A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,406
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: GREAT SWAP ORGANIZERS I HAVE KNOWN  (Read 11032 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010 05:23:27 PM »

I think kaz814 did a great job organizing the frugal swap!  It seemed that she spent a lot of time carefully matching partners, she was very visible in the thread and she even messaged me to let me know when she left me feedback! I was definitely impressed!

Aww, thank you so much, lapoli! Smiley

I second the yay for pixieval.  I was in the swap a yard of fabric swap with her and that was quite complicated, with the different send-outs and everything!  She communicated well on the discussion board, was prompt in answering PMs and gave feedback quickly.  Cheesy

Ooh and ThreadorYarn (formerly known as craftydeb) because she rocked the Secret Santa Wish List swap.  That too had differently timed send-outs and she was great about replying to PMs and letting us know when we had been picked!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010 05:24:50 PM by kaz814 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010 07:07:46 PM »

Awww, rackycoo and SevsOnlyGirl, I feel so overwhelmed about this, I don't know what to say!  You guys brought happy tears to my eyes too!  I love Craftster and the joys of swapping, but more than that I love the FRIENDSHIPS I've made here.  So many lovely, gifted, and wonderful people who SHARE everyday.

I have to say that there are two organizers who've stood out for me so far.  MareMare did an great job with communication on the Quilt Block Swap.  There was so much confusion there, but she kept such a cool head, and even set up some polls after the swap was over, to try to learn about each person's swap experience, to help the next one go better.  (The minor pitfalls of that swap had nothing to do with MareMare's awesome organizing skills!)  Way to go the extra mile MareMare!

The other person who really stands out for me is of course, Pinkleo.  I've completed 17 swaps here, and am in 3 more right now.  And out of those 20 swaps, 11 have also involved my one and only crafty-true-love, Pinkleo.  Our similar interests bring us together often, but it's the fact that we both love working together so much that keeps us asking the other one to co-organize whenever either of us starts a new swap.  Even when we're not working on something together, nary a week goes by that we aren't PMing one another to say hello, or share a recipe, or ask how something is going in the other person's life.  She has become one of my dearest friends, and brings so much joy to my life every day.  When a swap that I'm doing with her is over, I find myself sad, and going through inspiration withdrawal.  But then 5 minutes later I get a new PM from her, and all sadness is forgotten.  She's been a great friend, and an EXCELLENT teacher here on Craftster.  She teaches by example, always taking time to make sure a newbie finds their way around, or helps someone with crafter's-block figure out how to proceed with their project.  Her sense of charity and generosity inspire me every single day. 

And finally, I have to add a thank you to the Mods.  You guys rock my world.  And especially thank you to rackycoo & SevsOnlyGirl, who are the Mods I seem to have the most interaction with.  You ladies are every kind of loveliness, and your dedication brings so much more happiness to so many more people than you'll ever be able to know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010 07:31:39 PM »

awwwwwww..... Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010 07:53:34 PM »

Great thread!  I love Superhooker for all the wonderful IYP swaps she's hosted.  Not only does she run the swap very smoothly, but she knows how to encourage everyone to make the swap discussions fun. 

Ditto on the Sunspotted/Twidtidblood OWS love and the Loves2experiment, Lapoli, Altered Mommy STS love!

And thanks to all the wonderful and kind Craftsters out there who take the time to write nice comments.  Tons of crafty karma to you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010 05:54:07 AM »

What a lovefest! Cheesy  I love this thread!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wwrich

Elsbeth's Mom

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010 12:48:01 PM »

... and the Loves2experiment, Lapoli, Altered Mommy STS love!

So, STS is the only swap I've personally done...

What she said, but also a shout out to the STS original organizer raynbow, and former mods xladyluckx, Phizzychick, RubyTuesday and redheadskydiver [Apologies if I missed a few]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Obsessed with Monster High dolls lately.

In the Chicago area?  Want to come to a great crafty weekend?  Check out http://www.musecon.org/
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010 02:03:46 PM »

oh yes all the above, OWS organising would break my brain..and sevsonlygirl is so cool and phizzy is great in the flesh too

troublet is wonderful, I have just been in the T-shirt swap with her, she is really really organised as well as being a fabulously nice and generous person.

and the Make a friend swap organisers..especia lly DesignVigilante..an other swap that must be a serious pain to organise..

and RhondaS who used to do a wonderful job organising the WWP swaps, as well as being the most generous swap partner ever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2010 02:04:43 PM »

Oh Oh Oh and TheSapphireMoon for the FOCs raffle swaps. I am wearing a gorgeous bracelet that she made and I was lucky enough to win, in that swap...another woman who is a great organiser.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2010 02:23:11 PM »

Why thank you edelC! Smiley

My favorite organizer would have to be the fabulous MareMare. She has the patience of Jobe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2010 02:04:50 AM »

Aw thanks for the shoutouts guys!

My fave organizer is sevsonlygirl! In fact, she organized the first swap I did on Craftster (seventy-something swaps ago!)

I <3 the swap mods, they work so hard, and you know when you join a swap one of them is organizing that it will be great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 5/21

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Fruit in Photoshop
How to Create Text Effects in Photoshop
How to Create a Poster Advert in Photoshop
How to Use Layers in Photoshop
How to Create Easy Logos
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...