A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,580
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wedding Photo Album - 4 pages done!  (Read 1876 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ednarb

Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.

View Profile WWW
« on: May 25, 2010 08:49:52 PM »

My husband and I were married March 20. The photographers took over 1300 digital pictures! I finally sorted through them and printed out the best 300 (!!!) (thanks, Walgreens photo shop!) I decided to create a scrapbook for our wedding album, instead of just an album with photo sleeves. (Although I did order some photo sleeve scrapbook insert pages - there are just too many pictures I love, it's so hard to choose, and I don't want to have to create a SB page for ALL of them. Otherwise I'd never be done!) Here are the first four pages. I'm new to scrapbooking, so comments/criticisms are very welcome. I'm looking to learn, here.

The pages are in no particular order. I'm creating pages as I go through the photos and see ones that I think are related and would make a good page together.

Thanks!

YES!
These pictures are all high-fives, thumbs up and arms raised in celebration! The feeling in them all definitely was "YES! We made it!" Photos left to right - high five from Uncle W on our way back down the aisle; two thumbs up from Aunt P (who acted as Mistress of Ceremonies) as we walked past her; me with my arms in the air outside, and my sister with a giant smile and one fist up; husband and I with our hands raised in the air right after being announced; and our first moment alone (except the photographer;) as we walked out the door of where the ceremony was - I just liked our faces in this one. We look both excited and relieved!

Reception Details
There were so many pictures of all the details of the reception, I didn't want to leave anything out. Since I'm doing the photo sleeves, too, I'll be able to put in whole pictures of the reception, but liked the idea of spotlighting a bunch of the little elements - personalized candies, bows on the chairs, all the birdhouses my mom and I created (the theme was First day of Spring), the little papercraft Brooklyn Bridges (where he proposed), the flowers, plus some pictures of us - the one of me eating and him drinking was just funny because of our facial expressions.

The Well Groomed Man

Groom
These two photos make up a two-page spread. It's all about my hubby-to-be getting ready, and being all dressed up with his 2 groomsmen. I just loved the naturalness of the pics of his younger brother helping him put on the tie, and his sister in law fixing his pocket square! My husband is going to provide the journaling later for the 1st page (he *loved* being in that tux!).

Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.
stefaniegk
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010 09:01:48 PM »

I like this! I would have never guessed you were a first timer if you hadn't told me. Now you are making me wanting to start our wedding scrapbook.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://stefaniegk.tumblr.com         

76/124 in 2013!                          I love personal swaps!
6craftycats
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010 07:36:32 AM »

Your wedding looks like it was absolutely beautiful!! Congrats!

The pages look fab! I never would have guessed you were new to scrapbooking  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010 07:38:31 AM by 6craftycats - Reason: needs to use the spell check button » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bluetshirt
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010 10:05:17 AM »

i really like it. Good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abby w.

Sky Captain and the World of Your Mother.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011 02:05:06 PM »

It's always hard for me to figure out how to create the flow of a scrapbook.  I tend to go chronologically, but I really really like what you did here--grouping like with like.  The effect is awesome.  I especially liked all the joy expressed on the "Yes!" page.  Wonderful work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
modified

http://dontdollfacefotos.blogspot.com/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011 10:18:19 PM »

What a nice start. We're getting married in November 2012 and this is definitely something I'm considering.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
#MyModamobStyle Viewer Spotlight: @Tania_Sarin
Expert Vintage Shopping Secrets from Decades Co-Owner Christos Garkinos
Inspiration Piece: 4 Ways To Wear A Leather Skirt
Celeb Street Style: Jessica Alba, Lily Aldridge and Zooey Deschanel
Reveal of the Ultimate Bachelor Makeover
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...