A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,214
Currently Running With Scissors:
540 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wedding knits (lace purses, camisole, handfasting cord)  (Read 2935 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , camisole , lace , bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« on: May 26, 2010 02:05:26 PM »

Here are a few things I had knitting for my wedding, which was Sep 9, 2009.  We were married on a gorgeous day up at Beardslee Castle in Little Falls, NY.

For my bridesmaids and matron of honor, I knitted up a few lace purses with Knit Picks Shine Sport along with a Knit Picks pattern.  These were a great introduction into lace as well as excellent practice of vertical mattress stitch.  The white one is mine (which I didn't really need to use) and was made with Louisa Harding Jasmine, which has this cool silver thread running through.  It was very pretty, however you can't really see it in the picture that well. Pattern is here.

Matron of Honor's:

Bridesmaid:

Mine:

Here was our handfasting cord, basically just a simple icord with fringe using leftovers from the purses (in the picture it is hanging with my dried bouquet).

Finally, here is my modified Tswirl camisole that I wore for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. The back view was taken in the mirror shortly after I finished the project, and the front was actually taken after the rehearsal at the castle.  Sorry for the heavily cropped-ness of the photo and please excuse me if I blind you with my paleness. I'm not a vampire, I promise  Wink  Oh, and you can view the pattern on Ravelry. Thanks for looking!

(Back version)

(Front/final version)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
jacsu
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010 07:26:26 PM »

these are beautiful Smiley i really like the purses and the handfasting cord is extremely attractive. be careful with the lace knitting though, it is totally addicting Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wish my knitting would block itself!
kjlutz
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I am woman watch me grow!

Wherever you've been, He's been there

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010 11:14:20 AM »

They are all beautiful.  Great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

Currently drowning in the sea called PhD.

Interested in swapping for I-Spy Quilt Squares and Scraps.
striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010 05:39:09 AM »

Thanks, guys!  Grin

Lace is getting addicting...kind of like knitting socks...  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010 08:02:06 AM »

Beautiful work! The purses are really cute - I like how they close. It's so nice of you to make those for your wedding party. How many did you make? I'm really bad about knitting something more than once (explains why there are so many unmatched knit socks in my house).

The camisole is Divine! You look great in it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010 08:34:51 AM »

Beautiful work! The purses are really cute - I like how they close. It's so nice of you to make those for your wedding party. How many did you make? I'm really bad about knitting something more than once (explains why there are so many unmatched knit socks in my house).

The camisole is Divine! You look great in it.

Thank you, LimeRiot! In total, I made 7 purses total...I made a green one to practice the pattern (as I had never done a lace project at that point), 4 for my bridesmaids, 1 for my matron of honor and 1 for me! Smiley  Once I got going, they were really easy to knit and I had sort of memorized most of the pattern.  I didn't get bored, partly because I had made a commitment to make them (so I didn't really have a choice after making a couple) and because of the lace pattern itself (not monotonous stockinette stitch for miles).  I also decided to knit them flat so I could learn and practice provisional cast ons and mattress stitch, which I got REALLY good at.  I feel like a mattress stitch pro now  Wink

As for knitting socks, I can definitely understand where you are coming from...for complicated stitch patterns, I just knit one at a time, but I've started knitting plainer socks two at a time, which helps (even though it feels like it is taking you longer).

Thanks for your nice compliments Smiley I definitely want to start wearing the camisole again, however I'm going to have to make myself a simple shrug to cover my shoulders so I can wear it to work (no shoulders showing at work!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RockDragon
Slayer of Dragons with Rocking Crafts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010 06:19:23 PM »

The camisole is awesome!!  And those purses are so pretty....that pattern looks very beyond me, but I'm going to have to look at it and maybe give it a try Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010 05:16:48 PM »

The camisole is awesome!!  And those purses are so pretty....that pattern looks very beyond me, but I'm going to have to look at it and maybe give it a try Smiley

It is really not bad, especially once you get the hang of it.  I suggest using lifelines Smiley  Give it a try! If worse comes to worst, you can use it as a potpourri holder in a drawer or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cloned Animals -WSYK #26
How to Make Wire Armatures for Stop Motion
How to Make Computer Animations
How to do Heat Embossing
Raku Firing Process
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...