A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,745
Currently Running With Scissors:
514 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet: Happy Hooker pattern question  (Read 2371 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

morning_town
« on: May 25, 2010 09:30:35 PM »

Hey guys!

I'm pretty new to crochet. I've tried to the baby star blanket, but I've forgotten how to do a lot of that already.

So I'm hoping to pick it back up, as well as make this my new hobby. :3

I grabbed the Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet book which is pretty helpful and I love all the little tutorials and stuff.

I'd like to make the Short 'n Sweet bolero, however I'm having a little trouble interpreting some of the pattern.

Mostly these type of things:
*ch 2, sk next 3 sc, sc in each of next 2 sc, ch 2, sk next 3 sc, V-st in next sc*

I assume, correctly I think, that V-st stands for the V stitch that's shown earlier in the book.

However, the sk next 3 sc really baffles me.
If I'm skipping the next 3 chains, do I do anything? Do I sc across those or does the ch 2 that happens before hand take care of this?

It's possible that it'll make more sense when I try it, but I've been reading this pattern to see if I can get the gist of everything.

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kiewiet
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010 01:57:39 AM »

You are right, the V-stitch will be the v-stitch described earlier.

The ch2 will take care of the skipped sc too(as you thought correctly)

It is much easier doing it than reading the pattern on its own as you have to visualize the stitches when you are just reading it. Basically your brain has to remember the previous row and stitches as well as imagine where the next stitch will go and at the same time draw a picture of the finished result!!!! A bit confusing at times, don't you think?
When you actually do it it is much less confusing.
Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
toric
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010 01:23:04 AM »

when i made the short and sweet i photocopied the page with the little pattern chart on it and kept it in front of me while i worked. i found it helps when i know why im meant to be sk next ch 2 space etc

good luck with it and i hope you end up loving it as much as i love mine
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kristel1978
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010 03:41:18 AM »

That's a good idea. There's also a diagram for the left (I think it was the left  Smiley) front part on the Stitch 'n Bitch site (errata). Once you get going it's not as hard as it seems, good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftaddiction
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010 10:26:39 AM »

This pattern can be confusing when you first start. Make sure you check the errata, it helps. Also, as I recall, there is an error with the pattern that the errata didn't correct. They forgot some of the 'ch 2'. So when you get on the next row it tells you skip a ch 2 space that isn't there. Just remember that you chain 2 after just about everything. Looking at my notes, it seems rows 3-8 are missing a chain 2 in each row.

The designer's site may help if you run into problems:
http://www.lavonneknotjustknits.com/blog/index.blog/1672875/short-n-sweet-confusion/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
Roxxi
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012 05:31:19 PM »

I am new to this site, forum not sure of the correct term,   Smiley  I have a question on the short n sweet top.  When we add the extra little strand to row 8 should it be on the inside (neckline)or outside (shoulder)?  I am not sure if I'm starting on the correct side of the top.  I was pretty sure I was however when I start the next series of relief shells they are aligned instead of being off set.  Hope I explain myself right.  I appreciate your help, I would like to have this done before Easter.  Thank you so much and am looking forward to getting to know each and every one of you. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Roxxi
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012 12:32:14 PM »

Hello all!!! I finally made the time to complete my Short n' Sweet Yippee!!!  As I was weaving in all the ends envisioning the pinning and blocking I realized the blocking will not be as easy as I thought.  Does anyone have suggestions on how best to pin?  I dont want to flatten out the pretty ribbing.  Please help, I cant wait to wear this sweater!!!  Cheesy Thank you all, I really do appreciate any and all advice!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Steak and Cheese Sandwiches
How to Make Chicken and Bacon Roll-Ups
How to Make Open-Faced Pimiento Cheese BLTs
Jonathan Waxman: The Sartorialist For AOL On
Make Breakfast Rock With Homemade Pop Tarts!
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...