A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 305,893
Currently Running With Scissors:
505 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 56
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: OTET: One Tiny Embroidered Thing Sign ups until June 5th/ Send-outs July 12th  (Read 46952 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

caffeinatedair
« Reply #410 on: June 23, 2010 08:27:15 AM »

I'm all set with mine (I think), but I keep wanting to add more! I have to wait until the next payday to finish up the whole shebang, but everything is coming along a lot better than I had expected - especially considering I'm a major newbie at this embroidery thing.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

Accessory hoarder.... scarves beware!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #411 on: June 23, 2010 02:37:19 PM »

I'm still slowly stitching away.... got some time tonight to get some more done so we'll see how far I can get! The assembly part of this item will take considerably less time then the embroidery so I'm excited to see it done!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Spinners Magic Yarn ball! Join us!
Fat Quarter swap-almost done craft for sloth003 Cheesy
IYP 17-deadbathducky waiting still to receive!
Sew/Yarn v's Paper-got my partners!
Ffrogg526
Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #412 on: June 23, 2010 05:46:06 PM »

HUZZAH!  I finally got it all washed and ironed!  And part 2 is done!  Even better!  So now that the hubby's had time to look at it and continually comment on it he finally said somewhat sheepishly "can I have one?"  Roll Eyes  OF COURSE HE CAN HAVE ONE!  But he wants a Celtic Cross and he wants me to finish it before I go back to North Carolina July 10.  Ummm...  I love him....  not happening.  Maybe by the end of the summer he'll get it.  Maybe.  I also wanted to do the Jewish hand symbol for him since he's a collector of all things religious, Christian or otherwise.  We'll just have to see how much I can get done with all my other craftiness going on!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Glenda
« Reply #413 on: June 23, 2010 06:06:20 PM »

I was hoping to try some different stiches out on her lil project but ended up doing some basic ones that seemed to be fitting for the pic.

Same here, sweetyetevil Smiley. As I was packaging it up, I chuckled at the irony of labeling myself as "advanced" embroiderer on the questionnaire, yet the only stitches I did on this project were mostly backstitch, some french knots, and a wee bit of long-and-short stitch. But backstitch is what felt right for the design itself combined with the smallness of the design. I'm super happy with how it turned out!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42
« Reply #414 on: June 23, 2010 08:00:14 PM »

I finally got started stitching again and this time I didn't have to rip anything out.  I am afraid my "one tiny item" is going to seem like a huge cheat in the gallery, so everyone remember that goldfishpollywog did give us that "if it can be folded into a 4 x 4 cube" loophole.  I'm using that loophole in a big way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alorralora
« Reply #415 on: June 23, 2010 09:58:57 PM »

I was hoping to try some different stiches out on her lil project but ended up doing some basic ones that seemed to be fitting for the pic.

Same here, sweetyetevil Smiley. As I was packaging it up, I chuckled at the irony of labeling myself as "advanced" embroiderer on the questionnaire, yet the only stitches I did on this project were mostly backstitch, some french knots, and a wee bit of long-and-short stitch. But backstitch is what felt right for the design itself combined with the smallness of the design. I'm super happy with how it turned out!!

as long as it looks great, I'm sure no one will mind :p

anyway, hot and wet here, so haven't felt like doing much with it.  hubby put in the window air conditioner, so maybe I'll continue on with it tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST it up babee...WIST and shout!!
http://www.wists.com/alorralora
Craftrica

Crafting in Africa

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #416 on: June 23, 2010 11:17:22 PM »

Ta -Daaa! I have finished the embroidery part of mine. Now I just have to put together the actual item!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do not go where the path might lead - go instead where there is no path and
leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Tadiera
Heroic-Leigh

Superhero With No Powers or Motivation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #417 on: June 24, 2010 01:01:01 AM »

So I got the interfacing I needed.
My mother-in-law, when we visited today, said: "I saw on Facebook that you don't have an iron. I have three, so you can have one of my extras." And then my father-in-law gave me an OLD (I'll have to take pics) sewing machine that I'm going to need to touch up and buy parts (like feet) for, but it works.

... yet I forgot to buy glad press n seal, so the embroidery itself STILL has to wait. I'm glad I'm a quick embroider-er. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Site: http://www.heroic-leigh.com
Wist: http://wists.com/tadiera
Pintrest: http://www.pintrest.com/tadiera
Note for partners: I have gauged ears, so classic earrings don't really work for me. Smiley
quaggy
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #418 on: June 24, 2010 09:29:49 AM »

I finally got started stitching again and this time I didn't have to rip anything out.  I am afraid my "one tiny item" is going to seem like a huge cheat in the gallery, so everyone remember that goldfishpollywog did give us that "if it can be folded into a 4 x 4 cube" loophole.  I'm using that loophole in a big way.

Looks like I am a cheater too!  I am using the same loophole!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42
« Reply #419 on: June 24, 2010 12:34:14 PM »

Oh no, when I say 4 x 4 cube, I mean that when you fold my item up, it actually makes a full 4 x 4 cube.  I guess people shouldn't give me a loophole though if they don't want me to use it.  Of course; I'm sure she wouldn't have given it to us if it wasn't okay.  Just allowing plenty of creative freedom.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 56 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Thread a Needle More Easily
How to Prevent Sewing a Button on Too Tightly
How to Prevent a Ball of Yarn from Getting Tangled
How to Crochet: Hook Size and Chaining
How to Make Incense
Latest Blog Articles
June 29, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Summer Hat
Hedgies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...