A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 304,865
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Broken sewing machine sending me into withdrawal! HELP!  (Read 522 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

isgrigs
« on: May 26, 2010 04:16:44 PM »

I have a Pfaff 1222, which is an old machine, but I love it and it makes my very unprofessional sewing look almost professional Smiley.  The machine has 3 needle settings, right. left and middle.  When I got it, everything worked well, except the plain, straight stitch.  It would only work when the needle was set to far left.  Otherwise, I got a somewhat wavy stitch.  I should have had it fixed then, but it worked all the way to the left, so in my greed to just use my exciting new(-to-me) sewing machine, I just used it.  Anyway, last week I was sewing something when it started to make a terrible CA-CHUNK noise and I realized one ca-chunk too late I was hearing the sound of the needle hitting the plate, instead of going through the hole.  Needless to say, I broke the needle, but ever since the needle position adjustment doesn't work.  The needle mechanism won't move right or middle.  If I turn the dial the needle moves a little, but both the far left setting and the middle setting position the needle over the left side of the plate (so the needle just hits the plate).  If I leave it on the far right setting, it sits where the needle used to sit when at far left.  And now, I have no straight stitch at all, only wavy, since it only worked on the far left to begin with.  Being a complete sewing junkie, I've been using it this way Roll Eyes, meaning to post and ask for help.  Now it is starting to catch on the front of the plate too (instead of going down through the hole), if I sew anything heavy.  I would really just like to take it in to have it serviced, but I'm afraid I can't afford it.  I've got a very mechanical hubby, father and sewing machine savvy mom, so I'm hoping someone can help me out and we can sort it out ourselves.  But I realized today, I'm going to have a hard time making it one day without my beloved machine, so I've got to do something now before I mess it up irreparably!  If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sew-Classic
Sew-Classic.com

Sew-Classic.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010 05:58:34 PM »

Tell hubby to have a look at the camstack.  They are plastic on this model and sort of well known for cracking. Probably not a DIY repair if that is indeed the issue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenny
Blog.Sew-Classic.com
Sew-Classic                                                                Sew-Classic  
isgrigs
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010 08:59:27 PM »

Thank you, I'll have him take a look at it.  It's a good place to start, thanks for the suggestion!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 10/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 11/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 14/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 15/29
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 6/12
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...