A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
381 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My crafty 10-10-10 wedding thread! UPDATE 7-28-10 new pics!!  (Read 2979 times)
Tags for this thread: short_gown , wedding  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissMina
« on: April 04, 2010 05:41:21 PM »

I thought since everyone is posting there ideas I might as well, none of them are top secret.  We chose 10-10-10 because I like even numbers! I'm from Bismarck ND and he was born in California and the air force stationed him two hours north of my hometown. We met on MATCH.com, yes it does work if you are patient.
We are getting married at the Science Museum of Minnesota (a favorite spot of mine in St. Paul)
We booked a smaller room because of the small number of guests (30?).
This is the room we booked, Argon of course!

We chose a very amazing abstract photographer! Check him out at Kofoto.net!
here is his main page picture:

We are ordering one lil wedding cake that will look something like this:

I have these kind of cake stands one big one, two middle ones and one very tall one:

I also picked up a cake serving set and flutes on sale at herberger's because they were tarnished!
not the actual picture of the flute because I'm clumsy and don't want to ruin them:

and the cake set, you can see how bad they need a polishing jk, they were an older model I guess. oh well its a bargain any way you look at it!

I bought one of these vases at herbergers:

I also was given loads of decorations from my sisters wedding.
I took her extra napkins and stamped them and I want to put the date on there too (the only really crafty thing I've done so far!)

I bought these shoes in silver (Chinese Laundry- Balwin)

And last but not least my ring I am one spoiled lil girl! (I traded in some diamonds to pay half so it wasn't THAT bad!):

***** UPDATE!!**********

here are all of the things I have made so far! I'm almost got everything done!

Invites

Stickers for our favors, cup cake in a jar

card box

cake topper:

necklace

bracelet

the corsages and bouts I made (all in one evening)

centerpieces

my Bouquet:

the one floral piece that got carried away!

I made this shadow box for our picture, its some of the roses he has given me:

I decided I really didn't like the stamped napkins so I sent these through my cuttle bug to match the invites!

And at last, my dresses. I decided I wanted a short dress for the reception/museum!

C+C welcome and thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010 06:20:56 PM by MissMina » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hair,cars,yarn,and resin. I've got it covered!
Slue-Foot Sue
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010 09:17:58 AM »

That envelope is awesome! Your wedding seems like it is going to be so fun. I don't really have much to say, but I wanted to compliment you because I noticed no one commented at all in this thread(which is crazy because your ideas are really cool) 10-10-10 is approaching, best of luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hardyjenni
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010 10:46:45 PM »

I love the dress!  The pinker flowers would go with my wedding!  If only I would have seen it sooner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I try to be crafty in the kitchen! Visit my budget cooking page!

http://tinyurl.com/STLmeals
Pilgrimpriest
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010 04:27:55 PM »

You have some very cool ideas. And I love the science theme! I hope all your final preparations are going well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010 06:47:20 PM »

Beautiful!  I love the idea of stamping the napkins - that's so smart!  Far cheaper than ordering personalized ones.... I may have to steal your idea! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
MissMina
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010 05:26:49 PM »

Thanks everyone for the comments!
If your going to steal the stamped napkins just borrow some ones cuttlebug! i just ran em through!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RamenQueen
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010 10:58:48 AM »

Utterly Amazing!! I really like the idea of having a reception in someplace not a church basement or reception hall! Mueseums are a fantastic idea ( The boy and I are huge Museum Geeks and yes I can't spell lol)

on a side note: I adore your Real Name . My BF and I have discussed that as a possible name for our potential/future offspring. Did you like growing up with it? I know Off topic but I had to ask!

Ps. i love the Rocking Shorter dress and veil!

PSS- We're not engaged but I've had my eye on getting married on 12-12-12 myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissMina
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010 12:03:10 PM »

I'm as off topic as it comes, as far as my name,
I was a weird child to begin with (before I discovered crafts and I was actually really smart as long as I didn't have to sit still) I did get made fun of and my name made it easier.
Now-a-days I think names are going in a different direction (apple, pilot etc) so I think Williamina would be a cute lil girls name, she could be willow! oh the possibilities!

My guy friends do call me willy/billy/mean- ah etc. But I wouldn't change it for the world! My mother is Melvina (melvin) and my aunt is vincenette (vincent) so I feel really lucky my dad was a William!

oh and it can be Wilhelmina (wilhelm) But thats far too hard to spell for a lil kid!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RamenQueen
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010 10:07:52 AM »

Lol YAY then. I'll add it officailly to the list ( Both my dad's father and The Boy's Dad'd father were named william :-) )

My Parents are John and Janett and I very nearly became a Johnette :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SomeHappyEnding
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2010 12:38:51 AM »

I love this! I too am getting married on 10-10-10. I actually got the long version of your short dress. My fiance was just looking over my shoulder and I said "OH HEY!...THAT'S...a dress I tried on!". He hasn't seen my dress yet so I almost just ruined it. I need to start my crafty post but I think i'll wait until after the wedding. CONGRATS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cara Delevingne And Rita Ora To Design Fashion Line Together
Top Swimsuit Trends For Summer
Is Olivia Palermo Going Back to Reality TV?
Make a Splash With 3 Gorgeous Poolside Outfits
Running in Style This Summer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...