A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 301,569
Currently Running With Scissors:
635 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Cat Likes to Craft (kinda....)  (Read 5283 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TattooAnnie

Revolution begins with a book & an open mind!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2005 10:26:58 AM »

My cats ignore me until I'm involved in a project...when I make jewelry I sit with the bead board on my lap & they've been scolded enough to know they have to sit next to me. But I learned to knit recently and they consider any form of yarn their territory...My boy, MacKaye, will lay on my lap...and Exene, my girl will sit at my side...he goes for the needles & she takes care of the yarn ball...the perfect kitty strategy! When some one asks my what a project is made of, I tell them "90% wool (or whatever) and 10% cat hair."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"GIR...why is there bacon in the soap?"
"I made it MYSELF!!!!"

www.TattooAnnie.etsy.com
miss_cute_boots
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2005 11:15:27 AM »

There must be something with big cats trying to live up to their names.....my cat is 27 pounds and doing everything he can to live up to the name Loki...thanks to that the hubby said no to naming the next one Shiva...he's scared of what may happen  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Icemaiden
CSI addict!!

Annoy me...I'll set my pet sock,stripy, on you!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2005 11:28:27 AM »

This morning when I was in bed my cat got a bit miffed that he couldn't get onto my bed because the other cat was on his favourite bit.So he decided to jump onto my desk where my crafts things were,have a wee play with everything then he jumps onto my fireplace and then tries to climb up my mirror?!?All that with the determined wiggle.

The other cat likes to sit on whatever your trying to read or sew...

lol,your cat stories were hilarious

Huggles

Ice Maiden
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall,ninety-nine bottles of beer.Swab one down,run it through CODIS,ninety-eight bottles of beer on the wall"

"Would you mind if I took a picture for my bite collection?"
"Whatever rubs your Buddha."

"Don't touch me.I'm evidence
Chelsea
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2005 03:19:32 PM »

There must be something with big cats trying to live up to their names.....my cat is 27 pounds and doing everything he can to live up to the name Loki...thanks to that the hubby said no to naming the next one Shiva...he's scared of what may happen  Smiley

Our cat's name is Loki too.   And yes...he definitely has tried his hardest to live up to the name.  Smiley 

He's not 27 lbs though, he's about 9lbs....but he's had some problems.  He's a rail.  That doesn't stop him from eating my hair in the mornings, sitting on my lap when I try to work on something.  In our old apt he used to get on top of the cabinets, we noticed when we were moving out that his favorite spot to sit, the top of the cabinets was actually broken from his weight.   We didn't tell and they didn't notice  Lips sealed     Sometimes I'll think he's content sitting on my lap, for once out of the way, while I do a cross stitch, then all of a sudden I feel him jump, and my string disappears.  He loves hair and string.  he desperately tries to eat the little puff of hair I get out of the cat brush when we brush him.  Almost stealing it out ofmy hands. 

He also likes to "clean"  Which means moving every movable (preferably breakable too) object off of any surface.  Including fridge magnets, a spoon rest (which shattered), his favorite is glasses of water.  =)  He sits there and looks at you while casually pushing something off the table...like he's saying "Yep, I'm gonna break it, what are YOU gonna do about it?"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jinn
walking widdershins...

I'm ready for my detention Professor Snape.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2005 12:17:28 AM »

I think my cat likes reading more than crafting.  Whenever I've got a book open she loves to rub her nose and chin on the spine.  So now, whenever I sit down to read I make sure to show her the book first.  Cheesy

As far as going where they aren't supposed to.. I've been blessed with a cat that doesn't realize she's capable of jumping up on counters and such, so that isn't much of a problem.. but she'd rather crouch on a piece of junk mail that hubby happened to drop on the floor than come anywhere near the lovely fleece kitty cushion I made her. *sigh*  ...it has her name on it and everything.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is no life I know, to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be...
Hyperpunkgirl
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2005 06:33:15 PM »

O.o Kitty kitty kitty! lol my cat is like that, even at the young age of 14 (people think she is still a kitten because she is so small) She has been known to wine for attention a time or two  Roll Eyes Infact she is doing it right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
astormorray
I love looms.

just spin the yarn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2005 01:13:59 PM »

Your cat looks so cute stuffed into that basket! I'm a knitter, and my first cat, Lea, could care less except to occasionally swat the yarn once or twice before she gets bored, but my new kitten, Fiona, is a different story. Anytime I leave my knitting laying around, she curls up and lays on it. Cotton, merino wool, fun fur, you name it, she loves to sleep on it. (I have to knit her a cat bed some time!) And if I'm knitting, she'll lie in my lap and chew on my working yarn (because it moves) until I stop her and move the yarn away from her. It's so cute, I would let her if it weren't for that whole "ruining my projects" thing!

My cat likes to pick up skeins and run off with them.  *shakes head*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sundaymornin
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2005 07:08:58 PM »

aww your cat is so cute! i love fat cats for some reason lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BelovedGoddess
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2005 08:11:27 AM »

Your cat looks very much like my cat, Katie. 

When she was younger her favourite place to sit was on my husband's chest, one night we were snuggling up on the lounge and my head was on his chest.  She walked in, shot me a look of disgust and walked over to the other lounge, sat on the arm with her back to us, turning around occasionally to give me a "if looks could kill" look.  I needed to get something, so got up when I returned she was in HER spot.  Hubby said that she was there even before I left the room.

She loves boxes and cupboards, open one and she just has to investigate. 

She rarely meows, but will just sit and stare at me when she wants something.  I can just tell that she is yelling at me in her head.

She knows exactly where we are in the house and knocks on the window by scratching and hanging off the flyscreens.

Can't have a bath without her demanding to come in, usually by throwing herself against the door.  She also does this to hubby every morning when he shuts the door to dress. 

Will only eat a certain brand of dried catfood, if you try to mix another brand in, she will pick up each piece and then spit it out if it's the wrong brand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KittyKat
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2005 08:09:23 AM »

I miss my holy terror. I have a one year old siamese who has to involve himself in anything I do with a fondness for chewing on paper (granted this is his only bad habit) but he eats every last roll of toilet paper he can reach. When I craft he insists on sitting in my lap and helping me. When i make jewelry all he can do is steal my beads but if I am crocheting its playing with the strings but the worst one is when I am cross stitching he will sit in my lap but god forbid I ignore him he starts chewing on my chart. One of my charts now has a big hole right in the middle of it. Luckily I salvaged the missing piece or that was $20 down the hole. But right now he is living with my mom (and getting totally spoiled by his grandma) while I am deployed in Afghanistan but at least I can cross stitch in peace.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Seared Ahi Tuna
How to Make Chicken Wings
How to Grill Lobster Tails
How to Grill Corn On The Cob
How to Make Beef Tenderloin
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...