A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,771
Currently Running With Scissors:
552 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: another (old fashioned) random gallery!!  (Read 44584 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: June 14, 2010 05:51:32 PM »

OH my gosh! thatkid is awesome (is that knit, not crochet? I know she is a beautiful knitter) that yarn is a beautiful choice, looks so good on you!

That quilt is beautiful! How sweet of you to include her favorite thing! a dolphin, and her name looks lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #361 on: June 14, 2010 06:18:45 PM »

I got my fabulous package from UntouchableFace!  Sorry my pictures are a little crappy, I was waiting for some sunlight, but it has been icky and overcast for days!!

First off, I got these two bags of beautiful fiber!!

UF sent this cross stitch for my mom, who will totally love it!!!  I've got a matte and frame all picked out for it!

Next, I got a whole TON of fantastic handspun!!  check these out!
That's blue/green BFL, and orangy-green with pretty much everything!
here's some lovely CVM, one of my favorite fibers!

and here's some 2-ply in my favorite lime green/orangy/burgandy color scheme, and some thread plied yarn in loverly autumn colors:

I have already cast on my new fall hat with the limey/burgandy!!  Holy crap, it is so awesome!!

UF made me this cross stitch, with a phrase from Christopher Moore, who is one of our favorite authors.  I think it is both hillarious and wicked.  I will hang it in my dining room, where it can constantly offend lots of people.

This little heart is going on the art wall in my bedroom!  How cute is this!!!

Finally, UF made me these two awesome shirts, and I am crazy about them!!!

Thank you sooooo much UntouchableFace!!!  I love everything, and your package is so nicely made...I can't even say how wonderful it all is!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
cigarettesandvalentines
Red ships of Spain!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #362 on: June 14, 2010 07:02:54 PM »

aw, i love the kitty cross stitch! It's so damn true!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Someone has to go back and get a shitload of dimes."

Personal Swaps? Love 'em! Drop me a PM

etsy! http://www.etsy.com/shop/historystuffed

http://hamiltonsstupidhat.blogspot.com/
Ffrogg526

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #363 on: June 14, 2010 07:04:01 PM »

I love that Christopher Moore quote!  That's amazing!  And the fiber/handspun is awesome! I'm so jealous of the handspun yarn!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: June 14, 2010 07:08:35 PM »

Beautiful yarn! that is sooo on my todo list for 2011! And the kitty cross-stitch had me laughing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: June 14, 2010 07:14:27 PM »

I was totally blown away with the items that arrived from pixieval today!!!!!!   Grin I cannot hardly believe what she sent me.  Talk about spoiling a person!  She spoiled me so bad, but good if ya know what I mean! Tongue

First I found two books thrifted by recommendation from her mother-in-law. Tell her thanks I know that I will enjoy them both.  And if you send books, you must make bookmarks to send with them!  I received two in the cutest owl fabric which
I love!  

Next came the the cutest owl print fabric pillows!  I have seen this fabric on-line but never in person and it is so cute and colorful.  I am thinking about taking one to the lake and using it as a jumbo pin cushion. I know this sounds a little crazy but when I do cross stitch I have so many needles loaded with different thread that it would work out so good for me.

I also need it there because the next item was a fantastic cross stitch kit with a Mom and her baby tiger.  It is so weird since my den is done in safari animals and this will be perfect if I get my butt in gear and get it done.  It too will be a work in progress when at the lake on those rainy days or late nights inside.  She could not have sent a better choice without even knowing.

Here is a smaller pincushion out of the same fabric as the bookmarks!  Too cute!

Pixieval found out that I collect cupcakes she crocheted this cute little cupcake.

Moving right along is the cutest drawstring bag!

Inside of it I found: A milk chocolate with toasted almonds candy bar,  and some hickory smoked Bison sticks!  These are hid so bf doesn't nab them. He asked if they where for him and I told him nope, no mention of it!   Pixieval also included a deck of cards Greetings from Minot North Dakota and a brochure of the area.  Ya think she is inviting me to visit?

Now if all of this was not enough, I found more.

This piece of fabric is the best!  I posted a lot of pictures since I love all the sayings on it.  I think I may use it to make a tote using some solid red and black fabric. I am not totally sure as I do not want to act hasty and then decide it should have been something else.  (I think a tote or purse would be so cute though)

I added a few action shots of the last few items:  Excuse me I am in shorts, just got in from mowing several yards!
 First off a cool  woven rug in my kitchen colors, This must have took forever!

I love the concept of this apron.  She crocheted the top and tie bands and attatched it to the fabric.  It can be used for drippy hands.  Again the colors are perfect. I think the bird fabric is so cute!

Now I was totally in shock with the next item!  I can not believe after everything else Pixieval made this too.  I think it was the other way around though!  As we first started this swap she made mention of working on something and kept PMing about her progress. I so love the colors and the softnest! The Granny squares are a work of art. I tried to show it in use and I am 5 ft 1 standing behind it so the actual size can be seen! Can you believe the size of this?  I wish yall could touch it, it is so super soft!  She used my favorite color again turquoise, Pixie you are the best!

Pixieval thank you is not enough for all the fantastic items that you made for me, I love everything!  You Rock!  Do you ever sleep?  I am so amazed at all of the time you spent for me!!!!

« Last Edit: June 14, 2010 07:55:44 PM by quaggy - Reason: picture was messed up, and added 2 more left out » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #366 on: June 14, 2010 08:01:31 PM »

I'm so glad it got there so quickly, and that you like everything! lol, the bison sticks was totally for your bf, but I won't tell him if you don't!
I had help on the fabric choice from some other craftsters for the apron. And I quite literally looked all over town for a Minot thimble, I giggled when you sent me a thimble! But I never found one, so decided on the playing cards instead, thought those would be fun when you guys go to the lake!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010 08:06:09 PM by pixieval » THIS ROCKS   Logged
quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: June 14, 2010 08:04:20 PM »

Everthing was perfect!   And yes we play poker here and at the lake, but not sure I want to use them.  I also collect cards and old board games.  What jerky?Huh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #368 on: June 14, 2010 08:31:04 PM »

Oooooh look at that afghan! The color is perfect. It looks so cozy. And I MUST have that fabric. I think a sewing machine cover would be awesome out of it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010 08:32:06 PM by dharma_rebel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

amazing_784
« Reply #369 on: June 14, 2010 10:06:03 PM »

I WANT that fabric!  Where did you get it, pixieval?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fast Food Formations: Homer Simpson Built From Junk Food
Gordon’s Griddled Pineapple Recipe With Spiced Caramel
How to Make Quick Tiramisu
How to Make Brown Sugar Baked Apples With Bourbon
How to Make a Pear-Lemon Pie with a Pâte Brisée Crust
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...