A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,526
Currently Running With Scissors:
431 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: GREAT SWAP ORGANIZERS I HAVE KNOWN  (Read 11377 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Wildfyre
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2010 09:13:12 AM »

I've been in a few swaps now.. and had organizers that were wonderful.. and one that actually flaked! (She was my partner too). But I think the negative experiences just make the positive ones stand out even more.

averyg, TwiztidBlood, and kishcrafts are some of the awesome organizers that stand out in my mind Smiley Although honestly I think anyone that organizes a round of the Little Visitor Swap should be eligible for Craftster sainthood. It's such a long complicated swap and there is so much time for things to go wrong... plus it seems like at least 50% of us end up begging for a deadline extension so we can fit in one last trip..
Yup, I definitely have a ton of respect for all of the swap organizers out there. You all rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr - bonniemj

My DeviantArt - alaskanwildfyre
lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2010 08:38:38 AM »

Thanks for everyone helping to spread the organizer love... keep it coming!

We've been inspired to created a new feature for our swap boards--a regularly featured organizer!  You can read all about our first Featured Organizer here. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2010 12:31:59 PM »

I totally missed out on this thread! I thought I should still put my two cents in since I've been on craftster for 3 years, been in 76 swaps which averages 25 swaps a year, or roughly 2 a month since I started lol I think I know a thing or two about which organizers are great Smiley
First of all, I completely agree Pinkleo is definitely one of my favorites! Very organized, very friendly and approachable but strict when she needs to be.

I'd also like to mention sundayafternoonhousewife even though i dont think she swaps or organizes anymore.
TwiztidBlood for her organization in the Ongoing Wishlist Swaps (I think would be a nightmare to organize, personally lol)
sunspotted also for organizing the OWS.
superhooker for the Invite Your Partner swaps (also a swap i would think would be a nightmare to organize lol)
thatkid for my beloved Dog Swaps!
and Troublet for the may birthday swap recently. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
llisaredd
While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. - Mark Twain

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2010 05:30:17 AM »

Wow! Thanks for the love to those that mentioned me. It really means a lot to know that you all consider me a good organizer Smiley I've been so busy the last 6 weeks that I fear I haven't done as well with my last couple of swaps. Hopefully things will be better in a month or so.

And I just have to give a shout out to goatgoddess. She is my inspiration for the inchie swaps. They are ginormous and a headache and I never would have tried to organize one with out being in her inchie swaps first.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlyssaKnits

Formerly Thatkid

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2010 04:41:49 PM »

yarn or fabric, sunspotted & twiztidblood are awesome! I could never organize swaps the size they do (OWS swaps and secret santa ones)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Changed my username, Formerly Thatkid!
lapoli

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2010 05:51:05 AM »

These are all great suggestions. Keep 'em coming!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2010 12:32:54 PM »

I must say that ALL my organizers in the swaps were great, I don't remember anyone who hasn't dealt with me other than friendly and supportive, and patient with my swap anxiety Grin
Names that have come to my mind spontaneously were

GatorWrangler - because the Sweat Shoppe Swaps are awesome and such a lot of hard work and she has to hunt down so many swappers for sending, and is always friendly.

superhooker - for the Children's Ongoing Wishlist Swap

bsonlytoots and Hollistercobabe - for the awesome awesome Roaming Gnome rounds, for being the nicest and most enthusiastic organizers, and super organized

Thanks to everyone who organized swaps I did! I'd really like to list them all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Saturn
The Ditzy Gypsy

Dance first. Think later.

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2010 06:32:32 AM »

Just want to submit my vote to feature hawkeyes_girl. She's a very attentive organizer who has been keeping the WWP re-occuring swap going to the point where it has picked up enough momentum to form a little community within the swap boards. She also volunteered to take on these swaps, knowing that they reoccur 8 times a year, when our previous organizer left nearly a year ago. We're still going strong and we're up to swap #23!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010 06:33:07 AM by Saturn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently in:
WWP Round 29 Lughnasdagh 2011 swap!
Date to send item by: 07-25-11
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2010 04:51:39 PM »

Yes, I also think hawkeyes_girl deserves some recognition!  She is basically a constant organizer, but still finds time to send personal, thoughtful, and tenderly crafted items for each swap.  She rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Radmom
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2010 04:52:10 PM »

Just want to submit my vote to feature hawkeyes_girl. She's a very attentive organizer who has been keeping the WWP re-occuring swap going to the point where it has picked up enough momentum to form a little community within the swap boards. She also volunteered to take on these swaps, knowing that they reoccur 8 times a year, when our previous organizer left nearly a year ago. We're still going strong and we're up to swap #23!
I second this nomination. She took over being responsible for a continuous swap loved by many members. I think she should be shown how much we thank and appreciate her for doing so. Blessings! )O(
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Grilled and Boiled Corn on the Cob Recipes
Boston Butt Steak Recipe
Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
Grits Recipe
Chilled Broccoli Salad Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...