A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,932
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Adventurer's Guild D&D Room!! *Very Pic Heavy*  (Read 14712 times)
Tags for this thread: dungeons_and_dragons , medieval , amigurumi , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Zombina Skeleton
« on: May 23, 2010 12:31:05 AM »

My husband and I play D&D with our friends at least once a week if not more so. That being said we have been working on our perfect game room idea for years. About a month ago we started working on it, the first thing we did was the paint job. We wanted the walls to look like stone and I loooove the way it turned out but it took forever!!! Anyways enough of my talking, let us get to the pictures!

This is the view from the doorway! I forgot to get a picture of the dragon painting that hangs above the entry that says "Your Adventure Begins Here"

Right Corner View

Here you can see Chromo the Red Dragon's remains! We hung his wanted posted beneath him because we are all braggarts  Tongue His wanted poster tells the tales of his horrid reign over Duskveil Forest. Its okay though...we got him!

Close of up Chromo!

Our "animal" skin rug! You can't really tell but this rug is made out of fun fur, I got this on sale at the fabric store for .99 cents a yard! Cheapest rug ever.

Close up of the D&D Deity Tabards. I am new to sewing so I am SO proud of these. The green one is the sigil for Moradin and the blue one is for the Raven Queen (our respective favorite Deities).

The weapon chest! My husband's favorite part. The flail and shield I made, the shield ended up costing $0 and the Flail was $20! That makes it cooler to me somehow  Grin

This is the Shelf of Holding! You can see our potions and gems. Odd trinkets and magical items. The Wand of Ameatra and Samson the Slime

I loooove this wand. I found this really pretty twig at the park one day and decided I must make a wand. I just soaked the wood in water then twisted them together and bound with hemp rope. I let it bake in the sun for a few days then attached the pretty quartz wand I found in the dime basket at my local thrift store to the top and there ya have it!

Potions, trinkets, scrolls, and baubles. Everything we could need Smiley

We mounted an erasable dungeon map to corkboard and used industrial Velcro to adhere it to the wall. The DM corner comes complete with a comfy seat and a screen to scheme behind!

Close up of our game table. The wooden punch bowl is filled with dice/dice bags and of the three cups each one contains one of the following; pencils, erasers, pencil sharpener. Nothing can stop us now......lol

Thank you so much for taking the time to look! I hope you enjoy it <3

« Last Edit: May 23, 2010 12:45:09 AM by Zombina Skeleton » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/zombina
My Wistie!

I <3 Personal Swaps!
Selnith
Ruler of Geek

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010 12:46:55 AM »

i already hit this Rocks, because it does, and makes me squee
my ideal game room atm would be to convert our loft/attic/roof space, an area for storage and a gaming area, having a low pitched roof i'd want a low table, bean bags for chairs, a nice shelf for our reference books and some soft lighting, that's the minimum i'd want
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
Angry Angel
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010 01:09:14 AM »

That looks brilliant, you're going to have so much fun in there! I especially love Chromo, very funny! Don't forget to post a photo of the entrance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lucyravenscar.etsy.com
lucyravenscar.blogspot.com
lucyravenscar.tumblr.com
seneris
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Medieval Craft lover

I live to learn new crafting techniques!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010 01:47:05 AM »

Wow! This is incredible! I don't play D&D but I like this room! This will certainly help get into the mood. What do your players think about it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When in doubt - use gold paint Wink
50 projects in 2013 craftalong
lolacat
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010 03:45:09 AM »

this is awesome!  my husband would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tarriknits
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010 05:05:28 AM »

I love this! I'm goingt o have to show my other half.

We keep saying we will convert our attic room to a games room but first we need to sort out the storage in there - less plastic crates and more wooden trunks i think! Then we need to find some local gamers to play with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Granite_turtle

Granite? Yes as in tombstones...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010 07:50:50 AM »

I'm speechless, hitting this rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

After checking out Regretsy I'm pretty sure I could sell my stuff on Etsy.
nekoonna

I poked a bager with a spoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010 08:33:26 AM »

THAT IS AMAZING!! All we have is our living room and it gets trashed every time we play. It's incredible the amount of work you put into too. Totally awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imrahil
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010 11:29:50 AM »

That room is awesome in all its geekyness! I don't play D&D myself but you sure made me want to!
My favourite part of your room is the dragon head on the door.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spaz2phreek
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010 06:26:01 PM »

oh frak...just taking a quick second to say this is awesome then sending it to a friend who's going to be very, very jealous. Very cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Original Cheese Fries Casserole Recipe
Thanksgiving Roast Turkey Recipe
Holiday Potato Yeast Rolls Recipe
Baked Potato Fans Recipe
Turkey and Dumplings Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...