A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,006
Currently Running With Scissors:
588 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My new duct tape pants & skirt  (Read 31623 times)
Tags for this thread: tip  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dreamer_gal
You where the chosen one!

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2005 07:27:43 AM »

Sorry the pics are kinda lousy they focused on the clothes ok, but I had to model them and I had my little bro take the pics.

Duct tape skirt - this was my FIRST ever duct tape project if I made another one I'd do it a bit differently but, over all for my first try I'm kinda proud of it Smiley

http://img155.echo.cx/img155/6236/dscf0031edited7qt.jpg

Duct tape pantsd - this is a dream come true, ever since I made the skirt in between all my crazy duct tape purses I REALLY wanted to make a pair. Last weekend I finaly got enough duct tape tp make them. It took about an hour and a half + 63 yards of duct tape. A couple people dared me to wear them to my church youth group tonight, so I'm deciding if I'm crazy enough to do it.

http://img155.echo.cx/img155/9323/dscf0021edited7pv.jpg
You can't see it in the pic but there is also a white stripe down the left side, and the waist band is white

Tips for making duct tape clothing

1. Decide what kind of duct tape clothing you want to make and use a piece of that type that fits you well for a patern.

2. If you are lining the clothes with a different color of tape make sure you do the lining FIRST that way if you get air bubbles they'll be invisible on the inside instead of on the outside.

3. When in doubt always use more tape.. it's better for something to be too big than too small. You can always fix it being a little too big, but it's a royal pain to take it apart and make it bigger

4. Duct tape is sadly a little uncomfortable, what it lacks in comfort it makes up in style.. but you might want to make a clothing a little bit big in case you'd like to wear somthing underneath it (this eliminates most of the discomfort). Remember you can always fold and tape extra space but you can't really make it bigger

5. You might want to wear your duct tape clothing around the house a little to get a feel for it before you wear it "out" that way you can test it to make sure it won't rip too easily. When u wear it out for the first time just to be on the safe side you might want to take a small roll of matching duct tape to quickly repair and rips, tears, holes, ect

Please let me know what you think, comments/critisism apreciated! If anyone is wanting a tutorial, beyond these tips let me know and I'll be happy to write one up!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012 09:39:29 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working image(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~Duct tape diva~*~
rebecky1982
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005 08:20:58 AM »

Wonderful skirt! Great job for your FIRST taping project. And I am in love with those pants.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zeeohee
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005 08:33:51 AM »

Wow, those pants are awesome! You should definitely wear them tonight. Smiley I have to ask, what do you use for getting in/out of them? Zipper? Snaps? Special duct tape buttons?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dreamer_gal
You where the chosen one!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005 08:43:58 AM »

My duct tape button actualy kept shredding and I'm still working on a zipper kinda thing so right now I just have a small slit in the front that I tape/untape on both sides to get in and out. My duct tape stuff so far has held together awesome, but I have a great fear of it sudenly ripping the first time I wear it in public so I always wear a pair of bike shorts underneath the pants. I'm also planning on taking a roll of duct tape if I can make myself wear them.. just in case  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~Duct tape diva~*~
princess_me

You can't make me grow up!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005 10:56:54 AM »

so awsome
THIS ROCKS   Logged
emma bo bemma

My hovercraft is full of eels.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005 02:28:17 PM »

did you know there's a duct tape swap going on? (i'm not in it or anything, i just thought you might like to know)

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=33810.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when you think the night has seen your mind
that inside you're twisted and unkind
let me stand to show that you are blind
indigo flower girl
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005 03:34:52 PM »

Very nice! I love those pants! If it's hot, do they stick to you, though? Embarrassed

I think you should definately wear them to youth group!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005 08:56:49 AM by indigo flower girl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://cakeandmittens.wordpress.com/

Smile like you mean it, and let yourself let go.
PhoenyxStyx
Headspinning Prophetess

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005 04:43:19 PM »

Oh, they're wonderful. How ever did you manage? I made an attempt to do a duct tape skirt and ran out of patience as well as tape. And wear them! Succumb to the peer pressure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinfoil queen

Where have all the Darcy's gone?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005 07:55:58 PM »

Oh, those are so cute! Wear them to youth group! I wear crazy stuff all the time (I get weird looks too but everyone knows better than to ask about it by now). Now I have to go out and get some dut tape! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We're talented and bright, we're lonely and uptight. We've found some lovely ways to disappoint... 

~the Weakerthans~
bespectacled
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005 09:56:30 PM »

How fun! I have always wanted to make duct tape clothing... So did you end up wearing them? I also had youth group tonight, but have no duct tape stuff.. I just always sort of dress up Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. - George Bernard Shaw
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ham-Seasoned Soup Beans with Cornbread Recipe
Sizzling Filet Mignon Steak Sandwich Recipe
Gorgeous and Tasty Deep-Fried Shrimp Recipe
Oven Barbecued Chicken Breasts Recipe
Hot Chicken Salad Tarts Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...