A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: please tell me im not the only Newfoundlander  (Read 6837 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LorettaYoungSkills

burn all the candles out make a wish but not aloud

View Profile WWW
« on: May 10, 2005 09:16:05 AM »

why is it so horribly hard to find a craft fair in Newfoundland? oh thats right, we're no fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sharkseason
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005 09:35:29 AM »

I'm from Newfoundland too! However, I'm currently living in Calgary.

As far as craft fairs go, I think they happen more often than you think. In St. John's, it's best to check with the Newfoundland Craft Council.

http://www.craftcouncil.nf.ca/about/craftfairs.asp

Other than that, in rural areas you'll have to probably look a little harder.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://judyandthedream.blogspot.com - a fibre and textiles weblog!
LorettaYoungSkills

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005 10:55:40 AM »

Thanks
Im in Gander and believe me theyre hard to come by. Unless i become a member of every church going or pay $100 a day for a table in the mall, im pretty much out of luck.

Im moving to St Johns in the fall though and im extreamly excited at the amount of crafty resources there.. cant wait to get started!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
burningoffandon
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005 07:31:04 PM »

I'm here too! Right now I'm home for the summer on the Burin Peninsula, but I'll be back in town for September. I haven't done any craft fairs or anything, but I know they have that Christmas at the Glacier thing every year... Worth looking into?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LorettaYoungSkills

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005 05:14:11 AM »

most definately. i cant wait to move into st johns in september.. somehow i cant justify spending $100 in gas money just to drive to a craft fair right now, LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Vood
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005 11:58:41 AM »

I live here too  Cheesy
Just a note, keep your eyes peeled for events at MUN. For example, the Women's Resource Centre puts off an International Women's Day Fair (March 8th) and invites female owned businesses, individuals and groups to come and set up for the day.
I sold stuff there last year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LorettaYoungSkills

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005 05:03:48 AM »

awesome, thanks for the info. Ill be going to the Anna Templeton Centre next year for textile studies so im hoping theyre going to know of bunch of events.. yay! who invented craft school? je t'aime! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bottle
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005 10:31:38 PM »

There are also some people who sell crafts in the Avalon Mall on Sundays... it is sort of a hodge-podge of things going on (flea market, etc.) and I am not sure how much the tables cost but I'm sure you could find out if you called the mall.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tart
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005 09:28:17 AM »

Hi all! I've browsed the craftser website many times and when I saw that there was a topic posted about crafting in Newfoundland, I had to sign up.  Currently I am living in St. John's, but I am from the South Coast originally.  I love to craft, sewing is my favorite.  I sold some things at the International Women's Day Fair at MUN last winter as well, and I've also hosted a table at the Avalon Mall Flea Market a few times.  There is a flea market held at the Village Mall every Sunday, too.  I haven't visited it yet but plan to do so soon and hopefully host a table there as well.   Well I just wanted to say 'hi' and let you know that there is one more Newfie Craftster in existence.  Do any of you sell your items in the St. John's area?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
butterfly192005
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005 07:15:30 PM »

Hi guys! I'm from Newfoundland, too. I'm living in St. john's now to go to school and I work in the Avalon mall. The flea markets on Sundays are ok but it seems like a lot of the same things are repeated.
I don't usually make many things-just some reconstructed clothes or purses. I juts go on this site for hours at a time, get a million ideas, and then never really finish everything. But I love this site though.....and I'm happy that I'm not the only newfie. Smiley

~Katrina~
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dia Reeves Talks About Bleeding Violet
Beth Kobliner Talks About Get a Financial Life
Toby Lester Reveals His Favorite History Book
But I Wanted a Baby Brother Book Trailer
Farai Chideya Talks About Kiss the Sky
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...