

Congrats! A hat is definitely ambitious for a 1st ever crochet, good job!
I agree, crochet is far easier than knitting. I learned crochet first, and I think that is the reason I am having a hard time learning how to knit, haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is not being afraid to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." -Scott Adams
bluegrey

Tutorial Collecter ♡

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010 09:15:20 AM »

This looks great, and I like the color.  I've been wanting to try the pattern out myself, but I thought it would be sort of hard to make.  I'll have to try it when I buy some new yarn, and finish my other projects  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverRain
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010 07:37:28 PM »

YAY, good job on your first crochet thing, I love the colour too:)
That is my favourite smiley of all time, when I scrolled down and saw it in the second picture my face looked just like it

Thank you, I like the colour too, the yarn looks much more vibrant when crocheted!

Congrats! A hat is definitely ambitious for a 1st ever crochet, good job!
I agree, crochet is far easier than knitting. I learned crochet first, and I think that is the reason I am having a hard time learning how to knit, haha.

Thanks! The hat wasn't hard to make, so I'm very glad I choose it as a first project. I have yet to knit anything, but for now, I'll continue to improve my crochet Smiley

This looks great, and I like the color.  I've been wanting to try the pattern out myself, but I thought it would be sort of hard to make.  I'll have to try it when I buy some new yarn, and finish my other projects 

Thank you, I'm proud of how it turned out! The pattern was easy, once I got past how to start crochet in a circle. For me, just figuring that out was the hardest part
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veggiechef
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010 08:24:12 PM »

Your 1st project turned out GREAT!  I would not have been that brave for a first item.  I was stuck on rectangular items for years before I attempted a hat.  Nice work!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BE the change you wish to see in the world-Gandhi
jojobean76

The Creative Pretender

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010 07:18:22 AM »

That looks great! I tried my hand at knitting too but didn't have the patience for it. Crochet is definitely more fun, once you get the hang of it and understand the patterns.

I remember trying to make this hat when I first printed the pattern... thinking I could get away with the tiniest hook in the world!! In Malaysia, it was difficult to walk into a craft store and find larger size hooks, so I settled for the teeny one I had, and when I was halfway through, I realized then that this hat would look better on one of my sister's dolls cos it sure wouldn't fit me!! LOL!!

I FINALLY ordered a set of larger crochet hooks on Ebay and just got them in the mail today, yay!! Can't wait to start on the pattern again. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Embroider Constellations
How to Paint with Pudding and Marshmallows
Easy DIY Party Favor-Lollipop Koozies
How to Make Inexpensive Flower Arrangements
Basic Cable Knitting
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...