A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,682
Currently Running With Scissors:
434 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My walmart Sequin shoes - NOW including tutorial  (Read 6223 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dreamer_gal
You where the chosen one!

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2005 07:40:25 AM »

Ok, I LOVED the shoes in this post http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=24397.0

so I had to make my own version, I got a pair of platform shoes at walmart for 8 bucks and I got some pins and pinned the sequins in. They're not quite finished yet, I have a lot more sequins to put on. I love wearing them around, you can't tell in the pict but they sparkle when I walk and it's a lot of fun.

http://img155.echo.cx/img155/8449/dscf00392rg.jpg

A couple people pm'd me asking for a tutorial for these so here it is:

SUPLIES

Get a pair of platform shoes you want to make beautiful. I used a FOAM pair from walmart. I haven't tried it yet with the 'wood type' shoes so you might want to use the 'foamish' kind just to be sure

I used straight pins - you can get these in the beading section at your local craft store but they're cheaper & you get more if you get them in the sewing section.

Pick out some closely matching sequins, or some that contrast well. You will probably not be able to get indavidual colors and will probably have to pick through a bag once you get it for the colors you want.

Let the beautifying begin!

To attach the sequins, grap something relatively heavy that you can "hammer" the sequins in with, do NOT use a regular hammer; it's way to heavy and the pins are small enough that it's too easy to hammer them in too far and make large holes in the shoe that the sequin doesn't color up.

Poke the pin through the hole in the sequin and hold it where you'd like it to go in the heel of the shoe.

Carefuly hammer the pin into the shoe, this is kind of tricky. Hold the pin with one hand (being careful not to hit yourself with your hammer object) hold the pin until it's far enough in that it's hard to hold. This is very important, if you don't hold it the pin will bend and you'll have to pull it out and grab another pin.

There you go.. if it's too confusing let me know (this is my first tut) and I'll help you out.

Comments/critiques apreciated!!!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012 01:19:45 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working image(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~Duct tape diva~*~
princessandthebead
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005 07:44:03 AM »

I LOVE those!!  Especially the colors!!  ~applaudes~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a Sharpie addiction.  eemmm...In Fact, I am the President of the Sharpie relocation program. 
Newest addiction....PINCUS HIONS!!
I love personal swaps!

My wist:  http://www.wists.com/princessandthebead

I collect business cards and would LOVE to add yours to my collection!  Email me!
spaz2phreek
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005 10:40:03 AM »

straight pins? That's how they are attached? That's genuis. I think I'm gonna have to steal your idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
dreamer_gal
You where the chosen one!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005 11:07:35 AM »

Thanks! I don't mind if u steal it.. good ideas aren't much good if they aren't shared Smiley

They are straight pins, but when you get them make sure they aren't too long or they run into the others of the other sides. Also, DON'T use a hammer, it uses WAY too much force and make HUGE holes.. I used an old paint can and the pin kinda stuck in the middle as I gently pushed it in. - I think I'll post a tut in a minute, I have nothing else to do lol

~Kelsey
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~Duct tape diva~*~
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Vanessa Gezari: What Are You Reading?
Tell Me Why: Creative Writing
The Long Shadow by David Reynolds
Bloomberg Hits Back At NYT Claims Of Censoring Stories For Chinese Leaders
Badluck Way, the Story of a Man, a Wolf, and Their Ultimate Collision
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...