A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
492 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: When you're broke, you've got to get creative: the story of our wedding (so far)  (Read 3115 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tristan14831
« on: May 24, 2010 09:05:18 PM »

Howdy! My wedding is going to be March 12, 2011. We've had plenty of time to plan, but we're broke, so I've been crafty! We're still looking for a place to have the wedding (that in itself is a long and awful story involving the perfect location being indefinitely closed due to really old wiring) so until we figure that out, we're kind of stuck involving most of the crafty projects I had in mind. To be productive, I've been working on the bouquets for my bridesmaids and Jared's groomslady.

After going over all the math, I discovered that it would be cheaper to make my own flowers over any other flower option, so I started lurking around the internet and found felt and button flowers.

My sister is going to be my maid of honor and she'll be wearing yellow. Her flowers are the ones with the blue bases and the rest of the girls will be in blue and carrying yellow. Here are some of my favorite flowers and one of all of them I've made together. I've got to make 105 flowers and i've got about 40 made. That makes about 15 flowers per bouquet.

I've got a little more info on my blog in this post:
http://greenandcrafty.blogspot.com/2010/05/felt-flowers.html

and to see more flowers, check out my photobucket.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v363/to_shut_kime_up/felt%20flowers/

Any comments/criticism are wanted and appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I write about my life, home, and projects at www.upcycleddownriv er.com if you're interested in checking them out!
SomeHappyEnding
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010 01:25:29 AM »

I'm getting married 10-10-10 and flowers are something I wasn't willing to fit into my budget. I made all of mine out of ribbon and they turned out awesome. I absolutely adore these. Keep up the good work and you'll hit that 100 mark soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tristan14831
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010 05:03:42 PM »

I'm getting married 10-10-10 and flowers are something I wasn't willing to fit into my budget. I made all of mine out of ribbon and they turned out awesome. I absolutely adore these. Keep up the good work and you'll hit that 100 mark soon.

Did you post your flowers on craftster? I'd love to see them! I'm interested in projects where people do wedding stuff in a non traditional kind of way!

and thanks! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I write about my life, home, and projects at www.upcycleddownriv er.com if you're interested in checking them out!
SomeHappyEnding
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010 09:15:51 PM »

I haven't just yet. I'm actually waiting until I have everything done to make my post. I've been lurking around here for over a year and seeing your post I felt compelled to tell you you were doing a great job. I'm going to do a full wedding thread as we've made basically everything. I'm in the midst of making invitations, made bouquets, a cupcake wedding cake stand, ring bear pillows, garland, centerpieces...I think that's the jist of it right now so soon i'll make one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010 07:29:02 AM »

nice job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tristan14831
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010 10:15:27 AM »

I haven't just yet. I'm actually waiting until I have everything done to make my post. I've been lurking around here for over a year and seeing your post I felt compelled to tell you you were doing a great job. I'm going to do a full wedding thread as we've made basically everything. I'm in the midst of making invitations, made bouquets, a cupcake wedding cake stand, ring bear pillows, garland, centerpieces...I think that's the jist of it right now so soon i'll make one.

you have been busy! I just figured I'd update as I went since by the time I get that close to being done, I won't have any time to do a post! lol I can't wait to see everything you've done! I'm trying to figure out centerpieces now. I want to make button trees, but I just don't know where the reception is going to be just yet, so I don't know how many I need to make. I'm kind of at a stand still with my plans.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=343727.0 that's my post to the original button tree I made, but for the tables, I thought I'd do only yellow and blue ones to match our colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Crafting Contagious Content Using the Public
Crafting Contagious Content with Practical Values
Crafting Contagious Content with Emotions
Crafting Contagious Content with Stories
How Ayana Mathis Creates Characters With Soul
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...