A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
415 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Selling Zentangles?  (Read 1232 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fancycrafter
« on: May 26, 2010 08:42:14 AM »

I've just recently gotten hooked on zentangles. I found them on here and thought I'd give it a try and now I'm hooked. I was looking for ideas online and came across a few places where there were people selling them. There is a yard sale event taking place in a couple of weeks, where people sometimes sell hand made jewelry, pictures, etc. So, I was thinking maybe I could put out some of my zentangle drawing for sale. I was just wondering if you all think that would work and people may want to buy zentangle drawings. Also, I don't know what price to ask for them. All I know is I've seen some websites where people were selling theirs and some had them for around $3 and others for around $11. What do you think...do you think someone may be interested in purchasing anything like this and what price should I put on them? Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010 05:25:58 AM »

It's been a while since you posted, but did you figure out what to do, and did you do it? For me, the price would depend on how much time I spent on it and how big it is and how sad I would be to sell ANYthing I made for $3.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fancycrafter
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010 06:34:16 AM »

Most of mine are 8 1/2 by 11 pieces of paper that I've done the drawings on. The latest one I've done took up the whole page and most of them do too. Some are the circle ones that just take up the center of the page though. I never really payed attention to the actual amount of time spent on them. I'd say several hrs. went into each one. I just sit there doodling away at them sometimes while watching television. I know at least 2 hrs. went into each one, the latest one I'd say 4 hrs. went into it. The yard sale is taking place this weekend, so we're about to go and have our sale today. I'm just going to put a couple out for $5 and see if they sell or if anyone seems interested. If so, then I'll put some more out. I didn't really like the idea of $3 like I'd seen some online for, just due to the fact that it takes hrs. of work to create one. But, those ones I'd seen for that price were not that big or just more simple designs that wouldn't take as much time to create, so that's probably why they had them at that price.
Mine have more designs in them with color added. I don't really like to just do the very simple designs. That's what I started out with though, but went on from there. So, maybe $5 will work. We'll see. Then maybe I'll just put it online like others have.
I was thinking of maybe putting them on shirts like on cafepress.com or someplace like that. They could actually be put on a lot of different things I guess. Just a thought though.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010 06:36:50 AM by fancycrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged
HardLuckGal
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010 02:55:59 PM »

Maybe you should consider selling prints of your work instead of the original. $5 for several hours of work makes me cringe, your time is far more valuable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010 04:03:26 AM »

Yes, prints at that price. Several hours = 1 per day; that doesn't even produce what's considered pocket change these days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Look Good Even When You’re Sick
How to Get Rid of a Breakout Instantly
How to Get Fuller Eyebrows
Subtle Contouring and Highlighting Tutorial
The 3 Best Beauty Product Organizers
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...